Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Mike Peterson: Bray Throws Like Tebow (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53824)

descendency 09-15-2012 09:25 PM

Mike Peterson: Bray Throws Like Tebow

Quote:

Tenn QB has a low delivery(like Tebow) but I don't hear anyone complaining #haters
https://twitter.com/mikepeterson53/s...35112578363392

Quote:

@roddywhiteTV it's the same low/slow delivery.
https://twitter.com/mikepeterson53/s...38425008951297

Do you hear that? It's the internet imploding.

CashmoneyDrew 09-15-2012 09:32 PM

His release is anything but slow. It is a bit side-armed though.

killa3312 09-15-2012 09:41 PM

He's really, really overrated. He quit out there today when the going got tough. It was quite embarrassing, actually.

Scott Wright 09-15-2012 09:45 PM

I am a little concerned about Bray's delivery as well.

Then I just watch Philip Rivers and I am less concerned.

Raiderz4Life 09-15-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killa3312 (Post 3117087)
He's really, really overrated. He quit out there today when the going got tough. It was quite embarrassing, actually.

I don't think so. He's rated about right. Kid with massive potential but a lot of question marks.

killa3312 09-15-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Wright (Post 3117091)

I'd be less concerned about his motion and more concerned about his head. Kid is a headcase.

descendency 09-15-2012 11:30 PM

He's definitely taken a fall on many boards since his impressive freshman season.

BigBanger 09-16-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

:facepalm:

This is the second draft related thread I have looked at. Comments like this... :facepalm:

Scott Wright 09-16-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBanger (Post 3117336)
:facepalm:

This is the second draft related thread I have looked at. Comments like this... :facepalm:

What? No Good? :o)

BigBanger 09-16-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Wright (Post 3117338)
What? No Good? :o)

Rivers has nothing to do with it. Nothing.

Maybe I've lost touch over the last couple years, this year more than ever, but I can't stand comments like these. It's a waste of time.

1) I liked Rivers more than any QB prospect I have ever seen.

2) Rivers was a great college QB and about as decorated as it gets.

3) Bray looks like he just flat out sucks.

4) Like I said, they have nothing to do with one another.

5) I can say, "Yeah, his throwing motion worries me. So I dusted off some old tape of Andre Woodson..."

EDIT: The QB from Kentucky with Matt Ryan & Brian Brohm... Can't remember if his first name was Andre.

Raiderz4Life 09-16-2012 12:51 AM

You completely missed that point. But that's Ok I guess.

BigBanger 09-16-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderz4life (Post 3117345)
You completely missed that point. But that's Ok I guess.

What? That every QB with a funky delivery is the next Philip Rivers?

And the white pass rushing DE from FSU is the Jared Allen clone.

No, I think I got it. Like, I said, this was the second draft related thread I've looked at. I see the same comparisons. Everyone is a future star player. I know the deal.

soybean 09-16-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBanger (Post 3117343)
Rivers has nothing to do with it. Nothing.

Maybe I've lost touch over the last couple years, this year more than ever, but I can't stand comments like these. It's a waste of time.

1) I liked Rivers more than any QB prospect I have ever seen.

2) Rivers was a great college QB and about as decorated as it gets.

3) Bray looks like he just flat out sucks.

4) Like I said, they have nothing to do with one another.

5) I can say, "Yeah, his throwing motion worries me. So I dusted off some old tape of Andre Woodson..."

EDIT: The QB from Kentucky with Matt Ryan & Brian Brohm... Can't remember if his first name was Andre.

Woodson.

Also, the entire thread is SOLELY about his throwing motion not him as a prospect or anything. The comparison started and stopped with how they both have unorthodox throwing motions.

Vikes99ej 09-16-2012 01:04 AM

If Ryan Tannehill can go in the first round then so can Tyler Bray.

BigBanger 09-16-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikes99ej (Post 3117357)

Hahaha. Ball breaker.

That was funny.

BigBanger 09-16-2012 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soybean (Post 3117356)
Woodson.

Also, the entire thread is SOLELY about his throwing motion not him as a prospect or anything.

Does his throwing motion have an effect on HIM as a prospect? You could debate that. If it does or doesn't. This thread could be more than just his throwing motion. The pros and/or cons of his throwing motion. Which will then develop more discussion.

But what does his comment mean? You watched Bray, and then watched Philip Rivers... you were worried about Bray's throwing motion and then you weren't, because you watched Rivers.

So....... does that mean Tyler Bray is going to be a Pro Bowl QB who averages 4,200 yard passing seasons? That he will routinely have a passer rating over 100? High completion percentage?

Or does it mean that throwing mechanics are not important in evaluating a QB prospect since Philip Rivers had success with a funky delivery? Are their mechanics the same? Different? What does it mean? What does Philip Rivers have to do with Tyler Bray? What does Rivers NFL success (implied) have to do with Bray? That Bray will be great? Good? Have no problems in the NFL? What does it mean? What is the point of mentioning Rivers? Why do we have to do this every single year?

Like I said, it's a waste of time. There's no opinion about Bray in that type of comment. Just as Vikes99ej humorously said, "If Ryan Tannehill can go in the first round then so can Tyler Bray." Another beloved comment used by message board members. What does one players draft status from a previous year have to do with the other? One sentence remarks are usually worthless. Two sentence remarks can be equally worthless.

descendency 09-16-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBanger (Post 3117343)

Andre Woodson.

norcalgsr 09-16-2012 04:42 AM

Bray has a bit of a baseball pitcher/outfielder motion. Tebow throws like a shotputter/javelin thrower.

Mechanically, Bray reminds me of Osweiler.

The thing with Bray is that, because he's so lanky and lacking muscle, he has to lean forward into release when he needs to put a little extra on the ball. This causes him to lose form at times.

bucfan12 09-16-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

I think there's a lot more to be concerned with besides Brays delivery.

bucfan12 09-16-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikes99ej (Post 3117357)

Yeah. Just trying to think what gm is going to be that stupid??? That's the million $$ question.

Babylon 09-16-2012 11:56 AM

I truly wasnt impressed with any of the trio of QBs i focused on yesterday: Bray, Barkely and Logan Thomas. As sometimes will have it you stumble on a real good one in the process and Jeff Driskel, soph, Florida has future high pick written all over him.

Raiderz4Life 09-16-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBanger (Post 3117355)
What? That every QB with a funky delivery is the next Philip Rivers?

And the white pass rushing DE from FSU is the Jared Allen clone.

No, I think I got it. Like, I said, this was the second draft related thread I've looked at. I see the same comparisons. Everyone is a future star player. I know the deal.

Yes that's exactly it. Gtdamn you're so good Sherlock.

Scott Wright 09-16-2012 02:39 PM

I don't think pointing out that another tall pocket passer with a funky delivery has been successful in the NFL is the equivalent of saying that Bray is the next Philip Rivers. Could it be a concern? Sure. Is it a death-knell and automatically a reason to downgrade Bray? No.

Leon Sandcastle 09-16-2012 03:06 PM

His 6'6 frame certainly helps right? I'd imagine if he was 6'2 it would be a bigger issue. Right?

Scott Wright 09-16-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wide Right (Post 3117920)
His 6'6 frame certainly helps right? I'd imagine if he was 6'2 it would be a bigger issue. Right?

Absolutely.