Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   DC's Early Look Ahead to 2013 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52873)

Scott Wright 05-07-2012 11:50 AM

DC's Early Look Ahead to 2013

Posted my annual look ahead feature with the Top 15 Senior prospects for the 2013 NFL Draft.

Obviously keep in mind that it's very early, but I had trouble whittling the list down this year. In fact, I usually list just twelve players but upped it to fifteen and still had to leave some out that I wanted to include. In-depth film work will begin later this summer, but for the time being enjoy!

Early Look Ahead to the 2013 NFL Draft - Top 15 Seniors
http://draftcountdown.com/features/F...ft-Preview.php

K Train 05-07-2012 11:52 AM

that high on landry jones huh?

I love me some teo and mcdonald

mqtirishfan 05-07-2012 12:38 PM

Is it just me or is this an insanely strong senior class?

Razor 05-07-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mqtirishfan (Post 2988863)
Is it just me or is this an insanely strong senior class?

It is. I wouldn't put Barkley at the top, however. Star Lotulelei is my guy. I have Barkley ranked as my number one QB right now, but that's only because of his experience in a pro style offense. I don't think he has much upside which will push him down to at least third in my rankings unless Logan Thomas and Tyler Wilson completely stinks up their seasons. Bray and Murray could even get in front of Barkley with strong seasons imo.

SuperPacker 05-07-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor (Post 2988976)
It is. I wouldn't put Barkley at the top, however. Star Lotulelei is my guy. I have Barkley ranked as my number one QB right now, but that's only because of his experience in a pro style offense. I don't think he has much upside which will push him down to at least third in my rankings unless Logan Thomas and Tyler Wilson completely stinks up their seasons. Bray and Murray could even get in front of Barkley with strong seasons imo.

I think it is as well. I'd love to see last years version of this to compare.

princefielder28 05-07-2012 05:47 PM

Landry Jones being ahead of Tyler Wilson is very surprising

keylime_5 05-07-2012 06:49 PM

Landry Jones PLUMMETED down my draft board after how terrible he looked following the injuries to his WRs last year. Him being in an extremely QB friendly system doesn't help either - plus Bell taking a bunch of snaps away from him this year won't help his stock either.

Leon Sandcastle 05-07-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keylime_5 (Post 2989381)
Landry Jones PLUMMETED down my draft board after how terrible he looked following the injuries to his WRs last year. Him being in an extremely QB friendly system doesn't help either - plus Bell taking a bunch of snaps away from him this year won't help his stock either.

He's too finnicky in the pocket for my liking. Almost like Blaine Gabbert in that respect. Still think he'll be taken in the 1st this year but this is going to haunt him at the next level if he doesn't correct it now.

JRTPlaya21 05-07-2012 07:57 PM

Landry Jones better ball out hard this year and show some progression or I could see him almost slipping out of the 1st round.

Flyboy 05-07-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keylime_5 (Post 2989381)

I always thought he was overrated to begin with.

twiz 05-07-2012 10:51 PM

Not a single WR? Interesting.

Scott Wright 05-08-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twiz (Post 2989993)
Not a single WR? Interesting.

As of right now Terrance Williams of Baylor is the top senior wideout, although obviously his stock could be affected by the absence of RG3 and Kendall Wright. We'll see how he handles it.

keylime_5 05-08-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 (Post 2989563)
Landry Jones better ball out hard this year and show some progression or I could see him almost slipping out of the 1st round.

yeah, you never know though. I thought Tannehill was a late first at BEST after his less than stellar senior year, but his stock wasn't hurt at all.......to be fair to Tannehill though he was so inexperienced and Landry Jones doesn't have that excuse at all - plus he played with all that talent at Oklahoma as well. Big 12 QBs seem to be big time busts more often than not in the NFL too which doesn't help.

Big Bird 05-08-2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Wright (Post 2990084)
As of right now Terrance Williams of Baylor is the top senior wideout, although obviously his stock could be affected by the absence of RG3 and Kendall Wright. We'll see how he handles it.

Terrance Williams will prove to be very average without RG3. Has dropped a ton of passes. Average route runner as well.

People really need to stop being blinded by stats...

gator3guy 05-08-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keylime_5 (Post 2990131)
yeah, you never know though. I thought Tannehill was a late first at BEST after his less than stellar senior year, but his stock wasn't hurt at all.......to be fair to Tannehill though he was so inexperienced and Landry Jones doesn't have that excuse at all - plus he played with all that talent at Oklahoma as well. Big 12 QBs seem to be big time busts more often than not in the NFL too which doesn't help.

Tannehill also benefited from the dropoff of this year's QB class.

Right now, the 2013 class looks to have more first round talent at QB. Of course a lot can change from now until April.

K Train 05-08-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator3guy (Post 2990528)
Tannehill also benefited from the dropoff of this year's QB class.

if barkely declared tannehill would have gone right where he should have....late first like the JP losmans of the world

K Train 05-08-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Wright (Post 2990084)

senior WR class looks terrible and that is shown by Terrance Williams being #1

I honestly think i like dennard robinson the best out of senior WRs lol

gator3guy 05-08-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 2990572)
senior WR class looks terrible and that is shown by Terrance Williams being #1

I honestly think i like dennard robinson the best out of senior WRs lol

Happens a lot. The good juniors usually declare. Some one will step up.

Vaylor 05-08-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 2990562)
if barkely declared tannehill would have gone right where he should have....late first like the JP losmans of the world

I doubt Tannhill would have fallen past Miami unless they traded up for Barkley/RG3.

SenorGato 05-09-2012 02:50 AM

Here's hoping the Jets land McDonald or Okafor...

Tyler Wilson is tough. Barkley is solid. Don't really care for/about Jones, so I'll HS off judgement for 8 months or so.

RaiderNation 05-09-2012 03:38 PM

I find it hard to put Landry Jones that high, in fact I have him as a 2/3 round prospect going into the 2013 draft process. I'm much high on Tyler Wilson, who I think will end up being the 2nd QB drafted even if a JR declares. That could change if Logan Thomas was to take the next step in his career...

A Perfect Score 05-09-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderNation (Post 2992393)
I find it hard to put Landry Jones that high, in fact I have him as a 2/3 round prospect going into the 2013 draft process. I'm much high on Tyler Wilson, who I think will end up being the 2nd QB drafted even if a JR declares. That could change it Logan Thomas was to take the next step in his career...

Am I the only person who likes Tyler Wilson more then Matt Barkley? I can't be...

princefielder28 05-09-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Perfect Score (Post 2992434)
Am I the only person who likes Tyler Wilson more then Matt Barkley? I can't be...

nope, you're not the only one

RaiderNation 05-09-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Perfect Score (Post 2992434)

Barkley has to be the top guy when you factor in all he has done on all levels of football, but Tyler Wilson has the potential to be a better pro player. Wilson has a chance to lead Arkansas to a top 5 ranking while playing in the SEC again, doing it without Bobby Petrino will show the growth he has made.

I still can see Logan Thomas emerging as a potential Heisman Trophy winner and go very high like Cam and RG3 the last 2 seasons.

shylo3716 05-09-2012 06:07 PM

No mention of non Seniors...

Aaron Murray
Michael Dyer
Robert Woods
Kenny Stills
Dennard Robinson*
Xavier Rhodes