Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minnesota Vikings Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Week 3: Niners @ Vikings (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53908)

Vikes99ej 09-23-2012 12:37 PM

Week 3: Niners @ Vikings

Good start so far.

General Zod 09-23-2012 12:54 PM

Id love to see what Ponder could do with some decent WRs.

Vikes99ej 09-23-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Zod (Post 3125036)
Id love to see what Ponder could do with some decent WRs.

Simpson comes back next week.

prock 09-23-2012 01:14 PM

I have a huge Ponder boner. This game has been fun as hell. But Jared needs to get a ******* sack. After that bull **** offsides call on his sack in week one he has just lost it.

prock 09-23-2012 01:16 PM

I was just saying to my roommates how awesome we are going to be be at blocking kicks this year. This is the most fun I have had watching a football game since 09.

Vikes99ej 09-23-2012 01:25 PM

Keep it strong boys. This second half is where we usually fell apart last season.

General Zod 09-23-2012 01:25 PM

Blair Walsh is the ******* man....lol

Vikes99ej 09-23-2012 01:53 PM

Yep, our defense has gone in full prevent mode.

vikes_28 09-23-2012 02:31 PM

Ponder is having a hell of a game. This guy is definitely the future.

prock 09-23-2012 03:27 PM

Oh my god that was incredible.

Vikes99ej 09-23-2012 03:45 PM

Besides the refs, I honestly cannot think of a single negative from today's game. Maybe our third down defense, but that's it.

marshallb 09-23-2012 03:50 PM

An incredibly well played game all around up until the very end when Toby started coughing it up and the officials just botched the rules entirely. Toby's first fumble looked like ********, but the other two were terrible on his part.

Ponder played great the entire game other than his one pass that should have been picked off when Jenkins slipped. The defense played very well.

The Vikings were the more physical team, which doesn't often happen with the 9ers under Harbaugh.

For the most part, I thought the officials did a pretty good job, but they missed a few things, including a false start/illegal motion penalty on the Davis TD when the extra lineman was moving forward at the snap EDIT: and the Gore fumble that had to be challenged. Then you just have the absolute debacle at the end where the officials had absolutely zero understanding of the rules. And then I read this:

Quote:

Tom Pelissero
‏@TomPelissero
The officials' den mother just came onto the field to tell them 49ers can't challenge without a timeout. No(w?) officials arguing among selves.
Quote:

Tom Pelissero
‏@TomPelissero
One of the officials just came over and physical pulled ref Ken Roan away from booth. Another official then pushed him away. High comedy.
Just terrible, it made the game take at least 15 minutes longer than it should have. It's beyond time to get the regular officials back in. They're far from perfect, but at least they understand the rules.

yo123 09-23-2012 03:55 PM

Out of all the linebackers I've watched this year, Chad Greenway has played the best. What a stud that guy is, he's taken his game to another level this year.

And good ******* god, you can't be that bad at your job. I don't care if they're replacement refs. You have to know the ******* rules.

marshallb 09-23-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikes99ej (Post 3125950)
Besides the refs, I honestly cannot think of a single negative from today's game. Maybe our third down defense, but that's it.

Yea, but even that improved as the game went on. In the first half the 9ers were doing well on 3rd down, but that got better as the game went on and they ended up only 4-10 on third downs, which is better than the 16-34 the Jags and Colts were.

I'd say Toby all of a sudden developing a fumbling problem was a negative, although like I said before, the first one looked like ********, especially since it shouldn't have been reviewed and then shouldn't have been overturned since the whistle had blown long before the ball had come out.

marshallb 09-23-2012 04:20 PM

Well, not that it matters anymore and didn't affect the outcome, but at least the official admitted he ****** up:

Quote:

Jon Krawczynski
‏@APkrawczynski
Referee Ken Roan says he mistakenly awarded Harbaugh both challenges. Says Harbaugh called final TO first, then challenged. Roan's mistake

vikes_28 09-23-2012 05:26 PM

I just thought I'd reiterate....Christian Ponder is the ******* man.

The Dynasty 09-23-2012 05:29 PM

Great Game today guys. I thought we were going to get killed today but Ponder looked really good today. Rudolph and Him are going to be deadly in the coming years. The only negative thing I have to say is WTF is up with Gerhart? 3 fumbles in a matter of a minute? The 2nd one thank god he recovered it. But wtf was Frazier thinking continuing running with him when he clearly couldnt hold on to the ball. But Great defense of performance and offense performance today.

marshallb 09-23-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dynasty (Post 3126323)
Great Game today guys. I thought we were going to get killed today but Ponder looked really good today. Rudolph and Him are going to be deadly in the coming years. The only negative thing I have to say is WTF is up with Gerhart? 3 fumbles in a matter of a minute? The 2nd one thank god he recovered it. But wtf was Frazier thinking continuing running with him when he clearly couldnt hold on to the ball. But Great defense of performance and offense performance today.

Meh, the first one was ******** as the whistle had clearly blown, but whatever...I was glad that Frazier tried to stick with him. You gotta show some faith in the guy. It's a 16 game season and they're gonna need him even with Peterson being healthy.

One negative I had came up with was the special teams coverage, which was absolutely ****.

The Dynasty 09-23-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshallb (Post 3126815)
Meh, the first one was ******** as the whistle had clearly blown, but whatever...I was glad that Frazier tried to stick with him. You gotta show some faith in the guy. It's a 16 game season and they're gonna need him even with Peterson being healthy.

One negative I had came up with was the special teams coverage, which was absolutely ****.

Yeah i understand having faith in the kid but after the 2nd fumble, get him out of there. But yeah our Special Team coverage was horrible.