Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   WR Prediction (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53245)

StripedWalrus 06-13-2012 03:02 PM

WR Prediction

6 WR that make the team prediction.

1. Green
2. Sanu
3. Shipley
4. Jones
5. Hawkins
6. Whalen

I think the Binn and Tate hype has been nothing but offseason article fodder that means nothing. Just something to write about.

hobbes2053 06-13-2012 03:57 PM

I really hope you're right. The 6 you have would certainly give us the best chance for success considering the supreme youth at the position. Tate isn't really anything special IMO since we have increased our potential KR/PR speedsters. Binns has never impressed me too much either.

gpngc 06-13-2012 03:59 PM

Binns was damn good as a Bearcat. I think his hype is legitimate... He'll make the team over freakin' Whalen...

FootballGod 06-19-2012 06:51 AM

Whalen is not making the team. He has good hands but plays up to high and is not quick let alone fast. Binns will make the team.

dmoneyrockin 06-19-2012 11:03 AM

My 6 is Green, Sanu, Binns, Tate, Hawkins, Jones.

Shipley just doesn't bring enough to the table, and doesn't seem to be high on the coaches radar based on interviews. I'd like to get Whalen to the PS but the Colts will jump on that cut pretty quickly.

themaninblack 06-27-2012 12:40 AM

I'd be surprised to see Ship cut but then again if they really are that confident in Binns and/or Tate I could understand it. I tend to think Shipley is a bit overrated and tends to get the benefit of the doubt with a lot of fans as well as the media. If that injury is going to continue to be bothersome then it might be worth it to just cut ties. It's difficult to hold a roster spot for a guy who simply isnt there, even if they use the PUP.

FootballGod 07-12-2012 11:46 AM

Shipley is going to go on the PUP list so that we can retain his rights without having to cut him.

rickscott 07-12-2012 03:24 PM

Shipley was missed more than any other position last year and I bet there is no one on this roster as gifted as him for that position. Hawkins is nice, but I really don't see him on the club if Shipley is healthy and Tate will be gone too if anyone else (Pacman or Marvin Jones) steps up in the return gae

Clarkpba 07-30-2012 10:23 AM

I don't believe that Tate really brings anything to the team other then having solid hands for the return game. The signing of the two young WR's just to compete for the return job tells you that Lewis isn't very high on Tate either. I feel the team needs a more explosive player back there to strike some fear into teams. It might be the position that wins a game or two for the Bengals this year if someone other then Tate is back there.

dmoneyrockin 08-06-2012 08:29 PM

Shipley is struggling in camp so far, and Hawkins is lights out. Tate and Binns have been impressive, Sanu and Jones aren't gettin cut. That's 6 with Ship and Whalen on the outside looking in.

scottyboy 08-06-2012 08:38 PM

it's funny that this thread was just bumped because i was coming to the bengals forum to ask how's sanu been doing in camp thus far? You know, outside of being a sexy stud and all

themaninblack 08-07-2012 01:48 AM

FWIW, Hawkins looked terrible when I was there last week. Now, I know everyone has their bad days but he couldn't catch a cold.

dmoneyrockin 08-07-2012 09:51 AM

Everything I've heard from camp is that no body can keep up with Hawkins agility and quickness. Interesting to hear something deferent.

themaninblack 08-12-2012 04:44 AM

I mean I love the way the guy plays the game, and I think it would be a huge mistake to cut him. He has a very good skill set IMO, and I think he can be a big part of our offense this year, especially since we don't really have a bonafide #2 WR.