Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Jeremy Lin's Combine Numbers? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51094)

Caulibflower 02-19-2012 09:22 PM

Jeremy Lin's Combine Numbers?
 
...What would they be?

6'3"

200 lbs

4.68 40

6.89 three-cone

38" vert

Profiles as a possession receiver.

J-Mike88 02-19-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulibflower (Post 2865386)
...What would they be?

6'3"

200 lbs

4.68 40

6.89 three-cone

38" vert

Profiles as a possession receiver.

"Stiff hips" though

phlysac 02-19-2012 10:38 PM

Not well-rounded.

Needs to be in the slot.

Best at slants.


/passive ESPN-style racism

akvikefan89 02-19-2012 10:45 PM

Outstanding Wonderlic score.


Paul 02-19-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlysac (Post 2865430)
Not well-rounded.

Needs to be in the slot.

Best at slants.


/passive ESPN-style racism

Not bad. Not bad at all

Docta 02-19-2012 10:54 PM

The small ***** certainly isn't going to help.

/ESPN-style racism

prock 02-19-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlysac (Post 2865430)
Not well-rounded.

Needs to be in the slot.

Best at slants.


/passive ESPN-style racism

Yup. That was super funny. I have no more rep to give sadly.

ellsy82 02-20-2012 01:19 AM

Yeah...he sounds like a baboon when you listen to him in an interview though. Mumbling the repeated things over and over again.

Whoever said "good wonderlic", LOL. Nice.

underscore 02-20-2012 05:30 AM

He's got character issues. Many say he's linsane.

prock 02-20-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellsy82 (Post 2865490)
Yeah...he sounds like a baboon when you listen to him in an interview though. Mumbling the repeated things over and over again.

Whoever said "good wonderlic", LOL. Nice.

Well he did graduate Harvard with a 3.1 and a an economics degree. Must be a mumbling idiot.

GaMeTiMe 02-20-2012 06:40 PM

He'd be a quarterback, and obviously size would probably be his biggest issue...oh, and having zero arm strength. Probably do something nice at the Shrine Game then go undrafted and go play in Canada..Maybe find his way back in the NFL in the perfect offense for his quickness/short-accuracy/decision-making a few years down the road and who knows what from there...

soybean 02-20-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellsy82 (Post 2865490)
Yeah...he sounds like a baboon when you listen to him in an interview though. Mumbling the repeated things over and over again.

Whoever said "good wonderlic", LOL. Nice.

pretty sure that'd be an issue of public speaking and not intelligence -_-

he also got a 4.2 in high school. pretty sure harvard doesn't just hand out athletic scholarships to anyone.

Spaceboy1 02-20-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soybean (Post 2866143)
pretty sure harvard doesn't just hand out athletic scholarships to anyone.

You're right, they don't offer scholarships at all (no Ivy league institutions do for athletics).

ellsy82 02-21-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soybean (Post 2866143)
pretty sure that'd be an issue of public speaking and not intelligence -_-

he also got a 4.2 in high school. pretty sure harvard doesn't just hand out athletic scholarships to anyone.

Okay...He might be a smart kid. Sure doesn't sound like it though.

Prowler 02-21-2012 07:36 AM


ChiFan24 02-21-2012 01:24 PM

This is the worst thread ever.

underscore 02-21-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaceboy1 (Post 2866211)
You're right, they don't offer scholarships at all (no Ivy league institutions do for athletics).

However, many/most are on some sort of academic scholarship or other "aid package" in lieu of not being given an athletic scholarship.

zachsaints52 02-21-2012 02:07 PM

Its people that make threads like this that hate players like Lin and Tebow.

xjxdarren 02-21-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellsy82 (Post 2866641)
Okay...He might be a smart kid. Sure doesn't sound like it though.

as pointless as this thread seems to be, are you suggesting Tyson Chandler or Melo sound smarter than JLin? The only athlete that speaks better than Lin currently is Andrew Luck

DrAbaddon 02-21-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zachsaints52 (Post 2867181)
Its people that make threads like this that hate players like Lin and Tebow.

I KNOW you didn't just group Lin with Tebow. Lin is intelligent and good at the sport he plays.
Quote:

Originally Posted by xjxdarren (Post 2867372)
as pointless as this thread seems to be, are you suggesting Tyson Chandler or Melo sound smarter than JLin? The only athlete that speaks better than Lin currently is Andrew Luck

Yeah, Shane Battier has a real tough time speaking. :|

Caulibflower 02-21-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiFan24 (Post 2867105)
This is the worst thread ever.

There's so much important news getting pushed down the front page!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zachsaints52 (Post 2867181)
Its people that make threads like this that hate players like Lin and Tebow.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, but I happen to enjoy watching both of them. Tebow generates more cringes, but he's had some of the best endings ever.

Thread, of course, is mostly a joke and I posted it because it can be pretty dull waiting until the combine hits. Would be interesting to imagine him being a QB, though. Didn't even think of that. Wasn't there some Youtube video going around of him playing flag football? That's kind of what made me think of it.

EDIT: found.



*dishes it at 1:46

ChiFan24 02-22-2012 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulibflower (Post 2867561)
There's so much important news getting pushed down the front page!

I don't care about the well-being of this page. This thread harms society as a whole.

zachsaints52 02-22-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulibflower (Post 2867561)
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, but I happen to enjoy watching both of them. Tebow generates more cringes, but he's had some of the best endings ever.

Its people keep bringing those two guys in everything it makes most unbiased fans hates the two guys.

wogitalia 02-22-2012 10:10 AM

Pretty sure his turnovers would kill him at the next level ;)

J-Mike88 02-23-2012 10:04 PM

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/s...airness-issues

Rare I know, but this is a pretty good discussion actually, from Steven A and Bayless.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.