Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   College Gameday Thread: Week 2 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53710)

draftguru151 09-04-2012 03:26 PM

College Gameday Thread: Week 2
 
Thursday night:
Pittsburgh vs Cincinnati (ESPN)

Friday night:
Utah vs Utah State (ESPN2)

Saturday noon:
Auburn vs Mississippi State (ESPN)
UCF vs #14 Ohio State (ESPN2)
Miami vs #21 Kansas State (FX)
Maryland vs Temple (ESPNU)
Penn State vs Virginia (ABC)
East Carolina vs #9 South Carolina (SECN)

Saturday afternoon:
#24 Florida vs Texas A&M (ESPN)
#2 USC vs Syracuse (ABC/ESPN2)
Air Force vs #19 Michigan (ABC/ESPN2)
#11 Michigan State vs Central Michigan (ESPNU)
Western Kentucky vs #1 Alabama (SECN)
Purdue vs #22 Notre Dame (NBC)
#13 Wisconsin vs Oregon State (FX)

Saturday night:
Washington vs #3 LSU (ESPN)
#8 Arkansas vs Louisiana Monroe (ESPNU)
#16 Nebraska vs UCLA (FOX)
#7 Georgia vs Missouri (ESPN2)
Illinois vs Arizona State (ESPN)

soybean 09-04-2012 03:40 PM

I think Nebraska vs. UCLA should be an intriguing matchup.

I'm interested in ASU vs. Illinois too

sbh15 09-04-2012 04:33 PM

game day will be at UF vs TAMU ... I made a projection on a Gator board that they lose 20-6, but after reading more about how vanilla Pease played things against Bowling Green, I'm going to adjust to a 24-20 loss. I think TAMU will have to score 20+ to beat us

tjsunstein 09-04-2012 04:36 PM

WVU bye. No ranked teams square up. Meh week.

Cigaro 09-04-2012 05:14 PM

Florida versus Texas A&M looks the only good game this weekend from a neutral standpoint. Luckily I will be at SC vs ECU this weekend so the poor selection of games should be more acceptable.

Babylon 09-04-2012 05:21 PM

Washington doesnt do too well when it steps up in class (USC aside) so covering a 22 point spread for LSU seems doable.

niel89 09-04-2012 06:02 PM

Put up your dukes Duke! Stanford is gonna gel and then cream you!

soybean 09-04-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niel89 (Post 3106042)
Put up your dukes Duke! Stanford is gonna gel and then cream you!

academic decathalon?

JoeJoeBrown 09-04-2012 07:26 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the OSU UCF game is close.

SolidGold 09-04-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niel89 (Post 3106042)
Put up your dukes Duke! Stanford is gonna gel and then cream you!

Stanford barely got by SJSU. Duke has a really underrated experienced QB in Renfree. This could be a potential upset.

tjsunstein 09-04-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown (Post 3106088)
I wouldn't be surprised if the OSU UCF game is close.

That stood out to me as well. Im curious where Kansas State is as a team, too, with the U coming in.

holt_bruce81 09-04-2012 11:27 PM

Missouri vs Georgia, Yeah I'll be watching that one.

SickwithIt1010 09-04-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 3106111)
That stood out to me as well. Im curious where Kansas State is as a team, too, with the U coming in.

Im more curious as to where the U is.

They looked like **** against BC, I thought. However, I do think they are better than they played.

fenikz 09-05-2012 12:34 AM

Offense is fine, Defense needs work, very very young team

holt_bruce81 09-05-2012 04:23 AM

How's Georgia's Offensive Line? Missouri has some really good players on the D-Line.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock 09-05-2012 09:30 AM

Alabama jumping USC is just stupid. Why did they just not do it preseason?

Babylon 09-05-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock (Post 3106407)
Alabama jumping USC is just stupid. Why did they just not do it preseason?

There shouldn't even be polls till October but beating Michigan clearly trumps beating Hawaii. (sorry D-Unit)

tjsunstein 09-05-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 (Post 3106269)
Im more curious as to where the U is.

They looked like **** against BC, I thought. However, I do think they are better than they played.

Obviously Im only more curious about Kansas State because they're on WVU's schedule and now in the same conference. A win over the U, I would assume could be huge for recruiting for them.

hawkeye123 09-05-2012 11:46 AM

Calling it now, Washington upsets LSU

Babylon 09-05-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeye123 (Post 3106500)
Calling it now, Washington upsets LSU

Love your enthusiasm but Washington really hasnt beaten a good team in some time and playing down there probably adds another TD to the spread. Hope you're right though.

bearsfan_51 09-05-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeye123 (Post 3106500)
Calling it now, Washington upsets LSU

LSU by four touchdowns.

MassNole 09-05-2012 01:50 PM

Excited to see if Bjoern Werner can match his production from week 1 and more so to see FSU break it's single game scoring record. The Savannah State coach thought his team was beat up after facing Okie State, wait til they get a load of FSU's defense.

draftguru151 09-05-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 3106481)
Obviously Im only more curious about Kansas State because they're on WVU's schedule and now in the same conference. A win over the U, I would assume could be huge for recruiting for them.

They beat UM 28-24 last year on a goal line stand from the 2. Defense some how looked work than last season, especially in terms of mental breakdowns. Running QBs went crazy on Miami last year (Klein included), so I'm expecting a long day for the defense again. Offense looked great last week so hopefully our giant OL can wear them down and we can stay on the field.

scottyboy 09-05-2012 03:11 PM

home opener woooooo

BuckeyeDan17 09-05-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown (Post 3106088)
I wouldn't be surprised if the OSU UCF game is close.

I actually think their offensive philosophy plays into our hand. I like our starting defensive line against an i-formation oriented team. Goebel and Hankins should cause a lot of problems. Moreover I think they will look better since they wont be facing a quick release five receiver attack this week. They have more talent than Miami oh for sure though.

Cant say I disagree with you though. With our offense displaying signs of struggling early in games our defense could be on the field a lot in the first quarter or half. Love our depth though up front for situations like that.

If its close at the half I think we break it open late.

Interested in Florida v Texas am and Illinois Arizona.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.