Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dallas Cowboys Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Scheduled Visits (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51790)

pocketaces 03-25-2012 12:31 AM

Scheduled Visits

Thought we could put up a list of prospects that are confirmed to vist Dallas.

National Visits
12 Fletcher Cox DT Mississippi State
13 Dontari Poe DT Memphis
14 David DeCastro OG Stanford
17 Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
21 Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama
22 Cordy Glenn OG Georgia
29 Mark Barron SS Alabama
39 Amini Silatolu OG Midwestern State
49 Peter Konz C Wisconsin
64 Ronnell Lewis OLB Oklahoma
78 Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt
195 Chris Greenwood CB Albion
197 Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma
250 Lionel Smith CB Texas A&M
303 D.J. Campbell FS California
412 Korey Toomer ILB Idaho
420 Ronald Leary OG Memphis
n.a. Chase Baker NT Boise State

Dallas Days
112 Keenan Robinson OLB Texas
164 Jeff Fuller WR Texas A&M
194 Emmanuel Acho ILB Texas
211 Ron Brooks CB LSU
213 Tank Carder ILB
292 G.J. Kinne QB Tulsa
598 Nathan Dick QB Central Arkansas

Might give us a good idea who we are targeting. Post them when you get them

Updated the list for pockets :P

CDCB14 03-25-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pocketaces (Post 2920126)
Thought we could put up a list of prospects that are confirmed to vist Dallas.
So far I've read:

Micheal Brockers DE LSU
Case Baker NT Boise
Casey Heyward CB Vanderbilt
Ronnell Lewis OLB Oklahoma
Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama

Might give us a good idea who we are targeting. Post them when you get them

So far so good, no prospects I hate although i'm not a huge Brockers fan.

Where did you get this info?

pocketaces 03-25-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDCB14 (Post 2921109)
So far so good, no prospects I hate although i'm not a huge Brockers fan.

Where did you get this info?

Most on BTB and also DMN

bigmac076 03-28-2012 06:58 PM

anyone know if we are meeting with Coples, or if we met with him at the combine?

CDCB14 03-28-2012 07:10 PM

Hey D-Unit, should we not value any of these reported visits and think they are all lies? If they visit us is it a smokescreen and means we have no intention of picking them at all? Are the reports completely false and all of those players aren't coming anywhere near Valley Ranch?

smh.

D-Unit 03-28-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDCB14 (Post 2925416)
Hey D-Unit, should we not value any of these reported visits and think they are all lies? If they visit us is it a smokescreen and means we have no intention of picking them at all? Are the reports completely false and all of those players aren't coming anywhere near Valley Ranch?

smh.

I don't think the Cowboys bring in prospects and f with them just to make smoke screens about who they like.

We have a history of drafting players we bring in too.

But since you obviously think everything that's published should be treated equally, I'm definitely not surprised that you think you actually made a clever statement. :facepalm:

CDCB14 03-28-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 2925430)
I don't think the Cowboys bring in prospects and f with them just to make smoke screens about who they like.

We have a history of drafting players we bring in too.

But since you obviously think everything that's published should be treated equally, I'm definitely not surprised that you think you actually made a clever statement. :facepalm:

It's funny how you get destroyed in arguments then try to have some coy comeback to act like you aren't wrong. Classic.

D-Unit 03-28-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDCB14 (Post 2925433)
It's funny how you get destroyed in arguments then try to have some coy comeback to act like you aren't wrong. Classic.

We'll let see here...

Your claim to fame is Carl Nicks, right?

OK, so at what point after we told you to stop dreaming of Carl Nicks in a Cowboys jersey, did you actually change your mind?

CDCB14 03-28-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 2925495)
We'll let see here...

Your claim to fame is Carl Nicks, right?

OK, so at what point after we told you to stop dreaming of Carl Nicks in a Cowboys jersey, did you actually change your mind?

When I found out that him and Callahan actually had a rocky relationship so we weren't really interested... from a reliable source.

UTPATS 03-29-2012 10:06 AM

Any reports on how these visits have gone and what the response was on them? I know that it might be hard to find and I know that you can't believe all you hear because they don't want to give away too much info, just curious.

Also, any word on Garrett's visit to Alabama's second pro day? Thoughts on who he is looking at or if he wants to see these guys up close because a trade down in the range of possible all three main prospects (Hightower, Barron, Upshaw).

Witten4HOF 03-30-2012 08:57 PM

http://mobile.bloggingtheboys.com/20...chael-brockers

Has the original players listed along with local products including Jeff Fuller

D-Unit 03-30-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witten4HOF (Post 2928359)
http://mobile.bloggingtheboys.com/20...chael-brockers

Has the original players listed along with local products including Jeff Fuller

Casey Hayward is a STUD. Nice to see him there. I wonder if he gets a look at Safety.

