RaiderNations Initial 2013 Positional Rankings and Top 40 Big Board 5/10
Questions and comments are welcomed!!
1 Matt Barkley QB USC
2 Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas
3 Tyler Bray QB Tennessee*
4 Logan Thomas QB Virginia Tech*
5 Landry Jones QB Oklahoma
1 Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina*
2 Montee Ball RB Wisconsin
3 Michael Dyer RB Arkansas State*
4 Knile Davis RB Arkansas
5 Andre Ellington RB Clemson
1 Robert Woods WR USC*
2 Keenan Allen WR Cal*
3 Marquess Wilson WR Washington State*
4 Justin Hunter WR Tennessee*
5 Da’Rick Rodgers WR Tennessee*
1 Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame*
2 Joseph Fauria TE UCLA
3 Philip Lutzenkirchen TE Auburn
4 Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio State
5 Zach Ertz TE Stanford*
1 Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin
2 Chris Faulk OT LSU*
3 DJ Fluker OT Alabama*
4 James Matthews OT Texas A&M*
5 Oday Aboushi OT Virginia
1 Barrett Jones C/OG Alabama
2 Jonathan Cooper OG UNC
3 Khaled Holmes C USC
4 Chance Warmack OG Alabama
5 Travis Fredrick OG Wisconsin*
1 Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB LSU*
2 Jarvis Jones DE/OLB Georgia*
3 Sam Montgomery DE/OLB LSU*
4 Alex Okafor DE/OLB Texas
5 Devin Taylor DE/OLB South Carolina
1 Star Lotulelei DT Utah
2 Kawann Short DT Purdue
3 Bennie Logan DT LSU*
4 Jonathan Hankins DT Ohio State*
5 Jesse Williams DT Alabama
1 Brandon Jenkins OLB Florida State
2 Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M
3 Gerald Hodges OLB Penn State
4 Jelani Jenkins OLB Florida*
5 Jonathan Brown OLB Illinois*
1 Monte Te’o ILB Notre Dame
2 Kevin Reddick ILB UNC
3 Nico Johnson ILB Alabama
4 Shayne Skov ILB Stanford
5 CJ Mosely ILB Alabama*
1 David Amerson CB North Carolina State*
2 Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU*
3 Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State*
4 Jonathan Banks CB Mississippi State
5 Johnny Adams CB Michigan State
1 TJ McDonald FS/SS USC
2 Eric Reid FS/SS LSU*
3 Robert Lester FS/SS Alabama
4 Bacarri Rambo FS/SS Georgia
5 Matt Elam FS/SS Florida*
TOP 40 BIG BOARD:
1 Matt Barkley QB USC
2 Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas
3 Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB LSU*
4 Robert Woods WR USC*
5 David Amerson CB North Carolina State*
6 Star Lotulelei DT Utah
7 Jarvis Jones DE/OLB Georgia*
8 Tyler Bray QB Tennessee*
9 Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina*
10 Monte Te’o ILB Notre Dame
11 Keenan Allen WR Cal*
12 Sam Montgomery DE/OLB LSU*
13 Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin
14 TJ McDonald FS/SS USC
15 Logan Thomas QB Virginia Tech*
16 Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU*
17 Marquess Wilson WR Washington State*
18 Kawann Short DT Purdue
19 Eric Reid FS/SS LSU*
20 Barrett Jones C/OG Alabama
21 Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State*
22 Bennie Logan DT LSU*
23 Chris Faulk OT LSU*
24 Brandon Jenkins OLB Florida State
25 Montee Ball RB Wisconsin
26 Justin Hunter WR Tennessee*
27 Jonathan Banks CB Mississippi State
28 Alex Okafor DE/OLB Texas
29 Robert Lester FS/SS Alabama
30 DJ Fluker OT Alabama*
31 Kevin Reddick ILB UNC
32 Landry Jones QB Oklahoma
33 Jonathan Hankins DT Ohio State*
34 Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame*
35 Da’Rick Rodgers WR Tennessee*
36 Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M
37 Jonathan Cooper OG UNC
38 Devin Taylor DE/OLB South Carolina
39 James Matthews OT Texas A&M*
40 Jesse Williams DT Alabama
Why move 260lb Brandon Jenkins to OLB but leave 245 pounders like Jones, Mingo, and Montgomery at DE? Not bashing, just curious.
Question: Devin Taylor, DE South Carolina: at 6'6 260+ lbs., I see him more as a 4-3 DE than in the 3-4 OLB range. What's your take on him?
Taylor should do well this year with all the talent South Carolina has on the dline, and if he can get 8+ sacks as a Senior he should hear his name called in the 1st round.
I can see both Ertz and Toilolo shooting up boards this season. Both will be integral parts of the offense with this new qb
Some interesting areas where our rankings seem to diverge:
1. I see Logan Thomas as significantly more polished/consistent than Tyler Wilson or Tyler Bray in terms of footwork/arm mechanics. Wilson's footwork and decision-making seem to be well-ahead of Bray's, so I can see how you would rank Wilson ahead of Bray, but Logan Thomas seems superior to both. What do you prefer about the other two?
2. Montee Ball may be the safe pick at running back, but I'll be very surprised if he is the second running back off the board. He has been in an ideal situation at Wisconsin with offensive lines constantly loaded with early-round talent and Russell Wilson quarterbacking the offense. Ball's vision is impressive but he doesn't run with a ton of power and isn't particularly explosive either; he can get what the blocking gives him but generally not much more. I think he's more of a third-round pick. How do you have him ranked in terms of round compared to the other guys on your list?
3. Could you give your overall impressions of James Matthews at Oday Aboushi? D.J. Fluker made the right decision by staying in school last season because I thought he looked like a third-rounder at best. Fluker is surprisingly less powerful/dominant than expected given his size and athleticism, and Alabama has been unwilling to let him play on the left side.
4. How come Brandon Jenkins isn't listed at DE/OLB? He plays defensive end at Florida State and is bigger than the top three guys you have listed there. If anything, I would recommend moving Jarvis Jones to OLB, as that's where he plays in Georgia's defense and is almost a lock to play in the NFL.
5. Despite making a ton of plays I find Tyrann Mathieu going before Xavier Rhodes and Johnthan Banks to be unlikely. Both Rhodes and Banks have the size to cover effectively on the outside, while Mathieu will likely have to play in the slot in the NFL. Since boundary corners are much harder to find and handle more difficult assignments it stands to reason that they would be more valuable than a slot guy.
6. The big board looks pretty reasonable although I think you have the aforementioned QBs (Wilson and Bray) ranked too high. Marcus Lattimore may be a little bit overrated since he has already had surgery on his ACL. Kawann Short may not be as special as some of the other guys on the board. I'm not a huge Landry Jones fan either.
Nice work overall! I always enjoy reading your work.
And to add two comments:
1) Knile Davis, should he return to form, is right there next to Lattimore.
2) Damontre Moore, should he declare, is a top-5 DE/OLB.
his name is Jake Matthews and A&M's LT is probably a better prospect than he is.
Devin Taylor is so perfect for the Pats its not even funny. If we could add him and/or a legit 5-tech, our front 7 for the future would go from looking pretty laughable to loaded.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.