Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Damning words from Demaryius Thomas about Tebow (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52142)

MI_Buckeye 04-13-2012 03:15 AM

Damning words from Demaryius Thomas about Tebow
 
I completely agree, but I'm surprised Thomas would say it publicly as strongly as he did.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/78...miss-tim-tebow

Caddy 04-13-2012 03:34 AM

Must be hard to hide the elation of changing QB's from Tebow to Manning.

SuperPacker 04-13-2012 05:42 AM

They make it sound like saying "Peyton > Tebow" is a terrible thing.

Razor 04-13-2012 05:47 AM

This is no surprise... I just hope he can take all of this with him to the Jets. That would make me a happy camper.

Caddy 04-13-2012 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPacker (Post 2946017)
They make it sound like saying "Peyton > Tebow" is a terrible thing.

I'm surprised there wasn't a love boat sized party.

Brent 04-13-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caddy (Post 2946020)
I'm surprised there wasn't a love boat sized party.

Please, this is going to be one of those posts on ESPN where there will be 900 comments and most of them will be in defense of Tim Tebow.

TheBoyWonder22 04-13-2012 06:36 AM

Most of the comments complain about his English and call Thomas fat and slow as well as saying he can't catch... It would be so different if he typed it up himself but that's how a reporter conveyed his words. Plus Thomas has a studly YAC. I have no clue why people are so defensive of Tebow.

Caddy 04-13-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 (Post 2946037)
Most of the comments complain about his English and call Thomas fat and slow as well as saying he can't catch... It would be so different if he typed it up himself but that's how a reporter conveyed his words. Plus Thomas has a studly YAC. I have no clue why people are so defensive of Tebow.

You are a heathen.

Giantsfan1080 04-13-2012 07:49 AM

Can we have we have a new NFLDC rule stating no more new threads about Tebow?

Shane P. Hallam 04-13-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 2946065)
Can we have we have a new NFLDC rule stating no more new threads about Tebow?

I can make a thread to discuss that if you want.

Trogdor 04-13-2012 07:51 AM

Burn the heretic!

-_- In all seriousness though. At this stage I don't think anyone aside from members of the "Church of Tebow-christ" believes he's an NFL quarterback. Thomas should be excited. He's going from a QB that would complete 50% of his passes during warmups to Peyton Manning.

cmarq83 04-13-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

"Everything on ESPN was all about Tim," Thomas said. "That bothered some players, too, because they would say, 'Tim Tebow Time.' I felt like it was a team thing. If it wasn't for the defense most of the time, there wouldn't be no supposed 'Tim Tebow Time.' "
If he's upset about this it's not like it'll get any better with Manning. Granted it's more warranted, but having Manning on your team is like having a credit vacuum.

49erNation85 04-13-2012 08:54 AM

Y'all are just haters of the poor kid. He will get his chance in New York prove ya all wrong once again.

killxswitch 04-13-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmarq83 (Post 2946075)
If he's upset about this it's not like it'll get any better with Manning. Granted it's more warranted, but having Manning on your team is like having a credit vacuum.

Not in the same way. Not at all. Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, even Pierre Garcon all got time in the spotlight. Manning is a private and businesslike player and person. Not only will the credit he receives be warranted, but the people giving him credit won't be complete idiots. Manning doesn't have the same blind devoted fanbase of nutcases that Tebow does.

Menardo75 04-13-2012 10:04 AM

I don't get what people expect him to say. Who wouldn't want to play with Peyton instead of Tebow? I can't even imagine how frustrated he and the rest of the WR corps got last year.

brat316 04-13-2012 10:17 AM

espn comments

Quote:

Hey, Denver was 1-4 before HE came back, and then they started winning. So of COURSE it was all having HIM in the starting lineup. Yes, there's no doubt, he wasn't there and they lost, got back in the starting lineup and they won. yes, ELVIS DUMERVILLE was the difference!

cmarq83 04-13-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 2946141)
Not in the same way. Not at all. Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, even Pierre Garcon all got time in the spotlight. Manning is a private and businesslike player and person. Not only will the credit he receives be warranted, but the people giving him credit won't be complete idiots. Manning doesn't have the same blind devoted fanbase of nutcases that Tebow does.

However, when it comes down to credit on the field there is no way you could possibly deny that Manning gets virtually all the credit for the Colts playoff years. If you listened to the announcers, every pass he threw was only successful because he called the play, audibled for the matchup, had a laser quick release to avoid the sack, and threw a perfect pass to an averagely talented receiver corps who were always covered. He dominated the sports media markets for the Colts, he got every segment and commercial. When the Colts won a game the headline and picture always included Manning some way in it.

He may not bask in it, and he definitely deserves it because he's 1 of the 5 best QB's ever, but he was the dominant personality on the Colts. When people talk about the 2000's Colts the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd thing they talk about is Manning.

killxswitch 04-13-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmarq83 (Post 2946236)
However, when it comes down to credit on the field there is no way you could possibly deny that Manning gets virtually all the credit for the Colts playoff years. If you listened to the announcers, every pass he threw was only successful because he called the play, audibled for the matchup, had a laser quick release to avoid the sack, and threw a perfect pass to an averagely talented receiver corps who were always covered. He dominated the sports media markets for the Colts, he got every segment and commercial. When the Colts won a game the headline and picture always included Manning some way in it.

He may not bask in it, and he definitely deserves it because he's 1 of the 5 best QB's ever, but he was the dominant personality on the Colts. When people talk about the 2000's Colts the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd thing they talk about is Manning.

This is all probably true. But as a WR I would find that infinitely preferable to Tebow Time.

phlysac 04-13-2012 10:25 AM

So Demaryius Thomas would rather allow Perrish Cox have sex and impregnate his girlfriend than have ESPN talk about "Tebow Time!"

:P

cmarq83 04-13-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 2946247)
This is all probably true. But as a WR I would find that infinitely preferable to Tebow Time.

Oh no doubt.

WCH 04-13-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49erNation85 (Post 2946131)
Hey, Denver was 1-4 before HE came back, and then they started winning. So of COURSE it was all having HIM in the starting lineup. Yes, there's no doubt, he wasn't there and they lost, got back in the starting lineup and they won. yes, ELVIS DUMERVILLE was the difference!

This seems at least as plausible as the Tebow Time storyline.

descendency 04-13-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 2946247)
This is all probably true. But as a WR I would find that infinitely preferable to Tebow Time.

Tebow Time > Peyton Manning's playoffs performances...

*prepares to be flamed*

Trogdor 04-13-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlysac (Post 2946249)
So Demaryius Thomas would rather allow Perrish Cox have sex and impregnate his girlfriend than have ESPN talk about "Tebow Time!"

:P

At least Thomas has a chance to catch some of that action.

vidae 04-13-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49erNation85 (Post 2946131)
Y'all are just haters of the poor kid. He will get his chance in New York prove ya all wrong once again.

Really? :njx:

Rosebud 04-13-2012 01:04 PM

This guy can't wait to see Tebow smite you heathens. Haven't you fools yet realized that logic is no longer applicable?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.