I like Lewis but see him more as a 4-3 backer. Not someone who would replace Spencer. He definitely hits HARD though. Carder would be cool, but I definitely don't want the name of my future Cowboys QB to have the last name Dick. That's just a bad PR nightmare in the making.

TheFinisher 04-01-2012 08:30 PM

Bruce Irvin met with JG and Rob today. Possible 2nd Round target???

D-Unit 04-01-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFinisher (Post 2930536)
Bruce Irvin met with JG and Rob today. Possible 2nd Round target???

OH HHEEEEEEELLL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This news made my day! :banana:

leroyisgod 04-02-2012 12:44 PM

Kirkpatrick just tweeted he's on his way to Dallas.

CDCB14 04-03-2012 10:46 AM

Poe and DeCastro are expected to visit as well.

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...ft-visits.html

leroyisgod 04-03-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDCB14 (Post 2932248)
Poe and DeCastro are expected to visit as well.

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...ft-visits.html

Like the DeCastro visit, not so much on Poe.

thule 04-03-2012 05:28 PM

updated the list for pockets per btb

CDCB14 04-03-2012 05:44 PM

I'd be happy with all of those players besides Poe and Glenn. I like the projected mid rounders we are bringing in. Hopefully we end up picking a few of them.

TheFinisher 04-03-2012 10:10 PM

You can add Doug Martin to that list.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=1...=5817784&fhn=1

Trogdor 04-04-2012 08:53 AM

I love how looking at the visits you can get an idea of the direction we are headed. Some analysis from BtB.

Quote:

Couple of quick thoughts:

If the CBSSports prospect rankings are anything to go by, it doesn't look like the Cowboys are going to trade up. Noticeable by their absence (so far) are potential top ten picks like CB Morris Claiborne, DE Quinton Coples, OLB Melvin Ingram and even ILB Luke Kuechly. In fact, it looks much more likely that the Cowboys are preparing for the possibility of trading down.

Also, note that the Cowboys have invited OG David DeCastro, OG Cordy Glenn, OG Amini Silatolu and OC Peter Konz. In addition they've had Bill Callahan conduct private workouts with OG/OC Kevin Zeitler together with Peter Konz. The Cowboys have covered every single interior lineman in the top 50 of this year's draft prospects. I would guess that one of those five guys will find himself in a Cowboys jersey before the end of the month.

And for as much as Cowboys fans have discussed ways to improve the pass rush, the list above is remarkable for its lack of pass rushers. Whitney Mercilus indicated earlier in the month that he was talking to the Cowboys about a possible visit, but I hope that by the time the list fills up, we'll be able to add the likes of Shea McClellin, Nick Perry, Bruce Ingram or Vinny Curry to the list.

What's up with the number-two rated running back coming in for a visit?

Going through the twitter timelines of CB Stephon Gilmore (@BumpNrunGilm0re) and CB Jeremy Lane (@STAYINGINMYLANE) seems to indicate they were in Dallas yesterday, but it's not clear whether they were visiting the Cowboys. Either way, the Cowboys already have five corners coming in (four national prospects and Chris Greenwood as a local prospect). That's a lot of corners, but outside of Dre Kirkpatrick (and perhaps Gilmore), the corners the Cowboys have brought in so far are third- to late round prospects.
Angling for a trade down, targeting more interior line, visiting with mid round corners. Really loving the strategy.

CDCB14 04-04-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor (Post 2933806)
I love how looking at the visits you can get an idea of the direction we are headed. Some analysis from BtB.

Angling for a trade down, targeting more interior line, visiting with mid round corners. Really loving the strategy.

Couldn't agree more. Love it. Getting another interior OL with talent and looking at the 3rd round range CB's has me enthused. Hopefully that means Mike Jenkins is sticking around as well.

I said that I thought a trade down is very likely with the talent and our needs not really matching up at 14. I'd put a trade down at about 90% if I was a gambling man.

Late 20's for Konz would be lovely.

DallCowby1 04-04-2012 12:38 PM

Yes, on Oklahoma WR, Ryan Broyles visiting the Ranch

D-Unit 04-04-2012 05:38 PM

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...siting-cowboys

D-Unit 04-04-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFinisher (Post 2933366)
You can add Doug Martin to that list.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=1...=5817784&fhn=1

Aw hell yes! Fits in with my mockzzzzz. Thought Garrett would love that guy. :)