Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Week 5: Ravens AT Chiefs (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54051)

vidae 10-06-2012 12:17 PM

Week 5: Ravens AT Chiefs

Discuss the upcoming game against the Ravens here.

I cannot go to this game because I am still sick, but I don't think that is a bad thing. This could get ugly fast.

Splat 10-06-2012 12:33 PM

47 - 10 Ravens

Four turnovers for Cassel 2 ints and 2 fumbles. Brady Quinn comes in late in the 4th quarter and doesn't look any better.

Raiderz4Life 10-06-2012 12:40 PM

BoneKrusher 10-06-2012 03:45 PM

so what do you guys think about the flyover tomorrow?

vidae 10-06-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 3141173)

I don't like it at all, but I can see the reasoning behind it. People are frustrated and upset, and they have every right to be. I still don't like it though.

BoneKrusher 10-06-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3141183)
I don't like it at all, but I can see the reasoning behind it. People are frustrated and upset, and they have every right to be. I still don't like it though.

yeah i agree, i'm upset more than usual this season but i still wouldnt donate for this.
last time i looked at the thread at CP there was almost 2 thousand in donations for the flyover.

King Carls 5 Year Plan 10-06-2012 05:00 PM

Clark doesnt live here and i could see him not knowing the extent of Chiefs frustrations. i believe he isn't happy with the product, but does he get how much money this could cost him if he stays put like his father did? this flyover will show him exactly how mad we are. it is a simple way of making sure he understands our point of view. i bet that flyover gets the biggest cheer of the day. i only hope that i can hear it over the TV.

as far as the game, i think it will be ugly fast. Cassel is fighting for his career and is doing that against Baltimores D. Oooohhh-wwweeeee thats a daunting task. he will fold quickly leaving his teammates to try and salvage the game with a BU. Quinn will suck too. on a positive note, i believe JC will have a really good game. Bowe gets another slop time TD

Baltimore 45 Kansas City 17

Splat 10-06-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 3141173)

It's a waste of money it will change nothing. I'm not saying I don't agree with the upset fans but it's pretty pointless.

BoneKrusher 10-06-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat (Post 3141359)
It's a waste of money it will change nothing. I'm not saying I don't agree with the upset fans but it's pretty pointless.

i think they want to quote twisted sister to Clark "they're not gonna take it".

this is year four of Pioli and this team plays like it's the Herm Edwards team of 5 years ago.

Splat 10-06-2012 07:26 PM

The only thing that will make the FO stand up and take notice is people not showing up for games.

nepg 10-06-2012 07:45 PM

That people think Pioli should be fired and Cassel be benched for Brady Quinn is just dumb. They've apparently never seen Brady Quinn play football before and are probably listening to too much local radio.

What did Pioli do or not do that he should(n't) have? What's wrong with the roster? Nothing. It's one of the best rosters in the NFL. The only semi-legit gripe is not signing Carr, but I think everyone was in agreement that the contract Carr was asking for and got wouldn't have been a very good move. People saying it should be "blown up" are out of their minds.

For the QB, he tried to get Peyton Manning. Other than that, there weren't better options than Cassel and they liked Stanzi a lot. Maybe the latter was a mistake? Maybe Zorn needs to be fired?

The problems with this team early on are very simply with the coaching staff. The team comes out flat every game and makes little mistakes. That's why they lose and that's something that is always on the coaching staff. I'm not sure if they can fix it, but they have to. I worried that it would take Daboll time to get the offense together (it did for Weis and Haley). The rest of it is on Romeo, which sucks because he's such a great coach/person.

If this team can get to 2-4 or 3-3 with the way the rest of the schedule looks and Daboll can get the offense together during the Bye week, I still like their chances this year.

T-RICH49 10-06-2012 07:46 PM

I got 37-17 Ravens.Chiefs score 2 garbage time TD's and cassel gets pulled at halftime

nepg 10-06-2012 07:51 PM

As for this game, the Chiefs will be able to stay in their base package a lot. That is a good thing. They can get pressure on Flacco and force mistakes. Keep Torrey Smith in front of them and don't give Bolden space. I'm probably most-worried about Dennis Pitta. They can't ask Berry to cover TEs. They just can't.

Offensively, Dexter McCluster is going to have to have an incredible performance.

vidae 10-06-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nepg (Post 3141416)
That people think Pioli should be fired and Cassel be benched for Brady Quinn is just dumb. They've apparently never seen Brady Quinn play football before and are probably listening to too much local radio.

What did Pioli do or not do that he should(n't) have? What's wrong with the roster? Nothing. It's one of the best rosters in the NFL. The only semi-legit gripe is not signing Carr, but I think everyone was in agreement that the contract Carr was asking for and got wouldn't have been a very good move. People saying it should be "blown up" are out of their minds.

For the QB, he tried to get Peyton Manning. Other than that, there weren't better options than Cassel and they liked Stanzi a lot. Maybe the latter was a mistake? Maybe Zorn needs to be fired?

