Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minnesota Vikings Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Week 2: Vikings @ Colts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53829)

Vikes99ej 09-16-2012 12:30 PM

Week 2: Vikings @ Colts

Vikings defense looking piss-poor

Can't get to Luck at all against one of the best offensive lines in the league.

That's sarcasm by the way.

yo123 09-16-2012 12:37 PM

At least the offense looks pretty good even with a clearly dialed back gameplan for Ponder.

Defense....does not look good.

Vikes99ej 09-16-2012 12:44 PM

I <3 Harvin. I'd argue he is just as important to our team as AD is.

Vikes99ej 09-16-2012 12:57 PM

I don't know if it's because the WRs can't get open or what, but Ponder has not looked good at all so far.

djp 09-16-2012 01:33 PM

Need to get pressure any way we can on Luck

vikes_28 09-16-2012 01:39 PM

well, hopefully the offense will kick ass in the second half like they did last week...

vikes_28 09-16-2012 01:50 PM

How many more stupid penalties before we lose this game?

Vikes99ej 09-16-2012 01:50 PM

This team just blows my ******* mind. What a bunch of god damn amateurs.

vikes_28 09-16-2012 02:19 PM

these penalties are awful........

Vikes99ej 09-16-2012 03:16 PM

I am so god damn mother ******* sick of this zone scheme our stupid ******* coaching staff uses. Our secondary players are so stupid and so untalented. We get that touchdown and we promptly let the Colts stroll right on down the field to the game-winning field goal. I cannot ******* wait until Frazier is ****-canned and this dumb as **** defensive scheme goes with him. I am so pissed off right now. Our secondary makes any, ANY quarterback look like a superstar.

vikes_28 09-16-2012 03:19 PM

valiant effort. But not enough. Our defense is just awful.

prock 09-16-2012 03:38 PM

Our defense was great in the second half until we played ******* prevent and let them get a FG. We just didn't deserve to win, we looked like dogshit all day.

marshallb 09-16-2012 08:02 PM

They looked the same this week as they did last week, just happened to be a different result. The talented players showed up and looked great, but our weaknesses showed up just as big, and this time it cost us. That as well as a bunch of stupid penalties, in addition to some really poor calls really hurt us.

I don't want to hear any of this gotta "go down the field with the pass more" ******** that the announcers kept saying as well as my dad consistently pleading for. Yes, it would be nice to attack deep, but they tried that several times and it didn't work. I remember at least three times that they tried going deep after a play action in which no one could get open and Ponder had to try and scramble after the protection eventually broke down. One of the other times they tried going deep Harvin got called for pass interference when he got ran into. Harvin and maybe Rudolph are the only guys who can get open against man coverage, which was the same problem last year. Maybe that will change once Simpson gets back from his suspension, and I sure as hell hope it does.

The run D was much better this week, but the pass D was just as flawed. For a team that had 50 sacks last year, this year's team had been unable to get pressure on the QB more than sporadically, and with a secondary that is still massively flawed(but does appear improved), that's gonna make the pass D look even worse.

Prock said it best, with as idiotic and poorly as they played for the majority, there was no way they deserved to win that game.

EDIT: I gotta give some props to Ponder again. With the complete inability to go down the field, he did a damn good job. Other than one misfire to Harvin where it looked like the ball just sailed on him, he was accurate all day and was marching the team up and down the field in the first half before a mistake would kill the drive and would have to settle for a field goal or knock them out of field goal range. Despite being down 14 in the fourth quarter, he led them back and got the game tied again before the defense gave up the late field goal. I've been impressed with him so far.

vikes_28 09-16-2012 09:42 PM

Agreed. I'm very impressed with Ponder this year. Once we get some decent targets I can't wait to see what he can do.

General Zod 09-17-2012 11:43 AM

Well, I had a good time at the game. Of course I wish the results were different. What I saw was basically what everyone else did. And to top it off, the officiating in this game was god awful. More with the missed called then the bad ones that were made. The Colts line where mugging Allen on just about every play. Of course Im not blaming that on why we lost. Some of my obsevations..

We have no receivers outside of Percy Harvin. Everyone was bitching about Ponder not going down field. People there was NOBODY open down field.

Ponder is not the problem with the offense. He did make a couple bad decisions of trying to squeeze the ball into coverage. This was later in the game. More then likely because he was probably trying to make something happen. Other then that he played a good game.

Percy Harvin is a stud. Seeing him in person, you see this little guy with a small frame. Then you get him out on the field and he plays so fast. Its obvious that the Vikes are using him a lot more this year. Im just hoping they dont run him into the ground. He was cramping toward the end of the game. But it was probably because that he was in on every offensive snap.

And I know it might not mean much during game time, but Blair Walsh was constantly nailing +60 yard FGs during warm ups. And I dont mean barely, clearing it with room. The guy can flat destroy a pigskin lol I hope that he works out for the Vikes. So far so good.

And quickies...

Jared Allen got a pretty good bald spot going.

Phil Loadholt is huge.

Josh Robinson likes to dance.

Kluwe was talking to a lot of fans in purple, smiles a lot, seems like a cool guy.

Lucas Oil Stadium is pretty awesome. It was a gorgeous day and they had the roof open. It just sucks I had to pay $4.00 for a bottle of Coke. lol

Some pics..

The Dynasty 09-17-2012 06:28 PM

Im pretty much going to reiterate what most of you guys have already said.

Percy Harvin is only receiving threat right now. Im excited to see how Jerome Simpson performs when he comes back. If he can be the deep threat we are looking for then we might become a little dangerous.

Ponder to Rudolph is gonna be a combo we are going to see for a long time. Ponder is really coming into his own and showing progress. Him being able to bring us back from 14 down is showing some promise moving forward. I like what I'm seeing on Offense.

As for Defense.. Its terrible. Our Secondary is still an eye sore and I just hate watching when we are on defense. I can't even tell you the last time we had an INT. Our rush defense yesterday was looking good though. I like Erin Henderson and Greenway's play so far. Still unsure about Brinkley.