Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Damontre Moore, OLB, Texas A&M (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52970)

gpngc 05-15-2012 12:08 AM

Damontre Moore, OLB, Texas A&M
 
That is all.

Bixby (Thumper) 05-15-2012 05:23 AM

Care to elaborate?

fenikz 05-15-2012 07:06 AM

10 characters

HakeemtheMachine 05-15-2012 09:20 AM

I think he is very underrated. People seem to give most of the hype to his teammate Sean Porter but Moore is the better prospect. First 1 I did of him

Dont remember how i posted vids here its been so long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DciH6GgnDCc

SenorGato 05-15-2012 10:46 AM

When did A&M get interesting?

This guy has nice size, moves well, has thrown up 14 sacks in two years, and generally looks like a cool prospect.i like him better than Mr. Estonia SMU DE.

gpngc 05-15-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HakeemtheMachine (Post 2999279)
I think he is very underrated. People seem to give most of the hype to his teammate Sean Porter but Moore is the better prospect. First 1 I did of him

Dont remember how i posted vids here its been so long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DciH6GgnDCc

Mr. Nicks speaks the truth.

He doesn't tackle well, hasn't developed pass-rush moves, but his potential is scary.

FUNBUNCHER 05-16-2012 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SenorGato (Post 2999354)
When did A&M get interesting?

This guy has nice size, moves well, has thrown up 14 sacks in two years, and generally looks like a cool prospect.i like him better than Mr. Estonia SMU DE.


A&M has been Linebacker U of the Southwest for years.
Johnny Holland/John Roper/Aaron Wallace/William Thomas/Quentin Coryatt/Reggie Brown/Warrick Holdman/Dat Nguyen are the most notable.

Von Miller might be the best of them all.

I don't know if any college program has had more LBs drafted in the last 25 years than A&M off the top of my head.

Brent 05-16-2012 06:34 AM

Keep your eye on Stephen Jenkins, #45, DaMontre is probably going to get himself suspended, again, at some point.

gpngc 10-25-2012 11:59 AM

Kiper has this dude ranked #5 on his big board right now.

I have to say I saw this coming.

duesouth 10-26-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SenorGato (Post 2999354)
i like him better than Mr. Estonia SMU DE.

Different type of player - but agree Moore is a much better prospect.

Stamper 10-26-2012 06:45 PM

I feel like his 5 & 10 yard splits are off the charts for someone his size. I was watching a little bit of his tape recently and noticed how his acceleration was so high.

Ex: Often times on hb & qb draws he would engage his blocker, notice the ball carrier and just shoot off his man, thus creating his high number of TFL's.

He has a great motor but hasn't developed many pass rush moves. I obviously think thats teachable and not much of a deal breaker.

Scott Wright 10-26-2012 09:03 PM

Love this guy! Added him to the first round in my new mock.

Moore has done a great job of filling Von Miller's shoes.

18.0 Sacks and 34.5 TFL in his last 19 games!

Abaddon 10-29-2012 07:11 PM

A&M belongs in the SEC. We accept them as one of our own.

Mizzou, on the other hand...

Abaddon 11-01-2012 06:10 PM

Moore is #5 on Rob Rang's big board now.

keylime_5 11-01-2012 06:18 PM

He's the top pass rusher and a top 10 pick in most mocks now. I hope the Browns take him.

Brent 11-02-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 3000852)
Keep your eye on Stephen Jenkins, #45, DaMontre is probably going to get himself suspended, again, at some point.

Happy to be wrong on this!

Brent 11-03-2012 02:07 PM

BTW, he just chased down a WR who had a 10 yard lead on him to save a TD

Iamcanadian 11-03-2012 02:47 PM

I like him a lot but he's still behind Mingo, Montgomery and Dion Jordan IMO and maybe a few others as well. It's a great DE class. I'm kind of intrigued by Ezikiel Ansak of BYU who was once a 200 meter sprinter and is getting some comparisons to Jason Pierre-Paul of the Giants.

dannyz 11-07-2012 03:16 AM

I just read that he wants to come back for another year. I don't know if that is smart because right now it's all there for him and he could be a top 10 pick but if he went back would have to battle Clowney and the other guys for next year.

duesouth 11-07-2012 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamcanadian (Post 3171702)
I like him a lot but he's still behind Mingo, Montgomery and Dion Jordan IMO and maybe a few others as well. It's a great DE class. I'm kind of intrigued by Ezikiel Ansak of BYU who was once a 200 meter sprinter and is getting some comparisons to Jason Pierre-Paul of the Giants.

