The "what I think will happen" mock draft
1A. Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
1B. Cordy Glenn OG Georgia
2. A.J. Jenkins WR Illinois
3. Isaiah Pead RB Cincinnati
4. Travis Lewis LB Oklahoma
5A. Tommy Streeter WR Miami (FL)
5B. Kheeston Randall DT Texas
5C. Matt Reynolds OT BYU
6. Kevin Koger TE Michigan
You have 6 picks on offense and 3 on defense. I have a feeling this is going to be a defense heavy draft since the last couple have been offensive heavy.
For fun to keep at a 50/50 Off/Def split with our 1st 8 picks:
I think BA combo of OG, CB, WR in our 1st 3 picks
Then we can focus on the BA combo selection of S, RB, LB, DT thereafter
Eventually a QB to round out the avg
1. Indianapolis Colts – Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. Washington Redskins (f/STL) – Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
3. Minnesota Vikings – Matt Kalil, OT, USC
4. Cleveland Browns – Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
6. St. Louis Rams (f/WAS) – Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
7. Jacksonville Jaguars – Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
8. Miami Dolphins – Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
9. Carolina Panthers – Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
10. Buffalo Bills – Michael Floyd, WR Notre Dame
11. Kansas City Chiefs – Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College
12. Seattle Seahawks – Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina
13. Arizona Cardinals – Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
14. Dallas Cowboys – Mark Barron, S, Alabama
15. Philadelphia Eagles – Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
16. New York Jets – Courtney Upshaw, DE, Alabama
17. Cincinatti Bengals (f/OAK) – David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
18. San Diego Chargers – Chandler Jones, DE/OLB, Syracuse
19. Chicago Bears – Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
20. Tennessee Titans – Dontarie Poe, DT, Memphis
21. Cincinatti Bengals – Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
22. Cleveland Browns (f/ATL) – Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
23. Detroit Lions – Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
24. Pittsburgh Steelers – Cordy Glenn, OG/OT, Georgia
25. Denver Broncos – Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan St.
26. Houston Texans – Whitney Mercilus, DE/OLB, Illinois
27. New England Patriots – Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame
28. Green Bay Packers – Shea McClellin, DE/OLB, Boise State
29. Baltimore Ravens – Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
30. San Francisco 49er’s – Amini Silatolu, G, San Francisco
31. New England Patriots – Nick Perry, DE, USC
32. New York Giants – Doug Martin, RB, Boise St.
17. David DeCastro, G, Stanford
21. Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
53. David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech
83. Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa / Marvin Jones, WR, Cal
116.Trevor Guyton, DE/DT, California
156.Janzen Jackson, S, McNeese State
166.Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina
167.Audie Cole, ILB, N.C. State
191.Robert Blanton, CB, Notre Dame
Although doubtful, would anyone be interested in Harrison Smith in Rd. 2 if he falls that far?
I hope we take a WR no earlier than the 3rd. The prospect I love the most for our team is Ryan Broyles. He would compliment AJ so well. He doesn't have elite speed but his route running is superb. The ACL injury doesn't bother me one bit, everyone comes back just as good now a days. He just knows how to find the open spot in zone coverage or create good separation in man. Scott has him going in the 3rd. I hope we could get him in the 4th. The only first round prospect I don't want is Courtney Upshaw. His game works in college but when you don't have a great repertoire or great explosiveness your doomed to fail in the NFL.
gotta say i hate Scotts mock for us. . .based on what he thinks will happen i'd much rather have it go something like:
1b.C. Glenn - because **** it, our OL pisses me off. honestly i'm not too mad about Upshaw getting picked because he seemed to do pretty damn well in the SEC, but all the hate he's gotten on this board makes me nervous about him.
2. Janoris Jenkins (i know a lot of ppl hate the guy, but i think he's gonna be a baller)
I hope we don't go Upshaw. With that said, he did visit the Bengals so there may be some interest with him. I'm sticking with my picks.
DeCastro if he's there, big need and probably would be the best player on the board there.
Marvin loves early round CB's (see JJ/Hall), expecting that as well.
Very pumped, it's that time. Honestly look forward to today more than the first preseason or regular season game.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.