Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Playoff Teams in 2013 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52839)

bigbluedefense 05-05-2012 04:08 PM

Playoff Teams in 2013

Well, now that the draft is over, let's predict who makes it to the playoffs this year.

It's like clockwork every year, there's typically 6 new playoff teams every year. So with that in mind, who's your 12 playoff teams?

AFC
New England
Buffalo
Pittsburgh
Denver
Houston
Kansas City

NFC
Green Bay
Chicago
Seattle
Tampa Bay
New York
Philadelphia

Call me crazy but I think the 49ers miss the playoffs. For 2 reasons.

1. They had an inordinate amount of turnovers on defense. That turnover ratio won't happen again.

2. I see them trying to transition to a more explosive offense. Randy Moss, Mario Manningham, Jenkins, LaMichael James, they just seem like they want more explosion on offense. Here's the problem with that: You need a qb who can make it work. And I do not think Alex Smith is that guy. I fear that they'll shy away from the running mentality they had this year and try to air it out more, and I think they'll fail at it.

Also, it's tough for new coaches to succeed in their 2nd year. You can get by with smoke and mirrors in your first year, nobody knows your style or your tendencies. But then in year 2, they figure it out. Now it's time to adjust.

I also think Seattle is has the pieces to steal the division. Arizona would have a chance if their qb situation wasn't so awful.

Raiderz4Life 05-05-2012 04:13 PM

You think Denver wins the AFCW with Manning?

I would maybe put an asterisk next to them because who knows how fragile Manning is at this point. If he gets knocked out they're done.

bigbluedefense 05-05-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderz4life (Post 2986701)

I would maybe put an asterisk next to them because who knows how fragile Manning is at this point. If he gets knocked out they're done.

He's basically the only reason why I have them winning the west. I agree, if he goes down they're done, but I'm gonna gamble on him being healthy.

Kansas City has everything but the quarterback. They have the secondary, the LB core, the dline, the oline, the run game, good enough WR core, they have it all, but that damn qb is holding them back.

Having that said, I think the Jets miss out bc of that circus they have going on, and I think Baltimore misses out bc they're getting older, Sugg's injury, plus their coordinators suck and they have no WRs and Flacco isn't going to elevate his game.

So when I look at that logjam of mediocrity in the middle of the conference, I'm gonna guess that KC can overcome Cassel and steal a wildcard spot.

Splat 05-05-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderz4life (Post 2986701)

The won it last year with out him. You add Manning and they are easily the favorites.

The Alex 05-05-2012 04:21 PM

AFC

North: Baltimore
South: Houston
East: Buffalo
West: Denver
Wild Card: Tennessee
Wild Card: Kansas City

NFC

North: Green Bay
South: Atlanta
East: Philadelphia
West: Seattle
Wild Card: Detroit
Wild Card: New York

Card subject to change.

SuperPacker 05-05-2012 04:23 PM

AFC
1. New England Patriots
2. Kansas City Chiefs

3. Houston Texans
4. Cincinnati Bengals

5. Denver Broncos
6. Buffalo Bills

NFC
1. Green Bay Packers
2. Philadelphia Eagles
3. San Francisco 49ers
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

5. Chicago Bears
6. Dallas Cowboys

Yes, i'm crazy...But this is what i think will happen.

WCH 05-05-2012 04:23 PM

I think that people are going to be surprised by good Matt Flynn isn't, which is why I wouldn't pick Seattle to win their division.

It's not a vote of confidence when they draft Wilson in the 3rd and insist that T-Jack, of all people, could win the starting job.

Raiderz4Life 05-05-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 2986704)
He's basically the only reason why I have them winning the west. I agree, if he goes down they're done, but I'm gonna gamble on him being healthy.

Kansas City has everything but the quarterback. They have the secondary, the LB core, the dline, the oline, the run game, good enough WR core, they have it all, but that damn qb is holding them back.

Having that said, I think the Jets miss out bc of that circus they have going on, and I think Baltimore misses out bc they're getting older, Sugg's injury, plus their coordinators suck and they have no WRs and Flacco isn't going to elevate his game.

So when I look at that logjam of mediocrity in the middle of the conference, I'm gonna guess that KC can overcome Cassel and steal a wildcard spot.

So sad about Balti. The Jets are pretty meh too. I agree with everything really. I mean if all else fails

The Alex 05-05-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderz4life (Post 2986717)
So sad about Balti. The Jets are pretty meh too. I agree with everything really. I mean if all else fails

I just realized Elway's face looks kinda like Hank.

bigbluedefense 05-05-2012 04:27 PM

I really like the direction Buffalo is going in.

