Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   College Gameday Thread: Week 3 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53780)

draftguru151 09-10-2012 02:34 PM

College Gameday Thread: Week 3

Thursday night:
Rutgers vs USF (ESPN)

Friday night:
Washington State vs UNLV (ESPN)

Saturday noon:
Wake Forest vs #5 FSU (ESPN)
California vs #12 Ohio State (ABC)
#13 Virginia Tech vs Pittsburgh (ESPNU)
#16 TCU vs Kansas (FX)
Arkansas State vs Nebraska (ESPN2)

Saturday afternoon:
#1 Alabama vs Arkansas (CBS)
North Carolina vs #19 Louisville (ABC/ESPN2)
Navy vs Penn State (ABC/ESPN2)
Virginia vs Georgia Tech (ESPNU)

Saturday night:
#18 Florida vs #23 Tennessee (ESPN @ 6pm)
Western Kentucky vs Kentucky (ESPNU)
Arizona State vs Missouri (ESPN2)
#2 USC vs #21 Stanford (FOX)
#20 Notre Dame vs #10 Michigan State
#14 Texas vs Ole Miss (ESPN)
#25 BYU vs Utah (ESPN2)

Giantsfan1080 09-10-2012 02:38 PM

No one cares but a big early test for Rutgers on the road. I'm looking forward to it.

soybean 09-10-2012 02:39 PM

Whoo!! week three :D

Watch out for Arizona State vs. Missouri! I've said this a million times.

ASU scored 100 points in 2 weeks.

If Texas loses to Ole Miss... it's just going to give SEC honks more 'ammo' -_-

Cigaro 09-10-2012 02:43 PM

Better overall weekend for matchups.

Florida State better watch for Wake Forest; Wake Forest isn't particularly good, but they weren't last year either and still upset them.

Alabama and Arkansas looked in the preseason to be a marquee matchup, but John L. Smith has already done his usual magic to this team and they won't even have Wilson, predicting a blowout by Alabama.

Florida vs Tennessee will be a very interesting game, will provide a chance to more accurately gauge each teams overall quality.

USC vs Stanford could be good, but I haven't seen Stanford yet and am not sure how much they are riding the success of the recent seasons into obtaining their current rank. Notre Dame versus Michigan State should be a good one, though.

CashmoneyDrew 09-10-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soybean (Post 3112397)
If Texas loses to Ole Miss... it's just going to give SEC honks more 'ammo' -_-

Ole Miss doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell.

SickwithIt1010 09-10-2012 03:47 PM

Hopefully Michigan State just smacks the **** out of ND so that they lose that ranking that they never deserved in the first place.

hawkeye123 09-10-2012 03:50 PM

Can't wait to see how Arizona State does against Mizzou

sbh15 09-10-2012 07:45 PM

Florida wins if...

Gators run for 200+ as a team, control TOP
are at least +1 in the turnover margin
cut down on sacks allowed

saintsfan912 09-10-2012 08:16 PM

#2/#3 LSU is at home against Idaho.

MassNole 09-11-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigaro (Post 3112404)
Better overall weekend for matchups.

Florida State better watch for Wake Forest; Wake Forest isn't particularly good, but they weren't last year either and still upset them.

FSU has a healthy QB this year and their OL who couldn't move the ball on Liberty now gets to face a starting DL with 4 future NFL players. This game will resemble 2010 more than 2011.

jrdrylie 09-11-2012 11:22 AM

I'm hearing a bunch of chatter here in Alabama that there will be a big story concerning Auburn coming out this week, maybe as early as tomorrow. Not too many details, but it could possibly concern Cam Newton. If it is as serious as it sounds, Gene Chizik might be on his way out sonner than most expect.

tjsunstein 09-11-2012 11:28 AM

West Virginia back in action vs. JMU.

Hoping for another Penn State loss... Is that wrong? Pulling for ND and Tennessee, though.

Cigaro 09-11-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3113493)
I'm hearing a bunch of chatter here in Alabama that there will be a big story concerning Auburn coming out this week, maybe as early as tomorrow. Not too many details, but it could possibly concern Cam Newton. If it is as serious as it sounds, Gene Chizik might be on his way out sonner than most expect.

I probably wouldn't listen too much into what any Alabama fans are saying. That being said, with or without any breaking story, I could see Chizik out this year if he doesn't significantly turn around this team. The guy has done nothing without Cam Newton.

MassNole 09-11-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3113493)

Supposedly something big is going to break about the recruitment of Memphis area kids involving Auburn and Miss. State.

BuckeyeDan17 09-11-2012 11:40 AM

I hope we can improve our pass rush this week against Cal. Also, I don't want to see Braxton Miller with 16 rushing attempts at the half. Not sure if Jordan Hall will play but we could use a new dynamic to the offense with Carlos Hyde missing a couple weeks. Brionte Dunn hasn't looked too bad though.

I don't know anything about Cal though - haven't watch them, are they a legit threat? Any west coasters or cal fans want to provide any insight?

Cigaro 09-11-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassNole (Post 3113509)
Supposedly something big is going to break about the recruitment of Memphis area kids involving Auburn and Miss. State.

Is that supposed to include Newton too? He's from Georgia.

draftguru151 09-11-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 (Post 3113510)
I hope we can improve our pass rush this week against Cal. Also, I don't want to see Braxton Miller with 16 rushing attempts at the half. Not sure if Jordan Hall will play but we could use a new dynamic to the offense with Carlos Hyde missing a couple weeks. Brionte Dunn hasn't looked too bad though.

I don't know anything about Cal though - haven't watch them, are they a legit threat? Any west coasters or cal fans want to provide any insight?

They're really bad.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH 09-11-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 (Post 3113510)

Cal is awful. Our secondary is probably the worst in the nation, our QB looks like a high school JV player, and our coach is probably thinking about what he needs to make for dinner during the game. We almost lost to Southern Utah. Southern Utah. You guys shouldn't lose.

jrdrylie 09-11-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigaro (Post 3113507)
I probably wouldn't listen too much into what any Alabama fans are saying. That being said, with or without any breaking story, I could see Chizik out this year if he doesn't significantly turn around this team. The guy has done nothing without Cam Newton.

It's coming from journalists, not fan. The one I'm hearing it most from is actually a Florida graduate so it's not like he has a horse in the fight. And it does seem to be about players from Memphis.

SickwithIt1010 09-11-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassNole (Post 3113491)
FSU has a healthy QB this year and their OL who couldn't move the ball on Liberty now gets to face a starting DL with 4 future NFL players. This game will resemble 2010 more than 2011.

Yep, no chance at upsetting this juggernaut also known as Florida State.

Babylon 09-11-2012 01:00 PM

Washington vs Portland St.

Don James used to say you schedule a tough team a middle of the road team and a cupcake (my term) before you start your conferance play. Seems nowadays teams just want wins and could care less about tough teams. After getting trounced by LSU i can see why.

MassNole 09-11-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 (Post 3113566)
Yep, no chance at upsetting this juggernaut also known as Florida State.

Vegas doesn't seem to think so with a 26.5 point spread.

Raiderz4Life 09-11-2012 01:45 PM

Well Vegas says no upset. That's that FSU is 100%a guarantted to win. Thx Vegas.

SickwithIt1010 09-11-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassNole (Post 3113581)
Vegas doesn't seem to think so with a 26.5 point spread.

Yeah I mean USC was only 40+ point favorites when we lost to Stanford back in the day...Vegas sure called that one right.

What the hell am I thinking. I mean FSU has sure lived up to expectations the past couple years.

Bert Macklin 09-11-2012 09:01 PM

Damnit I'm the king of the wrong thread.