Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Official Prediction / Friendly Wager Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52552)

mightytitan9 04-25-2012 05:59 PM

Official Prediction / Friendly Wager Thread

This thread's purpose is to put your official predictions all in one place, whether it be:

a team takes a certain player
a team doesn't take a certain player
a certain player bust
a certain player booms

There is another thread for whether a player goes higher or lower than projected, but you can also post those here if you want.

This thread is meant to be one that can be accessed weeks, months, years from now and brought up to brag, or to rub someones face in what they said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------My official predictions.

1) Andrew Luck will never live up to the hype, although he will not be a bust he will never live be great.
2) Chandler Jones will be a bust.
3) Vinny Curry will be the best DE from this class
4) Luke Keuchly will not live up to the hype, he may or may not be a true "bust" but he won't be a great LBer
5) Which QB from this class will win a superbowl? The answer is zero
6) Brock Osweiler will go higher than people think, more than likely to a WCO
7) Jared Crick will turn into one of the best DT's in the NFL, if he stays healthy
8) Coryell Judie will be a steal at CB, as will Chris Greenwood
9) Mychal Kendricks will be a Seahawk
10) Akiem Hicks will be taken by the end of the 4th round, and he'll be a steal
11) 5 years from now, which CB will have the most career interceptions? Jayron Hosley
12) BJ Cunningham will be drafted late, if at all, but I think he'll have a good NFL career.
13) Cyrus Gray will end up being one of the best RBs from this class
14) Bryce Brown may be the next great UDFA RB in the NFL
15) Peter Konz will not be taken by the Titans, at pick #20
16) Janoris Jenkins will not be taken by the Titans, at pick #20

And there you have it, let's hear yours

mightytitan9 04-25-2012 09:51 PM

Didn't realize there were so many chickens here

hagy34 04-25-2012 10:39 PM

Matt Kalil will be picked #3 by Minnesota and the massive smokescreen that has been built by the media results in a failed trade effort.

Brent 04-25-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightytitan9 (Post 2965854)
8) Coryell Judie will be a steal at CB, as will Chris Greenwood
12) BJ Cunningham will be drafted late, if at all, but I think he'll have a good NFL career.
13) Cyrus Gray will end up being one of the best RBs from this class

I like all of these.

Smash28Dash34 04-25-2012 11:00 PM

Justin Blackmon will not be the best WR in this class.

SunTzu_22 04-25-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightytitan9 (Post 2965854)

3) Vinny Curry will be the best DE from this class

7) Jared Crick will turn into one of the best DT's in the NFL, if he stays healthy

I like all of these a lot.

At the top of my head I would say that:

If healthy, Omar Bolden will develop into a starting caliber CB.

In 3 years Kirk Cousins and Audie Cole will be starters for their respective teams.

If drafted to play OLB in a 3-4 defense, Whitney Mercilus will not be succesfull.

After 6 years Andrew Luck will have a better overall QB rating and more wins in the playoffs than RGIII.

BallerT1215 04-25-2012 11:15 PM

Despite limited weapons in Indy, Luck will throw for 3,000 and 20 TD's.

Mark Barron will be a Pro Bowler, not just an "in the box safety"

Riley Reiff will strictly be an above average RT.

Brock Ausweiler will be a starting QB in 2 years.

Bixby (Thumper) 04-26-2012 02:13 AM

• Courtney Uptshaw will be the best pass rusher form this draft. Two good years of film and people jump off the wagon because of bad workouts. Is that a freakin' joke? Meet Tamba Hali part 2.
  • Ryan Tannehill will be better than Robert Griffin III.
  • Riley Reiff is going to be the best offensive tackle from this draft. Nate Potter will provide the best value.
  • Dwayne Allen will be the best TE from this draft class.
  • Josh Chapman is by far the best 34 nose tackle to come out of this draft class.

jCut 04-26-2012 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 2966585)
Brock Ausweiler will be a starting QB in 2 years.

I don't know who that is..

All joking aside, I think Brandon Weeden will end up being the second best QB from this class.

WMD 04-26-2012 02:42 AM

I predict....

TACKLE 04-26-2012 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WMD (Post 2966812)
I predict....

