Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Da'Jon McKnight, WR, Minnesota (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51108)

VikesWookie 02-20-2012 08:20 PM

Da'Jon McKnight, WR, Minnesota
 
What are your thoughts on "Honey" D'Jon McKnight, WR Minnesota?
Good Size but tended to disappear in stretches throughout last season. Not sure if disappearance act was more due to him or the sub-par QB play over the last two years... When he's on with the QB though, he was flat out solid and looked like a Sunday prospect. Any takers?

Shane P. Hallam 02-20-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VikesWookie (Post 2866285)
What are your thoughts on "Honey" D'Jon McKnight, WR Minnesota?
Good Size but tended to disappear in stretches throughout last season. Not sure if disappearance act was more due to him or the sub-par QB play over the last two years... When he's on with the QB though, he was flat out solid and looked like a Sunday prospect. Any takers?

I like him, but don't have him as draftable right now.

Ozzy 02-20-2012 09:17 PM

He is ok, love his ball skills and large hands. But his lack of speed might keep him undrafted. If he works out well at the combine though and shows he can run routes and do so with good speed, he could be a 6th or 7th round draft choice.

Nice prospect though, and if he works out well, his physical jump ball ability will catch a lot of teams attention.

yo123 02-21-2012 12:55 AM

How can you possibly like someone and not have them draftable? 255 players are drafted.

rawdawg 02-21-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo123 (Post 2866562)
How can you possibly like someone and not have them draftable? 255 players are drafted.

Ask all the teams that went hard after Dane Sanzenbacher and Mark Herzlich once they were able to last year.

Ozzy 02-21-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

yo123 How can you possibly like someone and not have them draftable? 255 players are drafted.
Quite easily to like more than 5 receivers if you follow college prospects I would say. This is where I have him ranked, barely being picked among the 32 receivers on average that are drafted in the draft.

With a good workout like I said that will keep him in the draft but some of those other guys could easily jump McKnight.



Justin Blackmon Oklahoma State RS JR
Michael Floyd Notre Dame
Alshon Jeffery South Carolina JR
Kendall Wright Baylor
Mohamed Sanu Rutgers JR
Jarius Wright Arkansas
Ryan Broyles Oklahoma RS
Jeff Fuller Texas A&M
Dwight Jones UNC
Rueben Randle LSU
Chris Owusu Stanford
Stephen Hill Georgia Tech JR
Joe Adams Arkansas
Ty Hilton Florida International
BJ Cunningham Michigan State
Tommy Streeter Miami FL
Juron Criner Arizona
TJ Graham NC State
Eric Page Toledo JR
Marvin McNutt Iowa
Jermaine Kearse Washington
AJ Jenkins Illinois
Nick Toon Wisconsin
Chris Givens Wake Forest
Devon Wylie Fresno State
Greg Childs Arkansas
Mike Willie Arizona State
Keshawn Martin Michigan State
Travis Benjamin Miami FL
Keith Nichol Michigan State
DJ Woods Cincinnati
Da'Jon McKnight Minnesota
DeVier Posey Ohio State


(Possible late round or undrafted free agents)
Derek Moye Penn State
Nelson Rosario UCLA
Damarlo Belcher Indiana
Justin Johnson Houston
Marquis Maze Alabama
Kris Burd Virginia
Junior Hemingway Michigan
Rod Streater Temple
Jarrett Boykin Virginia Tech
Dejuan Miller Oklahoma
Damaris Johnson Tulsa
James Rodgers Oregon State
Jarmon Forston NA
Gino Crump Arizona
Roy Roundtree Michigan
LaRon Byrd Miami FL
Antoine Hicks TCU
Taylor Embree UCLA
Bert Reed Florida State
Malcolm Williams Texas
Taiwan Easterling Florida State
Martavious Odoms Michigan
Aldarius Johnson Miami FL

J-Mike88 02-21-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzy (Post 2867447)
Quite easily to like more than 5 receivers if you follow college prospects I would say. This is where I have him ranked, barely being picked among the 32 receivers on average that are drafted in the draft.

With a good workout like I said that will keep him in the draft but some of those other guys could easily jump McKnight.



Justin Blackmon Oklahoma State RS JR
Michael Floyd Notre Dame
Alshon Jeffery South Carolina JR
Kendall Wright Baylor
Mohamed Sanu Rutgers JR
Jarius Wright Arkansas
Ryan Broyles Oklahoma RS
Jeff Fuller Texas A&M
Dwight Jones UNC
Rueben Randle LSU
Chris Owusu Stanford
Stephen Hill Georgia Tech JR
Joe Adams Arkansas
Ty Hilton Florida International
BJ Cunningham Michigan State
Tommy Streeter Miami FL
Juron Criner Arizona
TJ Graham NC State
Eric Page Toledo JR
Marvin McNutt Iowa
Jermaine Kearse Washington
AJ Jenkins Illinois
Nick Toon Wisconsin
Chris Givens Wake Forest
Devon Wylie Fresno State
Greg Childs Arkansas
Mike Willie Arizona State
Keshawn Martin Michigan State
Travis Benjamin Miami FL
Keith Nichol Michigan State
DJ Woods Cincinnati
Da'Jon McKnight Minnesota
DeVier Posey Ohio State


(Possible late round or undrafted free agents)
Derek Moye Penn State
Nelson Rosario UCLA
Damarlo Belcher Indiana
Justin Johnson Houston
Marquis Maze Alabama
Kris Burd Virginia
Junior Hemingway Michigan
Rod Streater Temple
Jarrett Boykin Virginia Tech
Dejuan Miller Oklahoma
Damaris Johnson Tulsa
James Rodgers Oregon State
Jarmon Forston NA
Gino Crump Arizona
Roy Roundtree Michigan
LaRon Byrd Miami FL
Antoine Hicks TCU
Taylor Embree UCLA
Bert Reed Florida State
Malcolm Williams Texas
Taiwan Easterling Florida State
Martavious Odoms Michigan
Aldarius Johnson Miami FL

Those names along make those guys draftable.
I dare you to name your first kid Martavious or Aldarius.

I also love Marvin McNutt's chances at the next level.

norcalgsr 02-21-2012 09:12 PM

Don't worry where a guy is drafted. If you think he's got talent, just look out when he gets his opportunity in the NFL. Heck 6th-7th rounders are borderline draftable anyway and most probably never make the team.

Priest Holmes, Arian Foster, Wes Welker, Victor Cruz, etc.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.