Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   David Amerson Sucks (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53246)

Knicks and Bucs 06-13-2012 06:28 PM

David Amerson Sucks

This is just my opinion about the guy. I think he sucks and will not be a first rounder next year. The bucs will not take him so quit mocking him to us. There are better players they can take besides this garbage. He is nowhere near a shutdown corner. So you little idiots consider that.

farfromforgotten 06-13-2012 10:00 PM

Noted.

Thanks for your in depth review of the player.

OSUGiants17 06-13-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knicks and Bucs (Post 3031593)
This is just my opinion about the guy. I think he sucks and will not be a first rounder next year. The bucs will not take him so quit mocking him to us. There are better players they can take besides this garbage. He is nowhere near a shutdown corner. So you little idiots consider that.

You're really getting butthurt about being mocked a player a year in advance. You say he sucks now, but maybe by next years draft he'll be a sure fire top 5 pick.

Dro 06-14-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

i understand why you are so mad.. your knicks and bucs fan.

Grizzlegom 06-14-2012 10:50 AM

TitanHope 06-14-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

So you little idiots consider that.

...how did he know the forum is full of short people?

draftguru151 06-14-2012 11:24 AM

Maybe he just thinks we're only a small amount idiots. That's nice of him.

prock 06-14-2012 12:45 PM

I think his insight is in depth and accurate, all you little idiots! The Bucs are totally not taking the best corner in the draft.

descendency 06-14-2012 10:30 PM

I love when people completely don't understand what a pre-season mock draft is.

HakeemtheMachine 06-15-2012 09:13 AM

Even if U dont believe Amerson could play CB in the NFL he certainly does not suck. I have "?"'s about his ability to play man coverage myself. Amerson however possesses many skills that translate him into an elite FS. He has outstanding ball skills and his ability to be able to read the QB and bait him into throwing interceptions would make him invaluable at that position. Amerson also possess the the frame to carry more size and weight. May opinion is he ends up as a safety but we will wait and see

SterlingArcher 06-15-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanHope (Post 3031965)
...how did he know the forum is full of short people?

I'M NOT SHORT, I'M VERTICALLY CHALLENGED!!!!!

Matthew Jones 06-16-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HakeemtheMachine (Post 3032889)
Even if U dont believe Amerson could play CB in the NFL he certainly does not suck. I have "?"'s about his ability to play man coverage myself. Amerson however possesses many skills that translate him into an elite FS. He has outstanding ball skills and his ability to be able to read the QB and bait him into throwing interceptions would make him invaluable at that position. Amerson also possess the the frame to carry more size and weight. May opinion is he ends up as a safety but we will wait and see

I agree, I think he may end up as a ballhawking free safety. I've only seen a little bit of Amerson but it appears as though he is almost exclusively a zone coverage defender despite his size/athleticism. His instincts and ball skills grade out very highly but teams will have to ask themselves if it is worth drafting a player in the top five or ten picks who has not played a lot of man coverage and may require a position change at the next level.

wicket 06-16-2012 04:57 PM

just boot someone who posts a thread this way guys

ncst8fan83 06-16-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Jones (Post 3033574)
I agree, I think he may end up as a ballhawking free safety. I've only seen a little bit of Amerson but it appears as though he is almost exclusively a zone coverage defender despite his size/athleticism. His instincts and ball skills grade out very highly but teams will have to ask themselves if it is worth drafting a player in the top five or ten picks who has not played a lot of man coverage and may require a position change at the next level.

We play 95% zone coverage, so that would be expected. Amerson mans the "field" side, which I think attributes to his huge jump from Freshman to Sophomore years. Freshman year, he was mainly the Boundary Corner, which kind of pegged him into a box and required he make sure tackles on runs to that side of the field. Being the Field Corner allows him more freedom to bait quarterbacks into throwing his way and also allows him to not be TOO concerned with where the RB is on any given play. It'll be up to the team scouts to determine at the combine whether Amerson can be top-5 valuable to a mainly man coverage team. He'd be amazing in a zone coverage scheme, or, as you suggested, from a move to FS.

FUNBUNCHER 06-16-2012 05:53 PM

Ronde Barber, you've been upgraded.

bigbluedefense 06-18-2012 12:25 PM

Knicks. (10 char)

Iamcanadian 06-18-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Jones (Post 3033574)

I think it will be more of a question about his speed. Can he run at least a 4.50 40 or is he slower. I've seen his 40 time suggested to be around a 4.52 which certainly will keep him from the top 15 picks but if he is faster, then all bets are off.

Why people always think a top prospect who goes in round 1, will be asked to play FS is beyond me. A 4.52 will make him very attractive to zone defensive teams and he will play CB for a long time in the NFL.

CB's make a heck of a lot more money than Safeties in the NFL and few will willingly make the switch. It is a different story if you are a later pick just trying to make the team but 1st rounds are avoided by teams needing a Safety because they know they will have serious problems trying to convince his agent to agree to the move until he has had a couple of years to demonstrate he cannot play CB in the NFL.

BamaFalcon59 06-18-2012 01:37 PM

It's just a switch that makes a lot of sense. Just looking at the NFC South, all but Atlanta have/had converted players at the safety spot; Charles Godfrey (CAR), Tanard Jackson (TB), Malcolm Jenkins (NO).

descendency 06-18-2012 01:52 PM

Regardless of where he ends up playing, he's going to get another year of football to mature. His measurables are what is getting him mocked that high, along with an outstanding sophomore season.

WCH 06-18-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3034683)
Knicks. (10 char)

I think that Melo is better than Amerson. Wouldn't you agree?

Prowler 06-23-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WCH (Post 3034858)
I think that Melo is better than Amerson. Wouldn't you agree?

Yeah, he stops offenses cold too.

Duffman57 06-23-2012 03:06 PM

Sorry i just had to do it...but....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

RCAChainGang 06-24-2012 02:33 AM

I actually really like Amerson. He is my #1 corner at the moment.

marks01234 06-24-2012 10:23 AM

I'm a big ACC football fan,

Amerson is legit. He's a solid 6'3" 190 with a frame to hold another 15 pounds easily. He's an elite athlete who actually made a step up on DeAndre Hopkins of Clemson last year on a deep ball to break it up. No idea what he runs in the 40 - but I don't think anybody in the ACC is faster.

He's also a great ballhawk. The scary thing is that he left a couple of INT's on the table last year.

Whether he can play man coverage in the NFL remains to me seen. We probably won't have a good idea about how quick is he, how good he is at jamming WR's at the ine and how good his backpedal is until pre-draft camps. Until then, I think it's a legit debate on whether he is a first round prospect or a top five overall prospect.

But he doesn't suck.

Wizdom 06-29-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 3038693)
Yeah, he stops offenses cold too.

Melo singlehandedly can stop an offense. At least there's other people on the field with Amerson to help.