Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Ask Keak (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53827)

Simply Keak 09-16-2012 02:07 AM

Ask Keak

self explanatory

ask the guru any fantasy question you got.

who to start & sit,

if you should make a trade,

free agents,

come at me.

brat316 09-16-2012 02:12 AM

why did you make MJD hold out?

Simply Keak 09-16-2012 02:25 AM

this is an extremely serious thread.

please do not use it as as a playground for banter.

Caddy 09-16-2012 02:33 AM

Why is do you deserve your own thread when there is already a thread where people can go to ask for advice?

Simply Keak 09-16-2012 02:37 AM

why is do you gotta question me ?

i'm like your broker. u weigh my insights, our relationship will be based on the results.

u can go to that other thread to ask the masses if you like.

give it a shot. you'll be happy with the advice. i guarantee it.

holt_bruce81 09-16-2012 02:49 AM

My team...

QB: Eli Manning, Andrew Luck
RB: Chris Johnson, Ryan Mathews, Trent Richardson, Ryan Williams
WR: AJ Green, Torrey Smith, Brandon Lafell, DHB, Kevin Olgretree, Titus Young
TE: Coby Fleener, Jermaine Gresham
Def: Bengals

Going into week one I thought I had a really strong team that would just get stronger when Mathews returned from his injury. But, week one came, and pretty much my whole team besides AJ Green (started Gresham over Fleener for week one) had a horrible week.

Do you see any moves I should make? I've already dangled CJ out there but no one is biting now, as expected. Shame because I had a few offers for him before week one. I mean he did just rush for 4 total yards. I drafted Kevin Smith just to fill in that flex role for a week cuz I knew Mathews would be out, thought he'd be back by week two. I dropped Kevin Smith for Kevin Olgretee after week one. I figured Smith was going up against SF this week so he was probably going to do crappy, and after week two Leshoure would take the majority of the carries in Detroit.

I'm pretty sure the Fantasy gods hate me, I mean the dude I'm facing this week just picked up the Packers defense and they got him 29 points lol

Anyways my Line up for tomorrow:

QB: Eli
RBs: Chris Johnson, Trent Richardson
WRs: AJ Green, Torrey Smith
TE: Coby Fleener
Flex: Brandon Lafell
DEF: Bengals

- Starting Lafell at flex unless I hear Mathews is a go. I just love the matchup. I have a feeling Panthers/Saints is going to be a shootout. Trying to decide if I want to try and trade CJ after hopefully a few good games or see if he can continue.

Simply Keak 09-16-2012 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 (Post 3117426)
My team...

QB: Eli Manning, Andrew Luck
RB: Chris Johnson, Ryan Mathews, Trent Richardson, Ryan Williams
WR: AJ Green, Torrey Smith, Brandon Lafell, DHB, Kevin Olgretree, Titus Young
TE: Coby Fleener, Jermaine Gresham
Def: Bengals

Going into week one I thought I had a really strong team that would just get stronger when Mathews returned from his injury. But, week one came, and pretty much my whole team besides AJ Green (started Gresham over Fleener for week one) had a horrible week.

Do you see any moves I should make? I've already dangled CJ out there but no one is biting now, as expected. Shame because I had a few offers for him before week one. I mean he did just rush for 4 total yards. I drafted Kevin Smith just to fill in that flex role for a week cuz I knew Mathews would be out, thought he'd be back by week two. I dropped Kevin Smith for Kevin Olgretee after week one. I figured Smith was going up against SF this week so he was probably going to do crappy, and after week two Leshoure would take the majority of the carries in Detroit.

I'm pretty sure the Fantasy gods hate me, I mean the dude I'm facing this week just picked up the Packers defense and they got him 29 points lol

Anyways my Line up for tomorrow:

QB: Eli
RBs: Chris Johnson, Trent Richardson
WRs: AJ Green, Torrey Smith
TE: Coby Fleener
Flex: Brandon Lafell
DEF: Bengals

- Starting Lafell at flex unless I hear Mathews is a go. I just love the matchup. I have a feeling Panthers/Saints is going to be a shootout. Trying to decide if I want to try and trade CJ after hopefully a few good games or see if he can continue.

If I were you I would try to move either CJ or Trent .. not good to have your best RBs be on ****** teams that will be losing early in games.

Lafell could be a good flex option this weak against our weak defense ... wouldn't be surprised if he scores 11-12 pts. Your WR's are just ok.

Definitely switch your defense.

See if LeShoure is available in FA.

Fleener will probably get top 12 TE production so you're average there as well.

This seems like one of those teams that with some luck, can find a way to make the playoffs. Problem is you don't really stand out at any one position. Def. try to sell on Chris Johnson after a big game or Trent because they will NOT be consistent.

fenikz 09-16-2012 06:05 AM

Antonio Gates(Q) vs Ten
or
Martellus Bennett vs TB

1pt PPR

SuperPacker 09-16-2012 06:23 AM

Isnt FE the fantasy guru?

BaLLiN 09-16-2012 10:53 AM

Vick vs Baltimore

Luck vs Minnesota

Alex Smith vs Detroit

pick 1

its 25 pass yds=1 pt

10 rush yds=1pt

4 for pass td

6 for rush td

btw Chris Houston, Louis Delmas, and detroits other starting CB are out. I just hope that SF has to pass with Detroits good DL.

Simply Keak 09-16-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenikz (Post 3117434)
Antonio Gates(Q) vs Ten
or
Martellus Bennett vs TB

1pt PPR

If he suits up I'd go gates .. with no Mathews they will probly go to Gates more often. TB is a young, athletic defense and Gates is hobbled so he might not have the biggest game, but I'd like to see another good game out of Bennett before I bench Gates for him. I could see 65 yds and a TD.

Bennett will greatly benefit from the WR's on the edge and has potential for a big day, but week 1 he was held relatively in check until that late touchdown. I do like Bennett is a servicable back up with starter potential though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaLLiN (Post 3117525)
Vick vs Baltimore

Luck vs Minnesota

Alex Smith vs Detroit

pick 1

its 25 pass yds=1 pt

10 rush yds=1pt

4 for pass td

6 for rush td

btw Chris Houston, Louis Delmas, and detroits other starting CB are out. I just hope that SF has to pass with Detroits good DL.

Luck vs. Minny. Detroit and SF have dog fight written all over it. The Colts will use the run a lot more this week as it seems to be a more competitive game, but Luck will still throw 28+ times minimum. I could see around 260 yds, 2 TDs and a pick.

Bulldogs 09-16-2012 11:44 AM

FlyingElvis > Keak.

brat316 09-16-2012 11:48 AM

Answer my question

SuperPacker 09-16-2012 11:51 AM

Who appoints themselves as the 'guru', anyways? Shouldn't the people decide who the real guru is?

y.f.s. 11-02-2012 05:10 PM

When is MJD coming back?