Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Rams Looking to Trade Down Again? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51589)

holt_bruce81 03-15-2012 02:47 PM

Rams Looking to Trade Down Again?

http://mobile.turfshowtimes.com/2012...-st-louis-rams

Quote:

The St. Louis Rams may not be done dealing, even after their blockbuster swap with the Washington Redskins over the weekend. According to Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports, the Rams are hoping interest in Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill builds and opens up the possibility of trading down ... again.

Teams that lose out on Peyton Manning or Matt Flynn would be the prime targets for Tannehill. If Manning really has narrowed it down to the Cardinals and the Broncos, that could put Miami, Seattle and Kansas City in the mix for the Rams' sixth spot.

RaiderNation 03-15-2012 02:55 PM

I think the Browns will end up trading down the Jaguars(likely drafting Blackmon at 4) forcing the Rams to either reach on a guy like Poe or trade down and try and screw over the Browns from getting Tannehill. Seattle/Miami will most certainly talk with the Rams about a trade if they miss out on Manning/Flynn.

SuperPacker 03-15-2012 03:15 PM

If the Rams did trade down to say 10-15 what would their options be?

Kuechly would be a nice pick becasue they need a linebacker and Luke is a very good one.

Kendall Wright or Stephen Hill if they still wanted to get weapons for Bradford.

Maybe Jonathan Martin, Cordy Glenn, David DeCastro to beef up their dodgy offensive line. They could maybe even get Reiff in the 10-15 range.

Kirkpatrick would be one to watch as well because they definitely need a #1 corner.

I like these options for the Rams and i always like the idea of moving down when your team is rebuilding. So it would definitely make sense to move down a bit more.

RaiderNation 03-15-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPacker (Post 2905536)

I'd say they go DT, Poe/Cox/Brockers would all be play and I could also see Michael Floyd being a option as well. Wright/Hill would be a major reach in top 15 IMO, Blackmon and Floyd are the clear #1 type WR's in this draft while the other WR's look more like complementry type players. CB isn't a top need anymore with Cortland Finnigan now in town. A olinemen is possible, DeCastro and Reiff are both top 15 picks so they could be in play too.

SuperPacker 03-15-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderNation (Post 2905593)
I'd say they go DT, Poe/Cox/Brockers would all be play and I could also see Michael Floyd being a option as well. Wright/Hill would be a major reach in top 15 IMO, Blackmon and Floyd are the clear #1 type WR's in this draft while the other WR's look more like complementry type players. CB isn't a top need anymore with Cortland Finnigan now in town. A olinemen is possible, DeCastro and Reiff are both top 15 picks so they could be in play too.

Yeah DT would be another option.

Dont think Floyd would be there 10-15 IMO. The Dolphins will probably take him after losing Brandon Marshall.

Forgot about Finnegan but im pretty sure they still have a need at corner so i wouldnt rule it out.

Thunder&Lightning 03-15-2012 03:43 PM

If the Rams traded down again, the amount of draft picks they would have upcoming would honestly leave me speechless.

Babylon 03-15-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Kuechly would be a nice pick becasue they need a linebacker and Luke is a very good one.

Kendall Wright or Stephen Hill if they still wanted to get weapons for Bradford.

Maybe Jonathan Martin, Cordy Glenn, David DeCastro to beef up their dodgy offensive line. They could maybe even get Reiff in the 10-15 range.

Kirkpatrick would be one to watch as well because they definitely need a #1 corner.

I like these options for the Rams and i always like the idea of moving down when your team is rebuilding. So it would definitely make sense to move down a bit more.

Not sure that Kuechly would make sense with Laurinaitis there.

Rams need to come out of this with some sort of premium OT (Reiff, Adams, Martin) and a premium WR (Blackmon, Floyd or Wright). If they get to the point where they are bringing in the 5th or 6th guy at those positions then i think they lose.

Lil Quip 03-17-2012 04:27 AM

I think if they can do it, in almost all cases it is a great idea. I think if Blackmon or Claiborne (maybe maybe Floyd) are at six, sitting pat and taking one of them is quite the good option. However if they aren't, they trade down and have a couple of years to infuse a TON of talent into that roster, which bodes well for them.

ChiFan24 03-17-2012 04:55 AM

Quote:

Before they stole your center I was thinking Konz would make a lot of sense if they could trade down into the second half of round 1. As is, DeCastro makes sense. Maybe Fletcher Cox.

asdf1223 03-17-2012 05:17 AM

The Rams shouldn't trade down IMO. They have plenty of picks for the next 3 years. But the teams cupboard is bare in terms of elite talent. Not picking Trent Richardson because you have a 29 year old Steven Jackson is a bad move.

holt_bruce81 03-17-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdf1223 (Post 2908509)
The Rams shouldn't trade down IMO. They have plenty of picks for the next 3 years. But the teams cupboard is bare in terms of elite talent. Not picking Trent Richardson because you have a 29 year old Steven Jackson is a bad move.

1st - Trent Richardson
2nd - Alshon Jeffery
2nd - Stephon Gilmore or Jerel Worthy

or

1st - Morris Claiborne
2nd - Alshon Jeffery
2nd - Doug Martin

PLEASE.

Vox Populi 03-17-2012 07:25 AM

The only scenario where I can see a trade happening is if the Dolphins get Flynn and the Seahawks need jump ahead of the Chiefs to make sure Tannehill is theirs. If the Seahawks sign Flynn I'll just guarantee that Tannehill is there at 8 for the Dolphins because I can't see Pioli and the Chiefs parting with draft picks to move up to 6 or 7 to get ahead of the Dolphins for Tannehill. If the Dolphins get Flynn, the Seahawks definitely become a legit possibility to trade ahead of the Chiefs though, and the Rams would probably get a 1st and 2nd this year and either a 1st or 2nd next year from the Seahawks.

