Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Quick Mock (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53947)

AntoinCD 09-26-2012 12:31 PM

Quick Mock

Standings taken from ESPN Power Rankings

1. Cleveland Browns select Geno Smith, QB West Virginia

2. Indianapolis Colts select Jarvis Jones, OLB Georgia

3. Jacksonville Jaguars select Star Lotulelei, DT Utah

4. Miami Dolphins select Justin Hunter, WR Tennessee

5. New Orleans Saints select Barkevious Mingo, DE LSU

6. Oakland Raiders select Matt Barkley, QB USC

7. Kansas City Chiefs select Tyler Wilson, QB Arkansas

8. St Louis Rams select Keenan Allen, WR Cal

9. Tennessee Titans select Bjoern Werner, DE Florida State

10. Carolina Panthers select Jonathan Hankins, DT Ohio State

11. St Louis Rams f/Washington Redskins select Luke Joeckel, OT Texas A&M

12. Minnesota Vikings select Dee Milliner, CB Alabama

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Manti Te’o, LB Notre Dame

14. Buffalo Bills select Logan Thomas, QB Virginia Tech

15. Detroit Lions select David Amerson, CB NC State

16. New York Jets select Marcus Lattimore, RB South Carolina

17. Pittsburgh Steelers select Xavier Rhodes, CB Florida State

18. Cincinnati Bengals select Eric Reid, S LSU

19. Denver Broncos select Jonathon Banks, CB Mississippi State

20. San Diego Chargers select Taylor Lewan, OT Michigan

21. Dallas Cowboys select Chance Warmack, OG Alabama

22. Chicago Bears select Jake Matthews, OT Texas A&M

23. Seattle Seahawks select Robert Woods, WR USC

24. Philadelphia Eagles select TJ McDonald, S USC

25. New England Patriots select Da’Rick Rogers, WR Tennessee Tech

26. Green Bay Packers select Barrett Jones, OL Alabama

27. New York Giants select Tyler Eifert, TE Notre Dame

28. Arizona Cardinals select Jackson Jeffcoat, DE/OLB Texas

29. San Francisco 49ers select John Jenkins, DT Georgia

30. Baltimore Ravens select Sam Montgomery, DE LSU

31. Atlanta Falcons select Michael Buchanan, DE Illinois

32. Houston Texans select Terrance Williams, WR Baylor

vidae 09-26-2012 12:32 PM

If we can't have Geno then I'll settle for Tyler Wilson. Good KC mock.

Don Vito 09-26-2012 12:42 PM

Da'Rick Rogers is a beast. Barrett jones is exactly what we need for the OL and Sam montgomery will be a star, but Da'Rick Rogers has an Andre Johnson/TO type of ceiling. Give him to Brady for a few years, Tom deserves him.

AntoinCD 09-26-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 3130403)
Da'Rick Rogers is a beast. Barrett jones is exactly what we need for the OL and Sam montgomery will be a star, but Da'Rick Rogers has an Andre Johnson/TO type of ceiling. Give him to Brady for a few years, Tom deserves him.

Yeah, I think right now It's a bit of a pipe dream thinking BB will use a first rounder on a WR, specifically one with Rogers' history, however we never thought he would use a premium pick on a pass rusher, let alone trade up to use one on a pass rusher. So this is a dream pick right now, although Jones would be solid and a Montgomery/Chandler Jones tandem at end would be great too

killxswitch 09-26-2012 12:56 PM

I love me some Jarvis Jones. I'm sad that Freeney obviously isn't going to work out as an OLB, but Jones seems tailor-made for that position. I kind of wish he was a bit taller but that isn't even a knock, just nit-picking.

ChicagoBearsVet23 09-26-2012 01:17 PM

Perfect Bears pick

saintsfan912 09-26-2012 01:36 PM

Mingo is more of a 3-4 OLB. Would rather trade down and take a OT or Montgomery/Reid.

Brown Leader 09-26-2012 01:43 PM

Pump the brakes on Geno. #1 overall? Heisman winner but I don't see him being the first player taken. And I hate having to defend Weeden but he hasn't been awful enough thru 3 to project (anymore) the Browns will take a QB again.

AntoinCD 09-26-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brown Leader (Post 3130464)
Pump the brakes on Geno. #1 overall? Heisman winner but I don't see him being the first player taken. And I hate having to defend Weeden but he hasn't been awful enough thru 3 to project (anymore) the Browns will take a QB again.

Here's my logic on both issues you have, and I understand where you are coming from on both.