The problems with this team early on are very simply with the coaching staff. The team comes out flat every game and makes little mistakes. That's why they lose and that's something that is always on the coaching staff. I'm not sure if they can fix it, but they have to. I worried that it would take Daboll time to get the offense together (it did for Weis and Haley). The rest of it is on Romeo, which sucks because he's such a great coach/person.

If this team can get to 2-4 or 3-3 with the way the rest of the schedule looks and Daboll can get the offense together during the Bye week, I still like their chances this year.

Do you work in the Chiefs PR department?

What did Pioli do? Drafted pretty poorly in his four years here for one. Signed Matt Cassel to begin with for another. Hiring RAC as HC was obviously a mistake. Failing to bring in actual competition for Cassel is another.

In four years this team looks just as bad as when he got here. The Patriots Way ******** doesn't work here. It only works when you have Tom Brady. His draft philosophy is flawed and doesn't produce many top line players.

And I'm sorry, but Peyton Manning didn't want to come here because of Pioli. Neither did Cowher or Fisher. When he is directly responsible for some free agents and coaches not giving us the time of day, he has to go.

This is a 3-5 win team right now. The talent level clearly isn't as high as we thought it was and the coaching staff is hot garbage. Pioli and the entire staff need to go. Four years is plenty of time to make your mark on a club, and right now he's clearly failed to do so.

It's time, and good riddance.

vidae 10-06-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nepg (Post 3141422)
Offensively, Dexter McCluster is going to have to have an incredible performance.

No, he won't, as the worst starting QB in the NFL is on this roster. Do you know that the Chiefs have lost 8 fumbles and thrown 7 picks? Most of that is attributed to Cassel. He won't have an incredible performance, Cassel will probably get him hurt again.

You're delusional at this point.

As for a prediction in this game, I have the Ravens winning by 15 at least.

BoneKrusher 10-06-2012 08:03 PM

it's not that i think Brady Quinn is better, it's just that i've seen enough of Cassel/

if this is what Scott Pioli calls a good QB, then he can GTFO.

vidae 10-06-2012 08:03 PM

Yeah some "QB competition" Pioli brought in, huh? Brady Quinn. He's so full of crap.

BoneKrusher 10-06-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3141434)
Yeah some "QB competition" Pioli brought in, huh? Brady Quinn. He's so full of crap.

yeah, Scott didn't want anyone good enough to beat out his Boy Matty.

vidae 10-06-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 3141440)
yeah, Scott didn't want anyone good enough to beat out his Boy Matty.

And anyone who disagrees is just a Pioli lapdog at this point. There was NO competition brought in, and if Pioli and the coaching staff actually thought a 5th rounder was going to be the future of this team, that should be grounds enough for firing right there.

Our entire QB roster is trash. No QB on this roster deserves to be in the NFL.

bored of education 10-06-2012 08:12 PM

nepg, I agree that a blow up is not required. But that is only if the Chiefs actually win 3-4 in a row. They look dead, flat, sad, depressed, uneregized, like pussies, etc. They have the talent but why is the defense sucking so bad? Why is Cassel the worst QB I have ever seen? Why havent they addressed the QB position after seeing Cassel **** the bed so many time?

They have some talent and are close to being a consistent playoff team but coaching and Qbing is holding them back.

It is sad they will get a pass though, Cassel will be scapegoat but Cassel should NEVER TAKE A SNAP AGAIN anyways. But they will draft a Qb and give RAC and Pioli at least one more year.

BoneKrusher 10-06-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3141443)
And anyone who disagrees is just a Pioli lapdog at this point. There was NO competition brought in, and if Pioli and the coaching staff actually thought a 5th rounder was going to be the future of this team, that should be grounds enough for firing right there.

Our entire QB roster is trash. No QB on this roster deserves to be in the NFL.

i agree.
Cassel's Pioli's guy and it's been that way since he got here,
otherwise he would have tried to keep Orton around who was heads and shoulders better than any QB thats been a KC Chief since Trent Green.

vidae 10-06-2012 08:14 PM

RAC is not a head coach. It's simple and it's pretty damn clear at this point. If Pioli actually keeps his job, which he shouldn't, RAC should be fired.

Both should be fired at this point, but I'd rather keep Pioli over RAC, even though I know it in my gut that Pioli will **** the bed and draft another DL from LSU instead of a QB because "we believe Matt Cassel is a good QB."

Biggest load of garbage I've ever seen from an organization in my life.

bored of education 10-06-2012 08:15 PM

Cassel is dreadful. I would rather be dreadful with Brady Quinn lol

vidae 10-06-2012 08:16 PM

Straight up, Brady Quinn gives us a better chance to win than Cassel does. And Brady Quinn is AWFUL. But that's just another reason that Pioli deserves to lose his job.

When you put together a roster and your three QBs are Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn, and Ricky Stanzi? You should be fired immediately.

bored of education 10-06-2012 08:19 PM

The Chiefs have the best 2nd(Cassel) 3rd(Quinn) and 4th(Stanzi) QB combo in the NFL