Ansah looks a bit bigger and stronger than JPP did at this stage of his career. Considering he hasn't played much football he's pretty good with his hands. Does play too high when he gets tired, but that can be said of quite a few prospects. If you can find the tape on YouTube of him blowing up a fake punt against Boise it's worth it - dumped the blocker right on his backside and made the tackle short of the first down.

Unique skill set and I think may test out better at the Combine than JPP, who I seem to recall was fairly average outside of wing span.

bruschis4all 11-07-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER (Post 3000849)
A&M has been Linebacker U of the Southwest for years.
Johnny Holland/John Roper/Aaron Wallace/William Thomas/Quentin Coryatt/Reggie Brown/Warrick Holdman/Dat Nguyen are the most notable.

Von Miller might be the best of them all.

I don't know if any college program has had more LBs drafted in the last 25 years than A&M off the top of my head.

How many on your list became good pro players? Please. PSU has a more impressive list in the NFL Today than they have had over 25 years; Bowman, Lee, Wake, Hali, Connor and Posluszny. Not to mention Conlan, Arrington, Brandon Short. Linebacker U. USC and Ohio St have put more lb's in the NFL than A&M.

keylime_5 11-07-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamcanadian (Post 3171702)
I like him a lot but he's still behind Mingo, Montgomery and Dion Jordan IMO and maybe a few others as well. It's a great DE class. I'm kind of intrigued by Ezikiel Ansak of BYU who was once a 200 meter sprinter and is getting some comparisons to Jason Pierre-Paul of the Giants.

I like him a lot more than the LSU guys because he actually produces. Seems those two (Mingo especially) have all the ability of being 10+ sack guys but they don't get to the QB enough.

coltDraftnik 11-09-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keylime_5 (Post 3175977)
I like him a lot more than the LSU guys because he actually produces. Seems those two (Mingo especially) have all the ability of being 10+ sack guys but they don't get to the QB enough.

I agree completely about the LSU guys. It is one thing to smoosh a cupcake, and something else to make a play in a big game. The very first 5 min I watched an A&M game this year, Moore got a sack. I think it was verses Mississippi State. You see a guy for 5min, and he makes a play. Not Bad. He'll be gone before my Colts can get him. I don't actually see a whole lot of play makers at LB this year. I'd be wary of Mante Te'o in the first. I think he is going to slip a little. Damontre Moore is definately my favorite LB this year. Speaking of the Penn State linebackers, I think this year they did it again. Michael Mauti would be a steal in the 3rd. He definately stands out.

stlouisfan37 11-10-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruschis4all (Post 3175939)
How many on your list became good pro players? Please. PSU has a more impressive list in the NFL Today than they have had over 25 years; Bowman, Lee, Wake, Hali, Connor and Posluszny. Not to mention Conlan, Arrington, Brandon Short. Linebacker U. USC and Ohio St have put more lb's in the NFL than A&M.

I have found it to be very cyclical. About 6 years ago I did a study on whether or not statements like "Penn St=Linebacker U" actually held water. At that time the only linebacker from Penn St. who was starting in the NFL was Antonio Pierce, and the Giants cut him the next year.

And the school that produced the most starting offensive linemen? I was shocked to discover that it was...wait for it...Purdue?

87Canes 11-11-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 (Post 3177854)
I have found it to be very cyclical. About 6 years ago I did a study on whether or not statements like "Penn St=Linebacker U" actually held water. At that time the only linebacker from Penn St. who was starting in the NFL was Antonio Pierce, and the Giants cut him the next year.

And the school that produced the most starting offensive linemen? I was shocked to discover that it was...wait for it...Purdue?

What about Miami? Ray Lewis? Jon Beason? Jon Vilma? Colin McCarthy? DJ Williams? Ted Hendricks?

I think LB U shouldn't be about who has the most but instead the quality of those players. None of the above mentioned PSU guys come close to Ray Ray or even Ted Hendricks.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.