On Smith, it is a projection at the moment, however the crop of draft eligible QBs this year is not great at the top end. There is no Andrew Luck, Matthew Stafford etc. However Smith has shown first of all he is accurate, can make the throws and can stand tough in the pocket. Barkley will get ripped to shreds in the offseason based on previous failures of USC QBs, the amount of talent around him, his lack of ideal measureables and the fact he hasn't been able to beat Stanford his whole college career. Of all the draft eligible QBs, I believe Smith has the best shot of going first overall.

As for Weeden, I agree and I was actually someone who liked him in the draft process this year. However, if the Browns pick first they will have a new front office to go along with their new owner. There is no possible way Holmgren and Shurmur stay if they pick first. The old adage of new coach, new QB is played out quite a lot, however what new coach or GM will come in and be willing to hang their hat on a 29 year second year player who may or may not be maxed out? Conventional wisdom says they would roll the dice on a new QB to give themselves more time to play with. Plus, if Weeden does do enough to show he can be the guy then i don't think the Browns will be picking first overall.

TACKLE 09-26-2012 03:21 PM

Ravens are going to be a tricky team to project this year because, not to sound cocky, we have very few immediate needs. Can't go wrong with BPA and you know what they say about having enough good pass rushers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3130398)

If I were you, I wouldn't mind 'settling' for the best QB in this draft (by a good margin) either.

coordinator0 09-26-2012 04:57 PM

Yeah with the Ravens they probably aren't going to have to address any glaring holes but I think the most likely pick in the first round will be the best defensive player available that's not a NT or CB. Another pass-rusher would be nice even though Suggs will be back.

OSUGiants17 09-26-2012 05:26 PM

With the emergence of Bennett, Eifert makes no sense. I would much prefer Jeffcoat, Buchanan, Kawann Short, or Ricky Wagner. OT and DL are our biggest needs by far. We are thin at DT, and we will lose Osi to FA next offseason, while our OL continues to be mediocre at best

Pat Sims 90 09-26-2012 05:40 PM

I hope the Bengals actually draft a Safety high this year.

Don Vito 09-26-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TACKLE (Post 3130564)
Ravens are going to be a tricky team to project this year because, not to sound cocky, we have very few immediate needs. Can't go wrong with BPA and you know what they say about having enough good pass rushers.

If I were you, I wouldn't mind 'settling' for the best QB in this draft (by a good margin) either.

I think you guys could use a safety, de/olb like Montgomery, maybe an inside backer, or another receiver. Solid all round team no doubt but I think you could definitely upgrade a few of those spots. A lot of that comes from my hatred of Bernard pollard and the rest of it is just a question of age at certain spots. Is there a plan for when Matt birk leaves either?

As far as de/olb goes, not really a need but I couldn't see ozzie passing on a guy like Montgomery. Kruger is ok, I think upshaw will be good there, and then there's Suggs who although he look like a fatAss will be dominant again I'm sure.

T-RICH49 09-26-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3130398)

hat he said. Nice KC pick

Robcards 09-27-2012 01:36 AM

Geno #1 is definitely a possibility. Browns would likely have to fire a lot of staff for drafting a qb first to make sense though, namely holmgren.

Love the Jets pick though! With Revis out it seems more likely that we miss the playoffs and have a pick high enough for Lattimore. What a stud if he stays healthy

ArkyRamsFan 09-27-2012 01:34 PM

AntoinCD

I'm lovin' Keenan Allen and Luke Joeckel. This would make for a perfect first round for the Rams.

princefielder28 09-27-2012 01:40 PM

Barrett Jones #winning

Raiderz4Life 09-27-2012 02:23 PM

Oakland gets Barkely at 6?

SickwithIt1010 09-27-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brown Leader (Post 3130464)

A QB from the same offense nonetheless.

fenikz 09-28-2012 12:02 AM

I'll cry if we don't go O-line late 1st

wicket 09-28-2012 02:44 PM

chance warmack for the saints please

AntoinCD 09-28-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 3132319)
chance warmack for the saints please

At #5??? I would be willing to bet anything that an interior offensive lineman does not go that high for the forseeable future

wicket 09-28-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3132323)
At #5??? I would be willing to bet anything that an interior offensive lineman does not go that high for the forseeable future

i know it seems like a reach, but losing nicks has just screwed up our offensive system, brees isnt able to step up in the pocket like he used to and warmack is an unreal talent at the position so whilst it seems reachy it would be my ideal pick at that point

vidae 09-28-2012 02:51 PM

You replaced Nicks with Ben Grubbs though, who is very good in his own right. Is that really the issue with the offense? That would really surprise me.