I would say there's about a 6% chance of that actually happening.

jimmylishis 04-26-2012 04:39 AM

Floyd will go ahead of Blackmon
Poe and Wright will fall out of the first
Nick Perry won't go near where the people on this board are projecting
Burfict goes in the 3rd

Longer Term:
Tramain Thomas will be the best safety in the draft, even if he isn't drafted
Morris Claiborne will bust
Juron Criner will be the 2nd best WR in the draft after Floyd
Trent Richardson will have an AD-like rookie season
Stephen Gilmore will be an all-pro

akvikefan89 04-26-2012 04:51 AM

- Years from now, people will laugh when remembering that Dontari Poe was once talked about in the top half of round 1.

- We will see the most 1st round trades in draft history.

- Harrison Smith will be a Patriot by the end of round 1.

- The Broncos will not draft a DT in round 1.

- The Eagles will trade up for Fletcher Cox.

Master Exploder 04-26-2012 05:08 AM

1. Andrew Luck will be exactly as advertised. Maybe never "the" guy like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, or Aaron Rodgers, but he'll be a top QB in this league. Probably somewhere between Matt Schaub and Eli Manning currently.

2. Robert Griffin III won't be horrible, but he won't be incredible either. Maybe 1 or 2 Pro-Bowl seasons, but mostly very average to below average performances.

3. Trent Richardson will be one of the top RB's in the league for years to come.

4. Matt Kalil will be a good offensive tackle in this league, but it may not be on the blindside.

5. The best CB, WR, and pass rusher from this draft class won't come from the first round.

6. Luke Kuechly will be the next best MLB in this league and it will happen very early in his career.

7. Ryan Tannehill will be a solid QB, but it may take a few years.

8. Michael Brockers will be a bust.

9. Whitney Mercilus will be a very good defensive end.

10. Janoris Jenkins will be a mid-round pick.

11. The best QB drafted after the 1st round will be Russell Wilson.

12. Chris Givens will prove that he should've been a 1st round pick.

13. Vontaze Burfict will go undrafted.

fenikz 04-26-2012 05:21 AM

The Cardinals will trade down in the 1st and up into the 2nd

AntoinCD 04-26-2012 05:32 AM

Kendall Wright will be the most productive WR from this class but the 4th WR drafted.

Janoris Jenkins will be on the board after pick 50

Whitney Mercilus is the best 43 DE in the draft

descendency 04-26-2012 05:36 AM

Kirk Cousins' is the 4th QB off the board, second day.

The Patriots trade out of the first round.

tmljeh19 04-26-2012 08:35 AM

RG3 will make Indy look like a fool for passing him up. He will be a much better QB statistically and have a better W/L record when their careers are done.

cmarq83 04-26-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Exploder (Post 2966851)
5. The best CB, WR, and pass rusher from this draft class won't come from the first round.

This is a good prediction. There is a ton of WR depth in this class, J. Jenkins is unlikely to go in the first, and there are big upside guys like Bruce Irvin who could become dominant rushers outside the first.

Wootylicous 04-26-2012 08:52 AM

Ron Brooks will be a steal to whoever draft him.

Osweiler will fall and will be a crappy QB.

Greg Childs is gonna wind up as a steal too.

jrdrylie 04-26-2012 08:56 AM

1. Brock Osweiler will be the fifth quarterback taken but have the second best career. Better than RGIII who I think will develop into a nice playmaker, but never take Washington to a Super Bowl.

2. TY Hilton is drafted by the Jaguars at 38.

3. The Patriots draft Harrison Smith in round one.

4. Every team in the NFC East will be involved in a first round trade. Washington already did. Eagles trade into the top-ten (probably with Jacksonville) for a defensive tackle. Dallas either trades up for Mark Barron or trades back after he is taken before 14. The Giants trade back a bit with a team trading up to get Osweiler.

5. Josh Robinson will be the draft's second best corner, behind Stephon Gilmore.

6. Best none first rounders: Brock Osweiler, TY Hilton, Ryan Broyles, Evan Rodriguez, Cam Johnson, Zach Brown (although he could go first round), and Shawn Powell (yes a Punter).

Wootylicous 04-26-2012 08:58 AM

Osweiler is gonna be a crappy QB. No way he's gonna have a better career than Griffin.

WCH 04-26-2012 09:21 AM

Kirk Cousins will have a long career as a journeyman starter/backup (the type of guy who's good enough to start for a team, but not so good that you don't want an upgrade), and that'll be good enough to make him the third most successful QB from this draft.

Lamar Miller will be one of the top two NFL RBs from this draft.

The Packers will try to trade up in the first round for a defensive player; with Detroit, Pittsburgh, Denver, Houston, and New England picking directly ahead of them.

mightytitan9 05-09-2012 02:25 PM

Howd you do?