I'm also a big Schiano fan (duh, Rutgers alum here) and I think he'll take that young promising team and develop them this year. The NFC South is wide open. I think the Saints won't be able to overcome so much adversity, I think Carolina is still a ways to go on defense, and I think Atlanta is gonna fail at trying to be more of a passing team under Matt Ryan's arm. So I think Tampa could snatch up the division in a very close 3 team race btw them, Atlanta, and Carolina.

Raiderz4Life 05-05-2012 04:28 PM

I think NOLA has a shot to take the division. Not a great one but really I think at this point that's ATL division to lose.

SuperPacker 05-05-2012 04:30 PM

BBD, you like Tampa as well. I'm not crazy after all!

The Alex 05-05-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 2986721)
I really like the direction Buffalo is going in.

I'm also a big Schiano fan (duh, Rutgers alum here) and I think he'll take that young promising team and develop them this year. The NFC South is wide open. I think the Saints won't be able to overcome so much adversity, I think Carolina is still a ways to go on defense, and I think Atlanta is gonna fail at trying to be more of a passing team under Matt Ryan's arm. So I think Tampa could snatch up the division in a very close 3 team race btw them, Atlanta, and Carolina.

I agree. There is a chance nobody in the NFC South finishes below .500. I'm taking Atlanta just because I'm higher on Matt Ryan than most people. Tampa is going to bounce back and Carolina is a threat as long as Newton continues his development. New Orleans I think will be no better than 9-7 because of the turmoil going on there.

bigbluedefense 05-05-2012 04:31 PM

It really depends on Josh Freeman. I like Tampa's dline, and Schiano is gonna get that defense playing well, I like their oline, run game, and WR core. They're a talented team. They just need someone who can direct them. And Schiano is that guy.

And most importantly, Freeman has to step up.

SuperMcGee 05-05-2012 04:32 PM

I think the schedule is right for us to have a chance at making it. I still have concerns over the passing game, but I think Fitz and Gailey have enough in them to get us there.

Dangermouse 05-05-2012 04:32 PM

AFC
1 New England
2 Houston
3 Cincinnati
4 Kansas City
5 Pittsburgh
6 Baltimore

NFC
1 Philadelphia
2 Detroit
3 Arizona
4 Tampa
5 Green Bay
6 Chicago

bal at CIN
PIT at kc
GB at tb
chi at ARI

pit at NE
CIN at hou
GB at phi
ari at DET

cin at NE
gb at DET

Superbowl 47
Patriots over Lions

The Alex 05-05-2012 04:33 PM

Freeman was boss in 2010, I don't think it was a Matt Cassel-esque fluke but I can't really be certain.

SuperPacker 05-05-2012 04:35 PM

Here why i like Tampa Bay.

- Josh Freeman looks sexy and should be back to his 2010 form because of it.
- Doug Martin gives him a legitimate runner, who can be an every down back.
- Their defense was terrible last year, but they got two studs who will contribute straight away.
- Vincent Jackson and Cark Nicks.
- Their division sucks right now.

Raiderz4Life 05-05-2012 04:36 PM

I'll still take ATL over TB right now. I like Ryan more than I like Freeman tbh.

bigbluedefense 05-05-2012 04:37 PM

Atlanta just doesn't have enough playmakers for me to be sold on them.

The Alex 05-05-2012 04:40 PM

I'm higher on Roddy White than most people. Speaking of which, I need to go post my top 5 in that thread...

bigbluedefense 05-05-2012 04:43 PM

I'm fine with White. The problem is that whole team is just so bland. They lack talent, they're a team loaded with JAGs across the board.

When I think playmakers, I see White, Jones, and Samuel as the only 3 guys on the team that have playmaking ability. Who else? They lack pass rushers, they lost Lofton and Spoon is good but not Willis/Bowman good, and Ryan isn't the type of qb who can really just pick you to pieces.

I just don't see it with them.

Bulldogs 05-05-2012 04:49 PM

AFC

North: Baltimore
South: Houston
East: New England
West: Denver
Wild Card: Pittsburgh

NFC

North: Green Bay
South: Atlanta
East: Philadelphia
West: San Francisco
Wild Card: Chicago

Raiderz4Life 05-05-2012 04:49 PM

Turner rly needs to be replaced. He's so slow now

Bulldogs 05-05-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderz4life (Post 2986755)
Turner rly needs to be replaced. He's so slow now

Jacquizz Rodgers will play a bigger role this year. Dirk Koetter has experience with Maurice Jones-Drew and while I don't think Rodgers will be that type of player he will be far better utilized in the offense now. He looked real good at times last season.