If the Rams get down to the 12th pick, I'd tell them to pull the trigger on the best DT/OT/CB available. There are a lot of solid receivers that they could pick up early in the 2nd round.

Also, taking Richardson at 6 would be pointless IMO, they can probably get someone in the 2nd like Miller, Martin or Wilson who wouldn't be that much of a step down. If they stay at 6 they should definitely go with Claiborne or Blackmon. One of them will definitely still be available there.

CowboysBeastMode 03-17-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderNation (Post 2905455)
I think the Browns will end up trading down the Jaguars(likely drafting Blackmon at 4) forcing the Rams to either reach on a guy like Poe or trade down and try and screw over the Browns from getting Tannehill. Seattle/Miami will most certainly talk with the Rams about a trade if they miss out on Manning/Flynn.

i think they move down and take floyd, if they take poe that high i'm going to send my resume to a bunch of these teams, i could do their job

CowboysBeastMode 03-17-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPacker (Post 2905611)
Yeah DT would be another option.

Dont think Floyd would be there 10-15 IMO. The Dolphins will probably take him after losing Brandon Marshall.

Forgot about Finnegan but im pretty sure they still have a need at corner so i wouldnt rule it out.

miami is going into rebuilding mode again i think tannehill is the pick and they sit for at least a year

holt_bruce81 03-17-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vox Populi (Post 2908542)
Also, taking Richardson at 6 would be pointless IMO, they can probably get someone in the 2nd like Miller, Martin or Wilson who wouldn't be that much of a step down. If they stay at 6 they should definitely go with Claiborne or Blackmon. One of them will definitely still be available there.

So it couldn't go.....

1. Colts - Andrew Luck
2. Redskins - RG3
3. Vikings - Matt Kalil
4. Browns - Justin Blackmon
5. Bucs - Morris Claiborne

CowboysBeastMode 03-17-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vox Populi (Post 2908542)

Wilson is fumble prone and miller is not a number one rb. Richardson is the best non-qb offensive player either take him or trade down

Vox Populi 03-17-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 (Post 2909124)
So it couldn't go.....

1. Colts - Andrew Luck
2. Redskins - RG3
3. Vikings - Matt Kalil
4. Browns - Justin Blackmon
5. Bucs - Morris Claiborne

It makes too much sense to happen that way. That is legitimately all of my logic in the statement.

Finsfan79 03-17-2012 09:53 PM

only way I would like to see miami trade up is for Blackmon at this point. I would expect us to look at trading downwards instead of up.

onejayhawk 03-17-2012 11:21 PM

One team taht might be playing is Seattle. Ryan Tannehill is the prize.

Miami does is the most likely landing place for RT. Jacksonville and Buffalo are possibles, and Kansas City is a fairly likely. If Seattle does not trade up their best chance for a 2014 starter is already 28 years old. The difference between #12 and #6 is less than #43, which Seattle owns.

J

ChiFan24 03-18-2012 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdf1223 (Post 2908509)

Picking any RB in the top 6 is an even worse move. Honestly, how is the difference between Trent Richardson and Lamar Miller remotely worth passing on a first round caliber talent at another position?

asdf1223 03-18-2012 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiFan24 (Post 2909743)
Picking any RB in the top 6 is an even worse move. Honestly, how is the difference between Trent Richardson and Lamar Miller remotely worth passing on a first round caliber talent at another position?

Who would you pick at 6 then? Poe? Floyd? None of them have the combination of floor and ceiling that Richardson have. He's much farther ahead of Miller.

asdf1223 03-18-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 (Post 2908524)
1st - Trent Richardson
2nd - Alshon Jeffery
2nd - Stephon Gilmore or Jerel Worthy

or

1st - Morris Claiborne
2nd - Alshon Jeffery
2nd - Doug Martin

PLEASE.

Claiborne being on board at 6 is of course the best scenario for you guys but Jeffery would be another big guy with questionable separation skills for you guys. Would much rather see Pettis develop than go that route.

Bucs_Rule 03-18-2012 08:30 AM

I think it's a good chance the Bucs will take Richardson. Schiano likes to pound the ball. I hope that Cleveland takes him so we can get Claiborne instead.

It's very hard to get great corners, much easier to find backs.

bucfan12 03-18-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule (Post 2909773)
I think it's a good chance the Bucs will take Richardson. Schiano likes to pound the ball. I hope that Cleveland takes him so we can get Claiborne instead.

It's very hard to get great corners, much easier to find backs.

If Tampa gets' this scenario:

1st: Claiborne
2nd: Doug Martin

That would be DYNAMITE! Doug Martin is the most complete back in the draft and compares a lot in my opinion, to Ray Rice coming out.

Claiborne could be a shut down cb, if Barber comes back, we can cut that waste in Talib.

ChiFan24 03-18-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdf1223 (Post 2909744)
Who would you pick at 6 then? Poe? Floyd? None of them have the combination of floor and ceiling that Richardson have. He's much farther ahead of Miller.

His ceiling is Adrian Peterson and his floor is getting banged up at a demanding position and not reaching his ceiling. Either way, I just don't see him making that much more of a long term impact than a guy like Lamar Miller, who could be a LeSean McCoy type. Not nearly the talent Peterson is, but in terms of impact, not that much of a step down.

So yeah, not sure who exactly I recommend taking, but it's not Richardson. Maybe Floyd, Poe, DeCastro.....all more likely to return the long term investment of a top 10 pick I think.