Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Who is the most underrated defensive player on your team? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53949)

Ness 09-26-2012 04:43 PM

Who is the most underrated defensive player on your team?

My pick is Ahmad Brooks. Doesn't get talked about nearly enough via the mainstream media, but is a very good OLB in our 3-4 defense.

bigbluedefense 09-26-2012 04:45 PM

Kenny Phillips.

Other than Earl Thomas and maybe Ed Reed, no one plays the post better than Kenny Phillips.

coordinator0 09-26-2012 04:47 PM

For the Ravens I'd have to say Bernard Pollard. I really like what he's done since signing with the team last year and he actually hasn't been atrocious in coverage. That dude gives the secondary a hard edge like we haven't seen since before Landry hurt his neck a few years back.

BeerBaron 09-26-2012 04:48 PM

Probably Henry Melton. Statistically, he only looks average to maybe slightly above average, but him penetrating up the middle leads to a raise in the level of play for the rest of the defense.

SuperPacker 09-26-2012 04:50 PM

Ryan Pickett.

AntoinCD 09-26-2012 04:56 PM

Ridiculously enough probably Vince Wilfork. Without Wilfork this team would be poor against the run and for a guy who is a prototypical NT he plays under tackle and defensive end against the pass really well. I cannot speak highly enough of the guy. He has the ability to take over a game and consistently makes those around him look good. It's hard to say such a well respected guy is underrated but I think Wilfork has been one of the top 5 defensive linemen in the league for the last 3 years

Don Vito 09-26-2012 04:57 PM

For the pats I would say Kyle Love. Wilfork gets a ton of praise, and it is deserved, but Love has emerged as a force.

Edit-antoin I see where you are coming from, wilfork is THAT important to our defense and some people might not realize it. But I'm still saying Love just because he has improved so much and is a monster against the run who can generate Pressure in the passing game and is always hustling all over the field, very quick for a refridgerator.

The Alex 09-26-2012 05:00 PM

Not Michael Griffin.

Brothgar 09-26-2012 05:26 PM

For the Lions I'd have to say DeAndre Leavy he's not an all pro but is the best one on the Lions that isn't talked about much.

armageddon 09-26-2012 05:29 PM

Cortland Finnegan. The dude can play. He brings attitude too. Plus, it's nice he will mentor rookie CB's Jenoris Jenkins and Jermaine Johnson.

Pat Sims 90 09-26-2012 05:32 PM

Toss up between Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins.

cmarq83 09-26-2012 05:34 PM

I agree with the Love comment. While nowhere near as versatile as Wilfork, he's been seemingly just as good over the past 12 or so games. Granted both played horrendously on Sunday night.

Legacy 09-26-2012 05:48 PM

Michael Bennett for the Buccaneers.

7 tackles, 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles in 3 games and he's been solid against the run, too.

Not bad for a guy who many thought was going to be supplanted by Da'Quan Bowers this season.

BucSquad 09-26-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legacy (Post 3130637)
Michael Bennett for the Buccaneers.

7 tackles, 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles in 3 games and he's been solid against the run, too.

Not bad for a guy who many thought was going to be supplanted by Da'Quan Bowers this season.

Was just about to metion him.

Mason Foster has been playing great so far.

And of course McCoy is a beast when healthy.

XxXdragonXxX 09-26-2012 05:55 PM

It was Chris Clemons, but after his MNF performance he'll start to get more recognition. Maybe Richard Sherman or Alan Branch.

Smooth Criminal 09-26-2012 05:59 PM

Hard call on the Steelers. Lots of players get the attention they deserve, if not more. I'd go with Ryan Clark I guess. He's been a big time player, but Troy of course takes the attention away.

BuckeyeDan17 09-26-2012 06:04 PM

Billy Winn has been a nice 6th round steal, he generates a decent rush thus far, plays the run solidly and Jauron is even dropping him into coverage where he batted a few passes against Buffalo. Excited to see the magnitude of his progression as a player.

Bulldogs 09-26-2012 06:04 PM

Probably William Moore, having a Pro Bowl year thus far.

Prowler 09-26-2012 06:21 PM

Sammie Lee Hill? If he counts as underrated. He occupies space extremely well and is pretty athletic. He's probably been our most consistent DT this year. He doesn't have the sack count, but he gets pressures and frees everyone else up.

Pit Bull #53 09-26-2012 06:27 PM

Akeem Ayers. Colin McCarthy makes more splash plays (provided hes actually healthy) but Ayers does it all. He looks fluid in coverage, makes open field tackles, can rush the passer, and knows how to set the edge.

yo123 09-26-2012 06:33 PM

Chad Greenway. There isn't a linebacker in the league that's played better through the first 3 weeks.

Rosebud 09-26-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3130609)
Kenny Phillips.

Other than Earl Thomas and maybe Ed Reed, no one plays the post better than Kenny Phillips.

It's one of Kenny, Webster and Rolle. Kenny as you said is one of hte best deep safeties you'll find, Webster's just damn good against everybody but huge freak WRs and Rolle's versatility as a safety really is astounding. Those three have been huge for our defense over the past few years and I loathe the day that Webster's age catches up with him and we let one of the safeties walk.

fenikz 09-26-2012 07:01 PM

While Calais Campbell, Patrick Peterson and Daryl Washington are underrated I would have to go with Sam Acho. He is just such an intelligent football player, knows how to set the edge, always is sniffing out screens and is simply just always in the right position.

Brothgar 09-26-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 3130652)
Sammie Lee Hill? If he counts as underrated. He occupies space extremely well and is pretty athletic. He's probably been our most consistent DT this year. He doesn't have the sack count, but he gets pressures and frees everyone else up.

That's a good one forgot about Sammie. Willie Young could be in that set as well.

Splat 09-26-2012 07:08 PM

Justin Houston.