Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Chad Johnson released (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53565)

vidae 08-12-2012 07:42 PM

Chad Johnson released

per NFLN ticker.

Damn.

edit with PFT link:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-chad-johnson/

Ness 08-12-2012 07:45 PM

That sucks. This could be the end of the road for Chad Johnson. Should be interesting on Hard Knocks Tuesday.

vidae 08-12-2012 07:48 PM

He has never been in trouble with the law (that I know of) and he is released after this? That really sucks.

I know a lot of people hate on him, but I'm a huge fan of Chad Johnson and I always have been. I know it might be too late for him to get on with another team at this point and that is a shame.

BloodBrother 08-12-2012 07:52 PM

I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing this on Hard Knocks

Ness 08-12-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3087776)
He has never been in trouble with the law (that I know of) and he is released after this? That really sucks.

I know a lot of people hate on him, but I'm a huge fan of Chad Johnson and I always have been. I know it might be too late for him to get on with another team at this point and that is a shame.

Maybe the Seahawks will give him a chance.

coordinator0 08-12-2012 07:56 PM

I believe that leaves Naanee and Hartline as the starters on the outside with Bess in the slot. Poor Tannehill. Bush coming out of the backfield helps though.

WCH 08-12-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3087776)

Yeah, it does suck. I think he's always kept his nose clean until this weekend. Philbin is just setting the tone for the team. It had to be done, even if it kinda sucks.

I hope this isn't the end of the line for him. I like the guy, personally.

FUNBUNCHER 08-12-2012 08:36 PM

First he pissed off the Phins HC by cussing at press conferences. THen he smacked a *****. Hit the the bricks Ocho.

Having physical ability is great, but Chad is still really immature as a human being.

Vikes99ej 08-12-2012 08:43 PM

I'm gonna wait and see the details on this one. His wife seems the shady type.

descendency 08-12-2012 08:46 PM

I feel bad for Chad. His world has basically crashed down and now he's dealing with this. Maybe it is his fault, but he's always been one of my favorite players. It's just sad to see him go like this.

Ness 08-12-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER (Post 3087799)
First he pissed off the Phins HC by cussing at press conferences. THen he smacked a *****. Hit the the bricks Ocho.

Having physical ability is great, but Chad is still really immature as a human being.

Well we don't know what happened for sure as far as his wife is concerned. She got injured but whether he headbutted her or she headbutted him is unclear.

Halsey 08-12-2012 08:49 PM

He seems like a guy who could have played well for a longer time had he not turned into a crazy person. If I was advising him, I'd tell him to focus on trying to get another shot with a team, and not all the other bs he distracts himself with.

Ness 08-12-2012 08:50 PM

If Chad just had his priorities in order and wasn't always joking around he could have been one of the best of all time.

soybean 08-12-2012 08:56 PM

Why do people still associate with people that are willing to press/file charges against them?

Whoever the athlete hangs out with should know the far greater consequences of police involvement yet they do it anyways.

descendency 08-12-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halsey (Post 3087807)
He seems like a guy who could have played well for a longer time had he not turned into a crazy person. If I was advising him, I'd tell him to focus on trying to get another shot with a team, and all the other bs he distracts himself with.

The problem for Chad is that he's one of those guys that got by with a really hard work ethic and elite talent. He isn't one of those "know the playbook and outsmart you" guys.

His team mates have to tell him where to lineup and stuff. He's really talented and probably knows more about football than me, but he's not competing against me to make a team.

J52 08-12-2012 09:23 PM

My thought when I first saw her on Hard Knocks "How long until this ***** ***** him over?" Was it not obvious the shallowness and attention-***** attitude she had from her 12 seconds of camera time?

tjsunstein 08-12-2012 09:26 PM

Hard Knocks is going to be better without his antics honestly. There's better storylines than Chad Johnson.

ChiFan24 08-12-2012 09:44 PM

Domestic violence? Maybe the Bengals will sign him!

Oh wait.....

BloodBrother 08-12-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J52 (Post 3087832)
My thought when I first saw her on Hard Knocks "How long until this ***** ***** him over?" Was it not obvious the shallowness and attention-***** attitude she had from her 12 seconds of camera time?

I honestly felt the same way. Feels like she's in it for herself and for the money/fame

Halsey 08-12-2012 09:59 PM

I'm sure Chad genuinely loves her and is a faithful, loving, caring husband! Dat woman is bring Chad down! Women be scandalus!

niel89 08-12-2012 10:36 PM

Sad to see this happen. He is a big attention guy but he has never been a negative personality. So many stories about him flying out fans to game and taking theaters full of people to the movies.

There is no excuse for domestic violence in any case but I'm not sold on what happened. Who just up and headbutts a woman? Maybe I think they were arguing in their car and somehow knock heads. His statement to the police was that she headbutted him apparently

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ad-butted-him/

Giantsfan1080 08-12-2012 10:39 PM

He met the woman on Twitter. What did he expect?

niel89 08-12-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 3087897)

A reality show woman he met on twitter.

What if she headbutted him and then played the victim? She would have to super crazy as hell & using this crazy drama to heighten her brand.

Philliez01 08-12-2012 10:49 PM

I don't know why we are all assuming that Chad is innocent either based on how we don't know either of them. Fact of the matter is, he was accused of domestic violence; that's pretty severe.

Also, trust me; they wouldn't have cut him if he was looking like his former self either. NFL teams have no problem sweeping criminal acts under the table if the player is good enough; sad but true.

BloodBrother 08-12-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 3087897)

Isn't this his first marriage to? It was a lock that this wouldn't work out

though I didn't expect it to be on par with Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries.