Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Andy Reid's Son Found Dead (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53526)

nobodyinparticular 08-05-2012 10:24 AM

Andy Reid's Son Found Dead

via Twitter. Links coming.

Here's link to ESPN article

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...ia-eagles-camp

According to many Twitter accounts, GM Howie Roseman found Garrett Reid this morning. HC Andy Reid was not at morning walkthrough and the team prayed over the situation before prepping for their walkthrough.

vidae 08-05-2012 10:27 AM

That is just awful. I saw it on PFT.

Don Vito 08-05-2012 10:30 AM

Damn, feel bad for Reid I've always like him. He had a kid with drug problems IIRC.

redbills 08-05-2012 10:31 AM

Willing to bet it was drugs. As I think we all remember he crashed his car while high on heroin a few yrs ago.

Hope the family the best during this hard time.

Don Vito 08-05-2012 10:35 AM

Found dead in his room at Eagle's training camp. Jesus.

FUNBUNCHER 08-05-2012 10:43 AM

Sad story, but I can't say it's a surprise.

BloodBrother 08-05-2012 10:48 AM

Pretty much. Condolences to Reid and his family

diabsoule 08-05-2012 11:54 AM

A parent should never have to experience the death of a child. It's truly tragic and I feel for the Reid family.

bigbluedefense 08-05-2012 12:29 PM

Tragic. RIP.

I don't wish that on anyone.

Bert Macklin 08-05-2012 01:27 PM

Even after that looks like he never got his life straight. I feel sorry for the Reid's but not Garrett.

Quote:

At his sentencing hearing, Garrett Reid told the judge: "I don't want to die doing drugs. I don't want to be that kid who was the son of the head coach of the Eagles, who was spoiled and on drugs and OD'd and just faded into oblivion."

descendency 08-05-2012 01:35 PM

Terrible news for the Reid family. I can't imagine how hard that is for him right now.

phlysac 08-05-2012 03:20 PM

I feel horribly about the loss of another young person, but I have a question. What type of structure was provided if this could happen while at Eagles TC?

Bixby (Thumper) 08-05-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlysac (Post 3079969)
I feel horribly about the loss of another young person, but I have a question. What type of structure was provided if this could happen while at Eagles TC?

I don't know if you realize this but Garrett was not a player.

NotMyJob 08-05-2012 05:39 PM

and the guy was damn near thirty. he shouldn't be provided a baby-sitter.

J-Mike88 08-05-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotMyJob (Post 3080143)
and the guy was damn near thirty. he shouldn't be provided a baby-sitter.

^ Exactly. ^
Nobody to blame other than himself. Not society, his parents, etc. Only his weak-minded, addicted self.

Same thing as Coach Philbin's kid, who died stoned & drunk right before the playoff game vs the Giants this January.

Don't do heroin. There's no upside.

phlysac 08-05-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bixby (Post 3080076)
I don't know if you realize this but Garrett was not a player.

I'm not taking accountablility away from Garrett Reid. I'm merely asking, if the Philadelphia Eagles were paying for him to stay with the team, and he's on private grounds reserved by the team, why would he be granted the freedom to overdose on drugs/alcohol. If that's indeed what happened.

I don't place ANY blame on the Eagles, whatsoever. I'm merely asking where the structure was to prevent the coach's heroin addicted son from OD'ing.

descendency 08-05-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlysac (Post 3080211)
I'm not taking accountablility away from Garrett Reid. I'm merely asking, if the Philadelphia Eagles were paying for him to stay with the team, and he's on private grounds reserved by the team, why would he be granted the freedom to overdose on drugs/alcohol. If that's indeed what happened.

I don't place ANY blame on the Eagles, whatsoever. I'm merely asking where the structure was to prevent the coach's heroin addicted son from OD'ing.

I agree with what you are going at. He was at TC, on team facilities, for a reason. He had a problem (a chemical addiction, maybe) and was afforded quite bit because he was Andy Reid's son. It just seems silly to half do it.

Maybe he was making progress and severely regressed one night that killed him. Who knows.

Bixby (Thumper) 08-05-2012 07:53 PM

The Eagles were not in charge of babysitting Garrett, he was a 29 year old man. This was not a reflection of the Eagles or their training camp structure, this was a reflection of a troubled, drug addicted person.

descendency 08-05-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bixby (Post 3080293)
The Eagles were not in charge of babysitting Garrett

I think this is the point of contention. I think what we were wondering is why he's at TC if they aren't using the staff to keep an eye on him. I'm not saying he isn't responsible for his actions, at all.

Bixby (Thumper) 08-05-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 3080316)
I think this is the point of contention. I think what we were wondering is why he's at TC if they aren't using the staff to keep an eye on him. I'm not saying he isn't responsible for his actions, at all.

He was an assistant on the strength and conditioning staff.

ChiFan24 08-09-2012 03:59 PM

R.I.P. Garrett.