Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Your Least-Favorite School When Evaluating Prospects? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52477)

killxswitch 04-23-2012 02:42 PM

Your Least-Favorite School When Evaluating Prospects?
 
I know Clemson is a big one for people. The reputation is that their players are soft. Probably some truth to that one. USC is another school whose prospects a lot of draftniks don't seem to like.

My personal least-favorite school when looking at prospects is Ohio State. It started when the Colts took 3 OSU players in one draft and they all failed miserably. I decide to dig a little and really their prospect record is pretty bad. You've got Vernon Gholston, one of the worst busts in modern football history. Ted Ginn Jr. was a pretty bad pick at #9 overall. Brian Robiskie, Beanie Wells, AJ Hawk, Donte Whitner, I'm sure there are others. They've had good guys like Nick Mangold and James Laurinaitis but overall I look at coming from OSU as a bad thing.

AntoinCD 04-23-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 2962510)
I know Clemson is a big one for people. The reputation is that their players are soft. Probably some truth to that one. USC is another school whose prospects a lot of draftniks don't seem to like.

My personal least-favorite school when looking at prospects is Ohio State. It started when the Colts took 3 OSU players in one draft and they all failed miserably. I decide to dig a little and really their prospect record is pretty bad. You've got Vernon Gholston, one of the worst busts in modern football history. Ted Ginn Jr. was a pretty bad pick at #9 overall. Brian Robiskie, Beanie Wells, AJ Hawk, Donte Whitner, I'm sure there are others. They've had good guys like Nick Mangold and James Laurinaitis but overall I look at coming from OSU as a bad thing.

Notre Dame for me. I thought Brady Quinn was going to be a very good QB, as with Clausen (thought the character issues were overblown), I thought Golden Tate could've sneaked into the first round and been a dynamic playmaker, John Carlson would be a top 5 TE and Jeff Samardzjia would actually decide to be an NFL player lol. So...with my history of picking ND prospects I sure do hope Michael Floyd goes to the Jets :banana:

SenorGato 04-23-2012 03:25 PM

Yeah have to go ND...Clemson and OSU are overstated just a tad at this point...I don't know what position I would go to ND for.

Look at the guys you listed for OSU int he original post...most of those guys are still in the league and even starting.

K Train 04-23-2012 03:31 PM

memphis lol

vidae 04-23-2012 03:33 PM

Mizzou, because **** Mizzou.

K Train 04-23-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 2962631)
Mizzou, because **** Mizzou.

i like this too, **** evander hood

Ghost of Juice 04-23-2012 04:08 PM

I was gonna say Clemson, ND and USC too. I guess I could throw VA tech in there.

Brothgar 04-23-2012 04:10 PM

USC QBs are automatically over rated by 10 picks at least. Same goes for Notre Dame

mightytitan9 04-23-2012 04:25 PM

USC isn't bad anymore, but it used to be horrible because when a player is surrounded by that much talent it can make them look better.

My least favorite now is any sucky school that I have to watch film of to get the guy im scouting

The Dude Abides 04-23-2012 04:29 PM

Vidae stole my line. It's supposed to be...

Mount Union.
Why?
Because **** Mount Union that's why!

keylime_5 04-23-2012 04:33 PM

Oklahoma is like that for me. Adrian Peterson was the one guy from there I had a total hard on for, but other than that I get skeptical about their top prospects.

King Carls 5 Year Plan 04-23-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 2962631)
Mizzou, because **** Mizzou.

Its gotta be KU... oh wait... you wanted NFL prospects... they dont have any

honestly, when it comes to LSU, i'm a big skeptic. i know they have had some players, but the list of busts is much larger, IMO

TonyGfortheTD 04-23-2012 04:37 PM

Hate evaluating talent from Ohio State.

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan (Post 2962716)
Its gotta be KU... oh wait... you wanted NFL prospects... they dont have any

lol

FUNBUNCHER 04-23-2012 04:50 PM

Va Tech Hokies always look better before the draft than after they get to the NFL.

vidae 04-23-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan (Post 2962716)
Its gotta be KU... oh wait... you wanted NFL prospects... they dont have any

honestly, when it comes to LSU, i'm a big skeptic. i know they have had some players, but the list of busts is much larger, IMO

Maybe you forgot about a top flight first ballot Hall of Famer named Todd Reesing?!

cajuncorey 04-23-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broth223 (Post 2962683)
USC QBs are automatically over rounds by 10 picks at least. Same goes for Notre Dame

had to fix that for ya

FUNBUNCHER 04-23-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 2962742)
Maybe you forgot about a top flight first ballot Hall of Famer named Todd Reesing?!


Or KU Jayhawks Gale Sayers and John RIggins.

StickSkills 04-23-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER (Post 2962736)
Va Tech Hokies always look better before the draft than after they get to the NFL.

Flowers and Royal were pretty much on point in my mind.

SenorGato 04-23-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickSkills (Post 2962810)
Flowers and Royal were pretty much on point in my mind.

Kam Chancellor as well...but I guess he was just underhyped.

Oklahoma is a good one...

Don Vito 04-23-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SenorGato (Post 2962825)
Kam Chancellor as well...but I guess he was just underhyped.

Oklahoma is a good one...

Duane Brown is one of the better LT's in the league today too

vidae 04-23-2012 06:43 PM

We forgot Ole Miss.

*runs away from Vito*

descendency 04-23-2012 06:46 PM

Clemson, Notre Dame, Texas, and UNC could be my top 4.

WCH 04-23-2012 06:52 PM

Michigan breaks my heart, because they used to have NFL talent. Way to destroy a program, Rich Rod!

Iamcanadian 04-23-2012 06:55 PM

I love every school, how can anybody be a draftnik and hate certain schools, that is just ridiculous.

Master Exploder 04-23-2012 07:02 PM

I think the big 3 are Clemson, Ohio State, and Notre Dame.

Most of the others have been thrown around already. I hate to include USC though, because they have had many more successful players than the other 3.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.