Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Charley Casserly On Who Will be Pro Bowlers (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51994)

Iamcanadian 04-06-2012 11:36 AM

Charley Casserly On Who Will be Pro Bowlers

Well Charley Casserly put out his top 13 based on how many Pro Bowls they would make not on how high they would be drafted but it does give a perspective on where they may be drafted. He said as a GM, he did this for every team he actually worked for and so do other GM's.

Tier one
Luck
Richardson
Claiborne
RG111
Kalil
Blackmon

Tier 2
Barron
Kuechly
Poe
DeCastro
Floyd
Cox
Brockers

IMO, this will definitely be a signal about where they will be drafted and you team's chances of getting one..

ATLDirtyBirds 04-06-2012 11:37 AM

Doing this as a team is one thing. Doing it as an analyst is ********. So much of their success will be determined by the environment (coaching and otherwise) they enter.

Iamcanadian 04-06-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds (Post 2937225)
Doing this as a team is one thing. Doing it as an analyst is ********. So much of their success will be determined by the environment (coaching and otherwise) they enter.

Very true but it is an indication of their total package as currently viewed and what their upside is if they reach their potential.

Lil Quip 04-06-2012 12:36 PM

Just a few thoughts:

Definitely do not see Claiborne as a guy who will get to a lot of PB's. Granted he can, I just don't see it. That being said being an above average corner for a long time is extremely valuable. I don't see him as a shut down guy nor a guy who gets a ton of picks. Plus he isn't a returner ace. Mathieu on the other hand, I can see getting a bunch of PB's through getting picks or in the return game.

I like Kuechly. I can see him racking up a ton of tackles at ILB which is a good way to get PB looks.

Cox can get to the QB as a DT, which will get him noticed.

If Poe realizes his potential, I can see him being a do everything well guy in the mold of Ngata.

As for the most PB's? I think one of the OLB/DE guys is going to go to the right situation and do very very well. The problem, which i am sure everyone else is having, is I have absolutely no idea who that guy will be. I just hope BB does so the Pats draft him :)

Now that I think about it, my tier one guys are Keuchly Richardson and the unknown pass rusher I mentioned.

vidae 04-06-2012 12:39 PM

If I had to pick a guy from that list that I think would see the most Pro Bowls, it'd be DeCastro. Could easily be the tops at his position in a year or two, especially if he goes somewhere with a somewhat established offensive line.

SenorGato 04-06-2012 12:49 PM

Love the Barron love, but people really should **** and let him fall to the Jets. Then we can see how average he is, amirite guys?

Casserly's got a good eye. I like both lists and I'm pretty sure if I thought about it I wouldn't even add or subtract anyone.

RWills 04-06-2012 02:54 PM

notice the lack of pass rushers...no Upshaw/Ingram/Coples/Whitley

keylime_5 04-06-2012 04:11 PM

DeCastro and Kuechly will be better NFL players than Blackmon (who is in tier one). I agree Blackmon is a guy you take in the top 6 b/c of positional value and who else is in this draft, but he's gonna be a low end #1 or a high end #2 WR in the NFL probably while Kuechly and DeCastro will be perennial pro bowlers/potential All-Pro type players, albeit at positions that don't get drafted high (non-rush LB and OG).

cmarq83 04-06-2012 05:00 PM

I think he needs to bump Claiborne and RGIII down to tier 2 and move Kuechly and DeCastro up to tier 1. RGIII will be stuck in a conference with Eli, Stafford, and Rodgers for the majority of his career and there are plenty of other guys who can compete year to year as well. Corners can vary depending on how many Int's they get, and I'm not sure Claiborne will ever be a true ballhawk. Whereas with guys like DeCastro and Kuechly all they need to do is get name recognition, and as long as they keep their play up they can pencil themselves in for multiple pro bowls fairly easily.

niel89 04-06-2012 05:06 PM

DeCastro will get a bunch of probowls because OL probowlers are all name recognition. DeCastro is already getting pretty well known and its not like people know a ton of good guards.

PossibleCabbage 04-06-2012 07:07 PM

I just can't see Barron as a pro bowler, he's the best safety in a bad class by a long shot. But the NFL already has guys who are better safeties than he is, both young and old.

SenorGato 04-07-2012 09:25 AM

Double post.

SenorGato 04-07-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage (Post 2937601)
I just can't see Barron as a pro bowler, he's the best safety in a bad class by a long shot. But the NFL already has guys who are better safeties than he is, both young and old.

Plenty of young Gs but you can't pay some people to stop drooling over DeCastro. Same situation...two extremely pro ready guys with the tools and brains to be studs in the league.

Nicks, Evans, Grubbs, Snee, Mankins, Iupati, Yanda, the young Bills' guys Levitre and Ubrik...Grubbs, Joseph, Zuttah, and so on...

Asteinebach 04-07-2012 09:47 AM

Yeah, I love how he seems to think everyone in the first round will be pro bowlers. Idiot.

FUNBUNCHER 04-07-2012 10:39 AM

So many guys in this draft have PB potential on tools alone. It's almost impossible to predict this type of thing after the surefire first rounders.

There are maybe 15 WRs I would not be surprised to see make it to Hawaii at some point in their careers. Nearly as many RBs too.

Many Olineman become better pros than they were collegians, I just think it's kind of ridiculous for a former GM to try to predict which guys are gonna make the PB.

Let's try which guys are gonna become starters first.

Menardo75 04-07-2012 12:49 PM

It's hard to take Chasserly seriously when he had one good draft in his career.

Leon Sandcastle 04-07-2012 01:17 PM

When it's all said in done I wouldn't be surprised if DeCastro makes the Pro Bowl more times than anyone in the Draft not named Luck/Griffin III.

YotoJets007 04-07-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menardo75 (Post 2938219)

Show us Mike Mayock's resume...

YotoJets007 04-07-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asteinebach (Post 2937996)
Yeah, I love how he seems to think everyone in the first round will be pro bowlers. Idiot.

It is 1st round talent topic. Not an entire draft prospects.

SenorGato 04-07-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menardo75 (Post 2938219)

Will always get +100 points for Williams over Bush and shrugging off the gasps and "HOW DARE HE!!?" reactions.

Menardo75 04-07-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YotoJets007 (Post 2938310)
Show us Mike Mayock's resume...

Lol I never said I liked or took Mayock seriously either. The only things you should listen to him on are DB rankings. His offensive and defensive line evaluations are a joke.

Menardo75 04-07-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SenorGato (Post 2938568)
Will always get +100 points for Williams over Bush and shrugging off the gasps and "HOW DARE HE!!?" reactions.

Which comes from his only good draft in his career lol.

slats7 04-07-2012 09:00 PM

Charley knows QBs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sM0F12h6Kg

Iamcanadian 04-08-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menardo75 (Post 2938661)
Which comes from his only good draft in his career lol.

Charley Casserly drafted 10 HOFers during his 16 year career as a GM which is an excellent % IMO. I won't give him a high % on QB's but is there any GM who can hit on them consistently. Other than that position, he is very knowledgeable.

Iamcanadian 04-08-2012 11:37 AM

Casserly has added his tier 3 to the equation and remember, he doesn't say they will be drafted in this order because he has removed any consideration for character issues, it is based strictly on how many Pro Bowls he thinks they may make.

14 Reilly Reiff LT
15. Janoris Jenkins CB
16. Dre Kirkpatrick CB
17. Quinton Coples DE
18. Stephone Gilmore CB