Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Who dont you want? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52517)

Clarkpba 04-24-2012 09:50 PM

Who dont you want?

I figured we could all discuss the players that would be available around the time the Bengals pick who you would just hate for them to take. I remember a few years back a lot of people (including Bengal fans) wanted Golden Tate. He was really about the only player i didn't want them to draft and thankfully they didn't.

Now moving on to this year the player i see that reminds me of him is Wright from Baylor. I think he will be far better the Tate has been but he seems to be lazy and not the greatest route runner. A quality skill position player should have no more then 10% body fat at worst. Yet Wright came in at 30% body fat at the combine. Then he ran a terrible 40 and didn't show explosiveness. Even at his pro day he didn't blow scouts away. RG3 made him look better then he actually is. I think the Baylor offense helped him as well.

A few of the players I'd prefer Cinci stays away from are Couples, Wright, Mercilus and Kendricks. Just something about these few guys that worries me. Either work ethic questions or just not seeing enough from them on the field.

Pat Sims 90 04-25-2012 02:39 AM

Players Don't Want: Nick Perry, Dontari Poe, Kendall Wright, Whitney Mercilus, and Janoris Jenkins.

Players Do Want: Melvin Ingram, Michael Floyd, Quinton Coples, Luke Kuechly, David DeCastro, Courtney Upshaw, Stephen Hill, and Doug Martin

Players would not mind: Michael Brockers, Mark Barron, Stephon Gilmore, Dre Kirkpatrick, Cordy Glenn, Kevin Zeitler, Rueben Randle, Peter Konz, and Chandler Jones

themaninblack 04-25-2012 04:23 AM

I hope we stay away from Wright, Coples(though it might be worth the risk given his athletic abilities), Mercilus, Brockers, and Reuben Randle. I'm also not a huge fan of Gilmore as I think the JJ comparison is a bit too convenient for my tastes but I wouldn't be opposed to us drafting him. Really would prefer if we didn't select a DL in the first round unless he's obviously the BPA, as I think we're pretty set there and we've shown pretty good ability at getting those guys later in the draft anyway.

SC Igniter 04-25-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 (Post 2964783)
Players Don't Want: Nick Perry, Dontari Poe, Kendall Wright, Whitney Mercilus, and Janoris Jenkins.

Players Do Want: Melvin Ingram, Michael Floyd, Quinton Coples, Luke Kuechly, David DeCastro, Courtney Upshaw, Stephen Hill, and Doug Martin

Players would not mind: Michael Brockers, Mark Barron, Stephon Gilmore, Dre Kirkpatrick, Cordy Glenn, Kevin Zeitler, Rueben Randle, Peter Konz, and Chandler Jones

Generally agree with your list. More strongly against Jenkins and Coples.