Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   The Push. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53562)

Ness 08-11-2012 03:43 PM

The Push.

Have you people ever pushed someone to start a fight? Or pushed back because someone started pushing you? Think about this dynamic for a second. Just the gesture of pushing. Do we do it as a "warning" to whoever we are pushing or whoever pushed us first to back off? A last chance before the real fighting begins? Why not just punch someone who ticks you off first? Why start pushing? It seems like a naturalistic instinct for a lot of people to start pushing first. Maybe we don't want to resort to violence initially.

So do you push or punch first? Obviously it depends on the specific situation, but if you have been in a few fights before that had the potential or did get out of hand do you recall what you did initially?

Rosebud 08-11-2012 03:45 PM

The push is a result of the social pressures against sucker punching. I've never pushed, but then again I think that it can no longer be called a sucker punch if I get pushed before it, so I don't push back.

Gay Ork Wang 08-11-2012 03:46 PM

I kick. Hard.

vidae 08-11-2012 04:09 PM

What is this I don't even

TitanHope 08-11-2012 04:27 PM

I've already determined that whenever I get into a real fight, I'm grabbing the closest person's hair and just biting their face. As to preserve my honor.

CashmoneyDrew 08-11-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanHope (Post 3086737)
I've already determined that whenever I get into a real fight, I'm grabbing the closest person's hair and just biting their face. As to preserve my honor.

Anybody tries to fight you, I'm giving them a ticket to the gun show.

No really, I'll take them to a gun show while you escape unnoticed.

Bixby (Thumper) 08-11-2012 04:42 PM

It's just a way of establishing physical contact before a fight. I mean you're not going to ask "Excuse me, do you want to fight?" so instead you push them and if they retaliate you're in a fight.

niel89 08-11-2012 04:57 PM

I've never been in a fight so I'm not really sure...

but I agree with Bixby. It's mostly a way for you both to kinda agree that you want to escalate the confrontation. Just outright punching a dude might be a big step if he doesn't want to fight really. A push gives an out.

Jvig43 08-11-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang (Post 3086716)
I kick. Hard.

This really, really doesn't surprise me.

josh07039 08-11-2012 06:52 PM

In Major League 3:Back to the Minors, Scott Bakula insists that it is man code that if another guy pokes you more than once then he is insisting that you hit him. Based on that logic, a push is substantially worse and is an open invitation to ******* murder anyone.

In my opinion, a push is probably a waste of energy unless you don't want to fight. If someone is too close to you and arguing and you don't want to get punched, a push is a good way to give you some distance. However, it could also incite a fight depending on how much of a tool the person you are pushing is.

In my life, whenever I've been in a situation where I feel like im going to punch a person unless they cease a specific activity, I will specifically tell the person what they should not be doing and what will happen if they don't quit the ********. However, if you don't give a **** and you just want to fight, talking/pushing/etc is just a waste of time. Just **** dudes up.

ImBrotherCain 08-11-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3086725)
What is this I don't even

Idk I think Ness makes more random/ useless threads at this point than JMike.

Ness 08-11-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain (Post 3086854)

And they still rack up replies.

josh07039 08-11-2012 08:01 PM

This thread is definitely useless, but that doesn't mean it isn't worthy of existing.

vidae 08-11-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ness (Post 3086902)
And they still rack up replies.

Cuz that's what makes a good thread brah.

Ness 08-11-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3086941)
Cuz that's what makes a good thread brah.

Spoken like a champ. Yessssssirrrrrr.

CJSchneider 08-11-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josh07039 (Post 3086843)
In Major League 3:Back to the Minors, Scott Bakula insists that it is man code that if another guy pokes you more than once then he is insisting that you hit him. Based on that logic, a push is substantially worse and is an open invitation to ******* murder anyone.

I haven't been in a fight in 18 years, but back in my real early twenties, a poke on my chest yielded an instant knee to the other person's groin. A push by someone else meant we were going to fight - period. I will say that I was often the pusher, but that was an attempt to actually push someone over, have them stumble to the ground, then intimidate them to not want to fight. I can think of a few situations where someone was getting to close; they got a verbal warning. If that didn't work, in a few seconds I was going to either deal them an upper-cut or the before mentioned knee.

WCH 08-12-2012 12:27 AM

It's hard to believe sometimes, but living things generally don't attack their own species. Human shoving is like piranha's fighting eachother by smacking eachother with their tail fins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain (Post 3086854)

Don't defend JMike. This board hates Packer fans because of him.

Bulldogs 08-12-2012 12:42 AM

Mufasa 08-12-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WCH (Post 3087214)
Don't defend JMike. This board hates Packer fans because of him.

Oh it's certainly not just because of him.

Dr. Gonzo 08-12-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mufasa (Post 3087230)
Oh it's certainly not just because of him.

I second this. Packer fans are the worst.

Ness 08-12-2012 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulldogs (Post 3087224)

Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz zz.

SuperMcGee 08-12-2012 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josh07039 (Post 3086843)

In my opinion, a push is probably a waste of energy unless you don't want to fight. If someone is too close to you and arguing and you don't want to get punched, a push is a good way to give you some distance. However, it could also incite a fight depending on how much of a tool the person you are pushing is.

In my life, whenever I've been in a situation where I feel like im going to punch a person unless they cease a specific activity, I will specifically tell the person what they should not be doing and what will happen if they don't quit the ********. However, if you don't give a **** and you just want to fight, talking/pushing/etc is just a waste of time. Just **** dudes up.

Bakula's opinion is really the only one that matters.

Cigaro 08-12-2012 04:43 AM

I pulled up my shirt to show them the Glock in my waistband. Thug life.

Babylon 08-12-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJSchneider (Post 3086963)
I haven't been in a fight in 18 years, but back in my real early twenties, a poke on my chest yielded an instant knee to the other person's groin. A push by someone else meant we were going to fight - period. I will say that I was often the pusher, but that was an attempt to actually push someone over, have them stumble to the ground, then intimidate them to not want to fight. I can think of a few situations where someone was getting to close; they got a verbal warning. If that didn't work, in a few seconds I was going to either deal them an upper-cut or the before mentioned knee.

Remind me not to mess with you Army guys.:wave:

josh07039 08-12-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperMcgee (Post 3087320)
Bakula's opinion is really the only one that matters.

Im a little confused as to why the thread has continued after Bakula's word was declared.