Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Metta World Peace (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52587)

Asteinebach 04-26-2012 06:41 AM

Metta World Peace

I personally cannot stand this piece of monkey dung. I wish they'd just kick him out of the league and back into the ghetto where he belongs. He's trash, human form of filth. I don't buy into the whole "he's been on good behavior" since he went to LA. The guy got kicked out of a playoff game last year, and now this James Harden incident. Add into that, he's accumulated over 10-million dollars in fines throughout the course of his career.

Someone please contest me on this. I know, I'm the morality police and whatnot. But this guy is filth in my eyes, and shouldn't be given the privilege of playing in professional athletics.

fenikz 04-26-2012 06:47 AM

I prefer the Lakers are stuck with his contract and that he continually take shots

Razor 04-26-2012 06:47 AM

Who or what is Metta World Peace and in which universe is this relevant on draft day?

Asteinebach 04-26-2012 06:50 AM

Formerly known as Ron Artest. I just hate him...that's the relevancy.

Raiderz4Life 04-26-2012 08:23 AM

Could have gone in the nba thread imo

ImBrotherCain 04-26-2012 08:28 AM

We may or may not have the next JMike on our hands... But of the Off topic section.

wogitalia 04-26-2012 09:35 AM

He is great entertainment value. I've always been a fan, he hasn't done anything that countless others have done and I didn't think that elbow was even that bad, there was no reason for Harden to run in and provoke like he did and really I like it when a player gets slapped down for trying to be an annoying pest.

I say all this knowing full well that he would easily piss off the more sensitive folk.

YAYareaRB 04-26-2012 12:43 PM

i thought he was turning it around having recently won the kennedy citizenship award but guess not.. he actually has been on good behavior since coming to LA. it was a terrible elbow and he got his suspension. end of story

i just realized if you were to make a thread about every athlete you didn't like based on morals, it would be too much. you should just make a moral police thread.

Asteinebach 04-26-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YAYareaRB (Post 2967445)
you should just make a moral police thread.

That's not a bad idea!

Complex 04-26-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain (Post 2967026)
We may or may not have the next JMike on our hands... But of the Off topic section.

J-Mike get banned or stop coming to the site? I haven't seen him then again I glance at most topics on this site right now.

soybean 04-27-2012 01:17 AM

Here's my little rant...

A lot gets made of the "Malice at the Palace" when (at the time) Ron Artest went into the stands and punched some dude or tried to. Let me just say...

If anyone threw a beer at me, you better believe the first and last solution that would go through my mind would definitely involve a fist to the face.

fenikz 04-27-2012 01:20 AM

Well he punched a random guy not the one who hit him with the beer, he is just ******** in that way

YAYareaRB 04-27-2012 01:32 AM

i dont even know who threw the beer but my first guess is not gonna be the guy who barely looks old enough to buy cigarettes.

at the end of the day, i just blame ben wallace

Matthew Jones 04-27-2012 02:07 AM

So much for the "Peace" part...

Asteinebach 04-27-2012 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YAYareaRB (Post 2970925)
at the end of the day, i just blame ben wallace

I was watching the game that day. Because the Pistons didn't suck. I agreed right off the bat with you. Ben reacted like a chump. It wasn't that hard of a foul. That doesn't excuse Ron Artest's deuchery though.