Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TE Rankings (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51206)

NY+Giants=NYG 02-24-2012 02:34 PM

TE Rankings

Since all our TEs are broken, I am curious about this position. Who is the best run blocking TE? Best catching TE? And finally who is the best complete 2 way TE, who can run block and equally catch the ball?

In our system, we need a two way guy. So who is this guy and what round does he go?

If you had to put a grade on the top 5 TEs in this draft who would it go?

rickscott 02-24-2012 02:46 PM

http://prodraftguide.com/tight-ends.html

Grizzlegom 02-24-2012 02:49 PM

Who is the best run blocking TE? Cory Harkey
Best catching TE? Orson Charles
And finally who is the best complete 2 way TE, who can run block and equally catch the ball? Dwayne Allen or Coby Fleener
In our system, we need a two way guy. So who is this guy and what round does he go? Dwayne Allen seems like a better fit for the Giants IMO, would need to use 32 on him though.
1. Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford 1-2
2. Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson 2
3. Orson Charles, TE, Georgia 2-3
4. Michael Egnew, TE, Missouri 3-4
5. Deangelo Peterson, TE, LSU 4

NY+Giants=NYG 02-24-2012 03:22 PM

I am seeing Allen in mock drafts for us. You have him as a 2 way guy at TE. I guess he would be a good fit for us then. I like Fleener and wouldn't mind him, but I see Allen's name associated with us.

Iamcanadian 02-24-2012 04:31 PM

There are 3 solid TE's available in this draft. Allen, Charles and Fleener. At least one will likely go round 1 possibly 2. Fleener is the slowest of the bunch, so he can likely be had in round 2.
Charles is a pass catching nightmare for DB's and Allen is pretty good as well and probably the better blocker. Fleener is solid but not a spectacular receiver and should be an able blocker.
I don't think Charles fits the Giant's scheme but the other 2 could do quite well.

HakeemtheMachine 02-24-2012 08:37 PM

I think Coby Fleeners frame would make him the guy for the Giants if they were picking early.
Depending how George Bryan runs I could see him being on there radar later on as well/Although those 5,0 sec 40 rumors would eliminate him

Ozzy 02-25-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

TE Rankings
Since all our TEs are broken, I am curious about this position. Who is the best run blocking TE? Best catching TE? And finally who is the best complete 2 way TE, who can run block and equally catch the ball?

In our system, we need a two way guy. So who is this guy and what round does he go?

Run Blocking:Brad Smelley Alabama/Kevin Koger Michigan
No real elite run blockers in this draft I feel. Underclassmen Michael Williams, Rhett Ellison and Andre McDonald are better than any of the tight ends in this draft in regards to run blocking in my opinion. But if had to choose it would be Smelley or Koger.

Pass Catching:Ladarius Green Lousiana Lafayette
Plays like a wide receiver, long arms, runs effortlessly but not sure he can be a down tight end in the NFL.

Complete:Dwayne Allen Clemson/ Coby Fleener Stanford
Both players have great pass catching ability and ability to stretch the field. Allen is an amazing athlete and Fleener has ideal size for the position.

1) Dwayne Allen Clemson
2) Coby Fleener Stanford
3) Ladarius Green Lousiana Lafayette
4) Orson Charles Georgia
5) Michael Egnew Missouri

Brian Linthicum Michigan State
David Paulson Oregon
Brad Smelley Alabama
Kevin Koger Michigan
George Bryan NC State
James Hanna Oklahoma
Nick Provo Syracuse
DC Jefferson Rutgers
Evan Rodriguez Temple
Josh Chichester Louisville
Beau Reliford Florida State
Drake Dunsmore Northwestern
Brad Herman Iowa
Eric Lair Minnesota
Deangelo Peterson LSU
Andrew Szczerba Penn State
Adrien Robinson Cincinnati
Kavario Middleton Montana
Joe Halahuni Oregon State
Morkeith Brown Temple
Lansford Watson Maryland

bengalbuck 02-25-2012 11:32 AM

Orson Charles is going to be viewed as a 1st round pick by the end of the day.

People look at his build and assume he sucks at blocking, but that's not true. He does a surprisingly good job. And he can go get it in the passing game also.

It won't be quite a Vernon Davis type workout, but it'll be the best TE performance at the combine since then.

Babylon 02-25-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamcanadian (Post 2872552)
There are 3 solid TE's available in this draft. Allen, Charles and Fleener. At least one will likely go round 1 possibly 2. Fleener is the slowest of the bunch, so he can likely be had in round 2.
Charles is a pass catching nightmare for DB's and Allen is pretty good as well and probably the better blocker. Fleener is solid but not a spectacular receiver and should be an able blocker.
I don't think Charles fits the Giant's scheme but the other 2 could do quite well.

Not sure where you're getting that from. From what i've seen he's probably the fastest of that group.

TACKLE 02-25-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 2873305)
Not sure where you're getting that from. From what i've seen he's probably the fastest of that group.

^^^^^^^^

this. if healthy, sub 4.6 is possible for him.

Matthew Jones 02-25-2012 12:24 PM

For the top three tight ends, Dwayne Allen can line up anywhere, is a great blocker, and has sure hands but lacks elite height and isn't the most explosive option. Coby Fleener has the height to create mismatches and is an adequate blocker but he lacks bulk and has inconsistent hands. Orson Charles is more of an H-Back and receiving option that doesn't contribute much as a blocker, but is extremely athletic and presents a matchup issue for linebackers.

Babylon 02-25-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TACKLE (Post 2873324)
^^^^^^^^

this. if healthy, sub 4.6 is possible for him.

They're saying Bears or Giants. The Bears would probably get their replacement for Greg Olsen and the Giants would become even scarier.

NY+Giants=NYG 02-25-2012 02:12 PM

I really wanted to Fleener and Orson run their 40s. Allen had a 4.84 40 which was below avg.

A Perfect Score 02-25-2012 02:56 PM

I think a slow 40 hurts Allen much less then it would Charles or Fleener, as both of the latter are touted as the superior athletes.

I don't see how the #1 TE isn't Fleener by a landslide though. I've got both Charles and Allen as early-mid second rounders, but Fleener deserves to go in the first. He's really undersold athletically; he isn't Gronk, but he's not all that far off athletically. Some of the people in here are right in saying that sub 4.6 is a legit possibility for him.