Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Who's going to be on the Madden cover this year? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51460)

Caulibflower 03-08-2012 01:30 AM

Who's going to be on the Madden cover this year?

Cam Newton.

RCAChainGang 03-08-2012 01:32 AM

I think it would be justified to put Marshawn Lynch on the cover.

Caulibflower 03-08-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCAChainGang (Post 2890985)
I think it would be justified to put Marshawn Lynch on the cover.

I do too, but I don't think he'll get the votes.

49erNation85 03-08-2012 01:42 AM

Just put Tebow on the cover and it well sell.

brat316 03-08-2012 01:45 AM

Tebow or Newton. either way the curse is real and one of them will fall to it. If Tebow does BearBaron will be having a party, if Newton does then most of the people who thought he would bust will be correct.

BandwagonPunditry 03-08-2012 01:49 AM

Who wouldn't want to see 'the curse' versus god? Classic battle of good against evil.

RaiderNation 03-08-2012 01:49 AM

Newton, Rodgers or Tebow.

gpngc 03-08-2012 01:52 AM

When the voting starts, we are going to make a thread to urge everyone to vote for the stupidest player. And on Reddit. Hopefully it will spread and the stupidest option will get the cover.

I'm pretty sure that's what happened last year with Hillis...

Ngatachance92 03-08-2012 01:55 AM

If Tebows on the cover maybe the curse will be reversed and he will actually play like a decent QB.

fenikz 03-08-2012 01:57 AM

ugh its gonna be tebow

zachsaints52 03-08-2012 02:09 AM

Gregg Williams.

And in my player mode on defense you get adjectives to injury players, and with that money buy rating points (like xp for ncaa)

On offense, Skill- dont get injured OL- make sure your qb doesnt get injured.

Too NFL Blitz?

niel89 03-08-2012 02:26 AM

I hope to god its not Newton or Tebow. Give it to a player that has earn real distinction in the NFL. Is it for sure another fan vote this year? If so Marshawn gets my vote. Just him on the cover with skittles rain.

J-Mike88 03-08-2012 07:00 AM

Eli the SB MVP

Caulibflower 03-08-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mike88 (Post 2891100)
Eli the SB MVP

That's probably not a bad guess. Might've even made the poll had I thought about it longer beforehand.

BeerBaron 03-08-2012 08:13 AM

I can tell you this, EA isn't going to let the public vote again, haha. The underestimated the power of the internet.

Newton would make a TON of sense. I think they'll avoid Tebow because his situation is so tenuous. Last thing they want is another Favre situation where the player gets traded after all of the games are shipped. I think it's pretty clear that through their interest in Peyton Manning, even if they don't get him, they'll be looking for another starting caliber QB somewhere this offseason.

If they want to take the pulse of the league, putting a TE like Gronk or Graham on there might be wise. Unlikely though since the TE position isn't exactly flashy, and they'll probably try to avoid the Saints given their stigma.

Or they could just put Rodgers on. I think he is who they would have preferred last year (or really anyone BUT Hillis,) so they could make it up this year.

I don't think there is a clear cut favorite right now to be honest. Newton would make a ton of sense to me though.

crossroads 03-08-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerBaron (Post 2891110)
I can tell you this, EA isn't going to let the public vote again, haha. The underestimated the power of the internet.

Newton would make a TON of sense. I think they'll avoid Tebow because his situation is so tenuous. Last thing they want is another Favre situation where the player gets traded after all of the games are shipped. I think it's pretty clear that through their interest in Peyton Manning, even if they don't get him, they'll be looking for another starting caliber QB somewhere this offseason.

If they want to take the pulse of the league, putting a TE like Gronk or Graham on there might be wise. Unlikely though since the TE position isn't exactly flashy, and they'll probably try to avoid the Saints given their stigma.

Or they could just put Rodgers on. I think he is who they would have preferred last year (or really anyone BUT Hillis,) so they could make it up this year.

I don't think there is a clear cut favorite right now to be honest. Newton would make a ton of sense to me though.

Apparently they are letting the fans vote on it again, the vote started yesterday on Sportsnations facebook page...which means Tebow is all but assured his spot on the cover.

Giantsfan1080 03-08-2012 08:44 AM

Is this even a big deal any more? I feel like Madden hit it's peak a few years ago but I could just be getting old.

BeerBaron 03-08-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 2891117)
Is this even a big deal any more? I feel like Madden hit it's peak a few years ago but I could just be getting old.

I stopped enjoying the Madden games once they added that vision cone thing. It was clunky and poorly done.

I stopped playing "GM Mode" as I called it, where I would just build teams and simulate games, once they stopped making it for PC, which was like 08.

And haha, another vote....those guys just don't learn, do they?

Jimmy 03-08-2012 08:56 AM

The ONLY way Tebow doesn't end up on the cover is if Peyton Manning somehow ends up in Denver.

And that won't happen because Tebow has the same agent as Peyton Manning.

A Perfect Score 03-08-2012 09:06 AM

QB vision was awesome. Except Peyton's cone covered the entire field.

BeerBaron 03-08-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Perfect Score (Post 2891132)
QB vision was awesome. Except Peyton's cone covered the entire field.

I was on PC and it was the stupidest thing ever. Before that, you already had to aim with the mouse. When you were over the receiver you wanted, he would turn red and you would click.

When the passing cone came out, you had to control the cone with the mouse and then hit the most random ******* buttons possible on the keyboard to actually throw it, which meant taking your fingers OFF the keys to move your QB. Unless you had extra fingers, you could not throw on the run very easily.

It was stupid and I never played another game of Madden again, just simming them while team building.

A Perfect Score 03-08-2012 09:18 AM

It was cool on console. Madden 06 for original Xbox is the best in the series, IMO. Truck stick ftw. Jamal Lewis was unstoppable.

BigBlueNorwegian 03-08-2012 09:23 AM

No idea. Just hope it's not a Giants player. The curse is real!

Giantsfan1080 03-08-2012 09:26 AM

I stopped playing when they introduced the vision cone as well.

jrdrylie 03-08-2012 09:27 AM

It should be Rodgers or Eli. But Tebow is the dark horse.