Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Mike Adams Interview (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50978)

Scott Wright 02-12-2012 08:51 PM

Mike Adams Interview

Interview with Ohio St. OT Mike Adams
http://www.draftcountdown.com/interv...Mike-Adams.php

vidae 02-12-2012 09:51 PM

Great interview. Seems like a good kid.

DeepThreat 02-12-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 2857730)
Great interview. Seems like a good kid.

My first thought too.

Then I saw the dubstep line...

SenorGato 02-12-2012 10:11 PM

Really polished interview for him...Anyone have a reason this guy won't go in the first round?

Sloopy 02-12-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SenorGato (Post 2857742)
Really polished interview for him...Anyone have a reason this guy won't go in the first round?

The guy is a definite first rounder, the question is how high?

Some have him as high as the #2 OT on the board and some (I really don't understand why) as being the #4 behind Martin.

bitonti 02-13-2012 10:46 AM

i read some notes from Senior Bowl week that said he played high and heavy legged... not true at all. Adams killed it SB week and even in the game he stood up well to Upshaw, Ingram and Coples. He should be a very high pick indeed. It's a real conversation whether he's better than Reiff and Martin.

K Train 02-13-2012 10:53 AM

i think his ceiling is the pick following kalil. definitely my #2 tackle, would take him over martin every time

JoeJoeBrown 02-13-2012 11:07 AM

Great interview.

He's always seemed like a bright kid with good intentions.

Sloopy 02-13-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitonti (Post 2858049)
i read some notes from Senior Bowl week that said he played high and heavy legged... not true at all. Adams killed it SB week and even in the game he stood up well to Upshaw, Ingram and Coples. He should be a very high pick indeed. It's a real conversation whether he's better than Reiff and Martin.

Reiff should be his only considered competition. I may be biased but I put him over Reiff. However, both are the 2A and 2B prospects and I wouldn't mind either on my team.

To be honest, I don't see Reiff or Adams being that far off the tail of Kalil.

vidae 02-13-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 2858059)
i think his ceiling is the pick following kalil. definitely my #2 tackle, would take him over martin every time

At this point I'd be shocked if Martin were taken ahead of Adams. Kalil will go before him, and you can make a case for Reiff, but no way does Martin go ahead of him.

holt_bruce81 02-13-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 2858059)

IMO it's....

1. Riley Reiff
2. Matt Kalil
3. Mike Adams

Shane P. Hallam 02-13-2012 11:42 AM

Of everyone I spoke personally to, Mike Adams was Top 5 in most well spoken. Very articulate, very intelligent. Matches up with offensive linemen averaging the best wonderlic scores. I think teams could be pretty impressed with him.

A Perfect Score 02-13-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 2858135)
Of everyone I spoke personally to, Mike Adams was Top 5 in most well spoken. Very articulate, very intelligent. Matches up with offensive linemen averaging the best wonderlic scores. I think teams could be pretty impressed with him.

Rightfully so. This was a great interview. I don't think the Top 10 talk is all that far off, IMO.

AntoinCD 02-13-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Perfect Score (Post 2858139)
Rightfully so. This was a great interview. I don't think the Top 10 talk is all that far off, IMO.

I agree I think the only thing that may go against him is it was only really this year he stepped up. But he has more upside than Reiff and LT is always a highly sought after position

iowatreat54 02-13-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloopy (Post 2858081)
Reiff should be his only considered competition. I may be biased but I put him over Reiff. However, both are the 2A and 2B prospects and I wouldn't mind either on my team.

To be honest, I don't see Reiff or Adams being that far off the tail of Kalil.

I agree with Reiff and Adams being 2a and 2b.

It appears that Reiff is looked at higher for already being a more polished guys with better technique, whereas Adams has more athleticism and higher potential while already being more or less solid in technique.

While neither guy is a guarantee, it probably comes down to which teams feel like they can "afford" to take a guy like Adams who might never reach his high potential, or if they feel safer taking a guy they think will be solid but not grow much.

killxswitch 02-13-2012 12:12 PM

Screams "Jason Smith" to me for some reason. Maybe because I hate OSU.

TACKLE 02-13-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitonti (Post 2858049)

Indeed. His thick lower body (something rare for a guy his height) and patience in his pass sets =/= "heavy leggedness".

K Train 02-13-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 2858184)
Screams "Jason Smith" to me for some reason. Maybe because I hate OSU.

so so so so much better than jason smith ever was imo. similar in regards to "pure athleticism" i suppose but as an offensive lineman hes much more well rounded an not only potential like jason smith was just for simply looking the part.

JoeJoeBrown 02-13-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 2858195)
so so so so much better than jason smith ever was imo. similar in regards to "pure athleticism" i suppose but as an offensive lineman hes much more well rounded an not only potential like jason smith was just for simply looking the part.

Plus, he's now got a chip on the shoulder. He played pissed off last season, which he hadn't really done before.

Maybe in the long run, the punishment was a good thing. It appears that it gave him a bit of fire to prove himself more.

keylime_5 02-13-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 2858148)
I agree I think the only thing that may go against him is it was only really this year he stepped up. But he has more upside than Reiff and LT is always a highly sought after position

his junior year was just about as good as his senior year. First team all-big ten.

agree that since he plays left tackle he could go a lot higher than most other players of his caliber that play other positions. NFL teams want great pass rushers, great left tackles, and great quarterbacks most of all.

villagewarrior 02-14-2012 05:41 PM

I think Adams is probably my favorite option at the Chiefs pick assuming everyone else falls as projected. I've been convinced since the Nebraska game. He just looked very good.

SuperPacker 02-14-2012 06:19 PM

This is the sort of interview you want. A smart intellegent guy who has more than just a one word answer to say.