Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   ‘I need you for my fantasy team’ (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53853)

Bert Macklin 09-18-2012 01:56 PM

‘I need you for my fantasy team’

These refs need to go.

Quote:

“During the game, they made like a bad call or something, the ref, and I see Ray Lewis like pump his chest up, trying to scare him,” LeSean McCoy told 94WIP’s Anthony Gargano and Ike Reese on the 94WIP Player’s Lounge on Monday. “Don’t you know [the ref] started stuttering? I’m like ‘what’s this?!’”

The NFL removed one referee this weekend when it was discovered that the replacement official was a New Orleans Saints fan, and had pictures of himself in Saints gear on his Facebook page.

“They’re like fans, kind of though,” McCoy said. “I’ll be honest, they’re like fans. One of the refs was talking about his fantasy team, like ‘McCoy, come on, I need you for my fantasy,’ ahhh, what?!”
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...y-fantasy-team

abaddon41_80 09-18-2012 02:13 PM

I don't see this as a big deal. It wouldn't surprise me if the regular refs played fantasy football and joked around with the players about it during games.

Eazy Picks 09-18-2012 02:55 PM

dont care so much about the fantasy team deal, but the thing about ray lewis puffing his chest up I think is a big deal.

The biggest problem I see with the replacement refs to this point is that they are clearly intimidated by players and coaches and actually get bullied into making calls. Ive been seeing a lot of late flags after guys lobby for them.

tjsunstein 09-18-2012 04:21 PM

These officials dont belong in the NFL, they're not professionals compared to the regulars. This is a job. These guys are fans out there that happen to know the rules.

Bert Macklin 09-18-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eazy Picks (Post 3120691)
The biggest problem I see with the replacement refs to this point is that they are clearly intimidated by players and coaches and actually get bullied into making calls. Ive been seeing a lot of late flags after guys lobby for them.

my #1 pet peeve. I don't mind a bad call just make the call you believe in.

MetSox17 09-18-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 (Post 3120659)
I don't see this as a big deal. It wouldn't surprise me if the regular refs played fantasy football and joked around with the players about it during games.

Are you kidding? It's a huge deal. There's a conflict of interest when you're have a stake in the outcome of the game. Regular refs are involved very little with football outside of it being their job. They aren't buddy buddy with the players.

abaddon41_80 09-18-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetSox17 (Post 3120780)
Are you kidding? It's a huge deal. There's a conflict of interest when you're have a stake in the outcome of the game. Regular refs are involved very little with football outside of it being their job. They aren't buddy buddy with the players.

Everyone and their mother plays fantasy football at this point, coaches and players included. I seriously doubt that none of the regular refs played it. As long as it isn't a pay league I am okay with it

Giantsfan1080 09-18-2012 05:07 PM

Also the ref was probably joking anyway. Other players in the league play fantasy football also but no one ever brought that up.

Eazy Picks 09-18-2012 05:26 PM

yeah i dont see fantasy football as a real conflict of interest. if it was some high stakes league ok thats an issue, but most leagues are for free or just a couple bucks to make it a lil interesting

SuperMcGee 09-18-2012 05:48 PM

I envision Shane in a league, not too far in the future, where weekly losers partake in russian roulette. Whether he loses on purpose, well, only Shane knows that for sure.

ChiFan24 09-18-2012 06:21 PM

This isn't a big deal at all.

tjsunstein 09-18-2012 08:13 PM

Could this be the start of the players publically calling out the replacment refs until the real ones get back? I cant help but to think that the players are going to start abusing these refs even more each week until the NFL folds.