Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Bucfan12's top 5 positional rankings each position. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51247)

bucfan12 02-26-2012 08:37 PM

Bucfan12's top 5 positional rankings each position.

Top 5 players at each position:

QB:

1. Robert Griffin III Baylor
2. Andrew Luck Stanford
3. Ryan Tanehill Texas A&M
4. Brandon Weedon Oklahoma State
5. Kirk Cousins Michigan State

RB:

1. Trent Richardson Alabama
2. Lamar Miller Miami
3. David Wilson Virginia Tech
4. Chris Polk Washington
5. Ronnie Hillman San Diego State

WR:

1. Michael Floyd Notre Dame
2. Justin Blackmon Oklahoma State
3. Alshon Jeffery South Carolina
4. Stephen Hill Georgia Tech
5. Brandon Quick App. State

TE:

1. Dwayne Allen Clemson
2. Orson Charles Georgia
3. Colby Fleener Stanford
4. Ladarious Green LA. Lafeyette
5. Mike Ednew Missouri

OT:

1. Matt Khalil USC
2. Riley Reiff Iowa
3. Jonathon Martin Stanford
4. Mike Adams Ohio State
5. Zebrie Sanders Florida State

OG

1. David Decastro Stanford
2. Kelechi Osmelle Iowa State
3. Brandon Washington Miami
4. Kevin Zeitler Wisconsin
5. Cordy Glenn Georgia

C:

1. Peter Konz Wisconsin
2. Mike Brewster Ohio State
3. Phillip Blake Baylor
4. David Molk Michigan
5. Ben Jones Georgia

DE:

1. Melvin Ingram South Carolina
2. Quinton Coples North Carolina
3. Nick Perry USC
4. Chandler Jones Syracuse
5. Whitney Mercilus Illinois

DT:
1. Michael Brockers LSU
2. Fletcher Cox Mississippi State
3. Devon Still Penn State
4. Dontari Poe Memphis
5. Jerel Worthy Michigan Sate

3-4 OLBs:

1. Courtney Upshaw Alabama
2. Melvin Ingram South Carolina
3. Nick Perry USC
4. Ronnell Lewis Oklahoma
5. Whitney Mercilus Illinois

4-3 OLBs:

1. Lavonte David Nebraska
2. Bobby Wagner Utah State
3. Zach Brown North Carolina
4. Nigel Bradhem Florida State
5. Travis Lewis Oklahoma

ILB/MLB:

1. Luke Keuchly Boston College
2. Donta Hightower Alabama
3. Audie Cole North Carolina State
4. Michayl Kendricks California
5. Vontaze Burfict Arizona State

CB:

1. Morris Claiborne LSU
2. Janoris Jenkins Alabama State
3. Leonard Johnson Iowa State
4. Trumaine Johnson Montana
5. Stephon Gilmore South Carolina

FS:

1. Dre Kirkpatrick Alabama
2. Markelle Martin Oklahoma State
3. Janzen Jackson McNeese State
4. Christian Thompson South Carolina State
5. Aaron Henry Wisconsin

SS:

1. Mark Barron Alabama
2. George Iolka Boise State
3. Antonio Allen South Carolina
4. Brandon Taylor LSU
5. Winston Guy Kentucky

regoob2 02-26-2012 08:57 PM

Omgzzz Stephen Hillzz So Fastt!!!

bucfan12 02-26-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regoob2 (Post 2875738)
Omgzzz Stephen Hillzz So Fastt!!!

He's also got excellent hands and playmaking skills.

prock 02-26-2012 10:22 PM

You are very inconsistent. No way you had RG3 ahead of Luck before the combine, but then you have Glenn as the 5th guard even though he was equally impressive at the combine.

Sloopy 02-26-2012 10:37 PM

No Wright in the top 5 WR?

Glenn below Washington and Osemele?

Martin ahead of Adams?

bucfan12 02-26-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prock (Post 2875803)
You are very inconsistent. No way you had RG3 ahead of Luck before the combine, but then you have Glenn as the 5th guard even though he was equally impressive at the combine.

I'm not all about the combine, nor do I buy into all of the hype surrounding it. Great athletes can perform wonders. Is it helpful some guys can run a 4.35 flat? Definately. But they also need to perform on the field.

I look at the production and play on the field mostly. Cordy Glenn wasn't impressive with the pads on, but he's blowing up the combine?

