Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Dream Pick for Your Team? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53957)

Caulibflower 09-27-2012 06:42 PM

Dream Pick for Your Team?

This isn't "who would you pick first overall?" and it's not "try to guess who your team will really pick." If you could simply pick a player you'd love to see on your team next year, setting aside considerations of the value of draft slots versus a player's perceived stock, who would it be?

For myself, I'm not sure there's a player who'd fit better on our team and address a more obvious need than Keenan Allen. I'm not calling him the number one overall prospect, and I'm not really even interested in whether he's the "best receiver," but he's exactly what the Seahawks need right now, and he's jumped off the screen at me pretty much whenever I've watched Cal play since last year.

Pat Sims 90 09-27-2012 07:14 PM

A Safety or Corner does not matter. The Bengals secondary is old and slow.

rawdawg 09-27-2012 07:16 PM

Tough choice as a Bears fan. Ideally, it'd be a LT. But the Bears need a LG also. And I like Chance Warmack more than any of the OTs in this draft. Barrett Jones would be interesting too based on the off chance he could actually play LT in the NFL (which I doubt) and I think you still get a really strong interior OL in him worst case.

YAYareaRB 09-27-2012 07:21 PM

Keenan Allen WR, Cal

Caulibflower 09-27-2012 07:47 PM

Also, why is there a Cal player I want every freaking year? Cameron Jordan was one of my favorite prospects a couple of years ago and went the pick before ours, and Mychal Kendricks was my favorite linebacker this year and again went off the board right before our pick came around (albeit in the second round). And now Keenan Allen is the player I want to come to Seattle. The last two years, those guys were guys I might've named in a list like this, because they fit the team's scheme and needs so well. Uncanny. I'm not any kind of Cal fan, either.

soybean 09-27-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulibflower (Post 3131562)
Also, why is there a Cal player I want every freaking year? Cameron Jordan was one of my favorite prospects a couple of years ago and went the pick before ours, and Mychal Kendricks was my favorite linebacker this year and again went off the board right before our pick came around (albeit in the second round). And now Keenan Allen is the player I want to come to Seattle. The last two years, those guys were guys I might've named in a list like this, because they fit the team's scheme and needs so well. Uncanny. I'm not any kind of Cal fan, either.

Cal surprisingly puts out a lot of studs: Aaron Rodgers, Lynch, Brandon Mebane, Desmond Bishop, Thomas Decoud, Desean, Nmamdi.

Such an under performing college team though.

Don Vito 09-27-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soybean (Post 3131568)
Cal surprisingly puts out a lot of studs: Aaron Rodgers, Lynch, Brandon Mebane, Desmond Bishop, Thomas Decoud, Desean, Nmamdi.

That kind of sounds like Ole Miss, we will put some pretty good players into the NFL but they seem to blossom in the NFL.

Dream pick for the Pats is a tough since there are a lot of prospects I would love the Pats to add, if I had to pick one I would go with Jarvis Jones. Get him and chandler off the edge for the future. Close behind would be lotulelei.

K Train 09-27-2012 08:17 PM

Manti <333

SickwithIt1010 09-27-2012 08:22 PM

Eric Reid

If we tank I would be allllll for taking the BPA out of Barkley/Wilson/Smith

RaiderNation 09-27-2012 11:15 PM

A pass rusher would be a great addition, Jones/Mingo/Werner would make me very happy.

vidae 09-27-2012 11:17 PM

Tyler Wilson or Geno Smith

Duffman57 09-27-2012 11:30 PM

I guess Mingo/Jones. I'm not sure for the Chargers though. OT and CB are probably our top needs, and all the OT/CB's are mid 1st round guys. OLB's a secondary need, but with a stud pass rusher on the board it may be too hard to pass up.

CashmoneyDrew 09-28-2012 12:02 AM

Any interior offensive lineman with a pulse. Or any safety with a pulse. Or maybe even Jarvis Jones.

I'll have a good shot at being happy during this year's draft.

DcmRulz 09-28-2012 12:35 AM

Jonathan Banks. Our vikings secondary is like a bone-dry forest in the middle of a summer in Vegas.

TitanHope 09-28-2012 02:42 AM

Barrett Jones, Eric Reid, Star Lotulelei, or Bjoern Werner.

bucfan12 09-28-2012 08:51 AM

Jonathan Banks for the bucs and Aaron Murray in round 2 :)

Halsey 09-28-2012 09:48 AM

Mine is easy. I won't even type his name.

killxswitch 09-28-2012 10:02 AM

For me it's a 3 way tie between Jarvis Jones, Star Lotulelei, and Chance Warmack. The first two would be bigger individual difference-makers, but Warmack would solve several OL problems and give Luck an actual pocket, and maybe even a run game to rely on.

DiG 09-28-2012 10:05 AM

Id love to see David Amerson or Johnthan Banks slip to the Skins 2nd round pick. A lot of other underclassman corners I like too so it'll depend on who declares. I actually really like this years corner class so I'm optimistic.

LonghornsLegend 09-28-2012 10:33 AM

Eric Reid easily. I get pleasured thinking about adding him into our secondary.

YAYareaRB 09-28-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soybean (Post 3131568)

definitely cant knock tedford's recruiting.

Raiderz4Life 09-29-2012 12:13 AM

Barkley or Wilson.

holt_bruce81 09-29-2012 12:51 AM

Luke Joekel, OT, Texas A&M
Chance Warmack OG, Alabama

Fix the O-Line once and for all.

T-RICH49 09-29-2012 02:15 AM

any QB NOT named Landry Jones

Pit Bull #53 09-29-2012 03:14 AM

Eric Reid, Chance Warmack, Barrett Jones. Haven't watched the DTs much this year, but if Lotulelei or Hankins are in the Ngata/Dareus/Suh/McCoy class as prospects, then I'd add either of them as well.