Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Interesting thing about USC's offense in 2012.. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50884)

ZRO 02-06-2012 04:01 PM

Interesting thing about USC's offense in 2012..

OK, sorry if I'm way out of the loop on this. It may already be well known, but I was looking around at 2012 CFB stuff and checking out USC's roster. I just realized their top 3 WR's for next season - Robert Woods, Marqise Lee and George Farmer (Woods and Lee both being, IMO, top 5 WR's in the country) all played at the SAME high school at the SAME time.

That's incredible. They must have never lost a game. First of all - WTF are they feeding the kids at that school? Second of all, have their been any situations like this in CFB history? Like a whole group of WRs/LBs, etc. starting together from the same high school?

SickwithIt1010 02-06-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZRO (Post 2851513)
OK, sorry if I'm way out of the loop on this. It may already be well known, but I was looking around at 2012 CFB stuff and checking out USC's roster. I just realized their top 3 WR's for next season - Robert Woods, Marqise Lee and George Farmer (Woods and Lee both being, IMO, top 5 WR's in the country) all played at the SAME high school at the SAME time.

That's incredible. They must have never lost a game. First of all - WTF are they feeding the kids at that school? Second of all, have their been any situations like this in CFB history? Like a whole group of WRs/LBs, etc. starting together from the same high school?

Yeah they all went to Serra. Woods and then Farmer were both the number 1 recruits at WR in back to back years. Lee was originally going to USC with the intentions of playing safety until he started tearing it up in workouts. Its very hard to believe they all played together in high school, if they had a QB who could throw it in their area it was all over. I know that they did win some titles while at Serra. Hopefully they can help lead USC to one next year.

Punisher 02-06-2012 05:39 PM

They also had Paul Richardson who was a 4 star receiver out of high school who ended up signing somewhere in the PAC 12.

I loved watching Serra games when the fearsome foursome was there.

Da Big Harv 02-06-2012 06:36 PM

ya pretty amazing for all that WR talent from one area and to anwser your other question about similar groups Arizona St 3 top LB's or 2 top and one very good one also all went to Centenial in Cali

Vontaze Burflict is one year younger and seniors Brandon McGee and Shelly Lyons

and a lot of other players are from that high school on ASU including a 4 star freshman QB

gator3guy 02-06-2012 06:47 PM

Miramar to West Virginia pipeline too

Geno Smith
Stedman Bailey
Ivan McCartney