RG III being ahead of Luck isn't about just the combine either. I believe he's more accurate, stronger arm, just as good, if not better awareness, better pocket presence, can avoid pressure and create players with his legs, better passer on the run, threads the needle, better deep ball, and has excellent timing on his passes.

Luck is very good again on all those things, but I just look at RG III and he just does them better. I've been doing a lot of study lately on majority of prospects. The combine can change things a little, but I'm looking for is the players on the field, not who run well in shorts.

bucfan12 02-26-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloopy (Post 2875813)
No Wright in the top 5 WR?

Glenn below Washington and Osemele?

Martin ahead of Adams?

I believe Wright is more of a product of RG III and the Baylor offense. People talk about how hard it is to evaluate QBs from a spread offense. I think it's more difficult to evaluate the WRs in a spread offense. Wright just doesn't impress me as much.

Washington and Osemelle are mamoths and beasts in the trenches. Cordy Glenn's stock was falling due to his play on the field during his senior year. Now, he runs a 4.9 forty and all of a sudden he's back in the top 15? Come on.

bucfan12 02-26-2012 11:07 PM

I kind of find it funny how most people believe the combine determines and should determine rankings of these prospects. Some of you made it a point to say, Cordy Glenn for example, who's stock was slipping towards round 2, blows up the combine, and all of a sudden, his stock should be ahead of every G in the league? He outperformed David Decastro in almost every single drill at the combine, but there is no way in hell he was or is a better G than Decastro

J-Mike88 02-26-2012 11:17 PM

You'll look back at this down the road some years and wonder why you didn't have Chase Minnifield on here.

I do agree with you on Ingram #1 there.

bucfan12 02-26-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mike88 (Post 2875830)
You'll look back at this down the road some years and wonder why you didn't have Chase Minnifield on here.

I do agree with you on Ingram #1 there.

Chase Minnefield? Every time he played a quality NFL WR prospect, it always seems he was consistantly beat over the top. He might have to move to Safety.

niel89 02-26-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloopy (Post 2875813)
Martin ahead of Adams?

In no way is Adams a lock to go over Martin. They are close so personal preference is an option. Martin's status has waned but he still has all the tools to be a LT. I think that his fall has been overrated.

It not like its Griffin over Luck.

toonsterwu 02-27-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucfan12 (Post 2875834)
Chase Minnefield? Every time he played a quality NFL WR prospect, it always seems he was consistantly beat over the top. He might have to move to Safety.

Okay, huh? I'm not sure he's a top 5 CB, but that's just an odd statement to make. Are you suggesting he lacks speed? If so, check out how he chased Reed down against FSU. Are you suggesting he lacks hips? I certainly don't see the case, but I guess we'll have to wait until drills to see how agile he is.

Part of the reason he seemed to be beat over the top is because of UVA's defensive alignment, but I really don't think he got beat deep nearly as much as you think. The one game I recall this year was the game against Miami and Tommy Streeter. Teams shied away from him a ton this year, though.

That said, I'll stick somewhat with what I said last year. In terms of talent, of the UVA CB's the last few years, I think Dowling is first for me, followed closely by Minnifield, and then Cook.

In terms of who I think has the best instincts, that might be Minnifield. In terms of who I think might be the best NFL CB, I think that's Minnifield. I think you can island him (every corner gets beat at times), and I think he can play well in zone principles.

Sloopy 02-27-2012 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucfan12 (Post 2875825)
I kind of find it funny how most people believe the combine determines and should determine rankings of these prospects. Some of you made it a point to say, Cordy Glenn for example, who's stock was slipping towards round 2, blows up the combine, and all of a sudden, his stock should be ahead of every G in the league? He outperformed David Decastro in almost every single drill at the combine, but there is no way in hell he was or is a better G than Decastro

I never had Glenn falling into the second. His season this year was a bit off because he was playing OT, but he is still a top notch guard prospect.

Also you never explained Martin over Adams. The only excuse I can think of is that YOU are making this off the bench reps etc. Adams' tape > Martin's

Quote:

Originally Posted by niel89 (Post 2875842)
In no way is Adams a lock to go over Martin. They are close so personal preference is an option. Martin's status has waned but he still has all the tools to be a LT. I think that his fall has been overrated.

It not like its Griffin over Luck.

Martin looked like a damn marshmallow this year.