Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Which Underclassmen QB intrigues you most? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53641)

SolidGold 08-26-2012 11:12 AM

Which Underclassmen QB intrigues you most?

I figured I would start a thread about any of the redshirt FR/Sophmore or Redshirt Sophmore QBs that will be starting this season and see who people are intrigued by.

I am interested to see how Sean Mannion of OSU does. He took the job from Ryan Katz last season and played pretty well as a true freshmen. He put up better stats than Teddy Bridgewater who was a freshman all-American.

jrdrylie 08-26-2012 11:28 AM

Well, in my sig I have a guy names Blake Bortles. He's a Redshirt Sophomore at UCF. He played quite a bit last year and looked pretty good, but Thursday will be his first time starting. I'm excited to watch him because I'm a fan but also because I want to watch him more closely from a draft perspective.

StickSkills 08-26-2012 12:20 PM

For me, it's definitely Bridgewater at Louisville. I'm a Charlie Strong fan, love his defenses and I'm curious to see how Bridgewater develops.

dabears10 08-26-2012 01:42 PM

Everett Golson should be fun to watch. A redshirt Freshman who won the job at Notre Dame. He won it over sophomore Andrew Hendrix who is a running quarterback without much accuracy, Golson should be a better passer with similar athleticism to Hendrix.

Irish fans are getting excited about him. I think it will be interesting how he performs versus a very difficult schedule ahead of him.

SickwithIt1010 08-26-2012 01:46 PM

Bridewater.

Kid showed a lot of potential last year, I hope he can keep it up.

tjsunstein 08-26-2012 03:01 PM

Mariota of Oregon; just won the starting job over Bennett. He can run, everyone knows he's fast but he's a better passer than you would think for an Oregon QB.

Would Braxton Miller be too obvious? I want to see how he does under Meyer.

Bridgewater is going to take the Big Least by storm. We all know it's coming.

gator3guy 08-26-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidGold (Post 3098733)
I figured I would start a thread about any of the redshirt FR/Sophmore or Redshirt Sophmore QBs that will be starting this season and see who people are intrigued by.

I am interested to see how Sean Mannion of OSU does. He took the job from Ryan Katz last season and played pretty well as a true freshmen. He put up better stats than Teddy Bridgewater who was a freshman all-American.

He was actually a redshirt freshman last year. Needs to cut down on the picks. Always root for Oregon St. They always seem to overachieve (last year excluded).

I'm interested to see how Wes Lunt operates in Gundy's system. Also interested in seeing Johnny Manziel and how he does in Sumlin's system against SEC defenses.

Brent 09-01-2012 10:30 PM

Johnny Manziel

Babylon 09-03-2012 09:22 PM

I see where Jeff Driskel is getting the starting job at UF. Can't see him not eventually becoming a star.

SolidGold 09-30-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 3104392)
Johnny Manziel

This dude has been amazing so far. He is denard robinson but can actually throw the ball - he is a true dual threat. Nice call on him.