Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   NFL Week 6 Discussion Thread. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54082)

Ness 10-09-2012 06:33 AM

NFL Week 6 Discussion Thread.

Thursday
Pittsburgh @ Tennessee

Sunday

Oakland @ Atlanta
Cincinnati @ Cleveland
St Louis @ Miami
Indianapolis @ NY Jets
Detroit @ Philadelphia
Kansas City @ Tampa Bay
Dallas @ Baltimore
New England @ Seattle
Buffalo @ Arizona
NY Giants @ San Francisco
Minnesota @ Washington
Green Bay @ Houston

Monday

Denver @ San Diego

Bye
Carolina, Chicago, Jacksonville, New Orleans

Ness 10-09-2012 06:36 AM

The two games I'm looking forward to are the 49ers/Giants obviously and the Texans/Packers. I really like powerhouse inter-conference matches.

Brent 10-09-2012 06:42 AM

I hope that Tannehill can get himself another win. Makes me happy to see him doing well.

AntoinCD 10-09-2012 06:46 AM

I'm pretty worried about the Pats game this week. The Seahawks defense is probably the best they have come up against thus far. Their two interior guys in Mebane and Bryant are horrendously underrated and they can rush the passer with just four guys. Their secondary is also very physical and the whole 12th man thing.

The good thing though is their LBs probably can't match up with the Pats short/intermediate passing game and I don't think their offense can score more than 14 points, unless they get a short field.

If the Patriots can avoid turnovers and/or special teams slip ups then they should win this game. However that is easier said than done in such a hostile environment against such a good defense.

SuperPacker 10-09-2012 08:32 AM

Pittsburgh @ Titans
Detroit @ Philadelphia
NY Giants @ San Francisco
Packer @ Texans
Denver @ San Diego

I'm extremely scared for the Texans. The prospect of us going 2-4 is very possible and it doesn't sound very nice.

Hines 10-09-2012 08:47 AM

I'm pretty sure the Steelers are going to win and win big.

Don Vito 10-09-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hines (Post 3144809)
I'm pretty sure the Steelers are going to win and win big.

Titans aren't playing well but whenever you two play it seems to be an entertaining game.

Hines 10-09-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 3144812)
Titans aren't playing well but whenever you two play it seems to be an entertaining game.

Steelers have won past three meetings. Last year was a blow out and the year before, the Steelers dominated on defense. This Titans team is BAD, but they do have playmakers to give the Steelers fits. I feel more confident in this game than I did against Oakland because there is a chance that all that youth and speed can beat the Steelers on Sunday.

I see 5+ sacks for the defense this week.

Don Vito 10-09-2012 09:08 AM

Titans aren't the same but I think of this is kind of a rivalry nobody talks about. There was that great playoff game I think in McNairs co-MVP year, the playoff game Haynesworth's last year, and the season opener the following year when Polamalu had that great pick to seal it. All great games. Might have been a blow out last time but I love watching these two play.

jrdrylie 10-09-2012 09:38 AM

My favorite two teams are on a bye week so this will be a pretty boring week. But I do like the strong possibility of a 2-0-0-1-3 team in Green Bay.

Also, I really dig the "Under the Hood" thing they do at stadiums during reviews. You can see what the ref is looking at, his rewinds, pauses, slow motion. It makes the refs more accountable because all of the fans know exactly what he is looking at.

Jvig43 10-09-2012 09:52 AM

* Seattle's Russell Wilson is the only starting QB not to have 20 completions in a game this season.

Interesting stat

asdf1223 10-09-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3144794)
I'm pretty worried about the Pats game this week. The Seahawks defense is probably the best they have come up against thus far. Their two interior guys in Mebane and Bryant are horrendously underrated and they can rush the passer with just four guys. Their secondary is also very physical and the whole 12th man thing.

The good thing though is their LBs probably can't match up with the Pats short/intermediate passing game and I don't think their offense can score more than 14 points, unless they get a short field.

If the Patriots can avoid turnovers and/or special teams slip ups then they should win this game. However that is easier said than done in such a hostile environment against such a good defense.

Trufant vs Welker is the matchup you should target. Our Nickel corner hasn't been great this year and Amendola killed us. The LBs are pretty decent in coverage since we play a ton of zone. Have been looking forward to the matchup all year. They might matchup Browner against Gronk which might be the most physical corner versus the most physical TE.

Hines 10-09-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 3144818)
Titans aren't the same but I think of this is kind of a rivalry nobody talks about. There was that great playoff game I think in McNairs co-MVP year, the playoff game Haynesworth's last year, and the season opener the following year when Polamalu had that great pick to seal it. All great games. Might have been a blow out last time but I love watching these two play.

Yes, the Steelers and Titans/Oilers used to have great games in the past. I miss that rivalry and the one with the Raiders.

J-Spot 10-09-2012 10:47 AM

I just don't think that the Steelers defense is that good anymore. They rely too much on old vets that are gimpy and slow.

Their schedule is weak so they'll probably coast to at least a wild-card, but finishing outside of the top-10 in defense is almost a given at this point, imho. And without a top-10 defense I don't see them winning more than a single playoff game at most, and probably not even that.

Grizzlegom 10-09-2012 10:50 AM

Miami looking to have a winning streak! Damn those 4th quarter/OT collapses, could have a real one going.

vidae 10-09-2012 10:54 AM

Wonder how many points the Chiefs are going to lose to the Bucs by. I'm gunna say 10.

jrdrylie 10-09-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3144885)
Wonder how many points the Chiefs are going to lose to the Bucs by. I'm gunna say 10.

Oh come one Vidae, isn't Brady Quinn starting? If that isn't the recipe for a win, I don't know what is.

Raiderz4Life 10-09-2012 11:05 AM

man, Oakland is going to get abused in every way shape and form.

SuperPacker 10-09-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

@JasonLaCanfora
Packers worked out 8 offensive players on Tues, including QBs Seneca Wallace and Brian Hoyer

BeerBaron 10-09-2012 12:50 PM

A player who won't, under preferable circumstances, see any action has you pretty excited, eh SP?

SuperPacker 10-09-2012 12:52 PM

You obviously haven't seen Graham Harrell.

comahan 10-09-2012 12:54 PM

I think the Packers take this one from Houston. They havent played anyone worthwhile yet, and there are a lot of holes that people are overlooking simply because they're 5-0. And now with Cushing out, thats brutal. He was an every down LB who was very good in coverage as well, which will obviously hinder them against Green Bay.

Only hope is that they can get to Rodgers as much as other teams have.

Rosebud 10-09-2012 12:58 PM

I dunno whether it's just cause I'm really banking on Atlanta eventually losing, but somehow I just can't get a feel for this Oakland game. Atlanta's been really good and Oakland has not, but Oakland has some playmakers that a flat atlanta team could let burn them.

BeerBaron 10-09-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosebud (Post 3144958)
I dunno whether it's just cause I'm really banking on Atlanta eventually losing, but somehow I just can't get a feel for this Oakland game. Atlanta's been really good and Oakland has not, but Oakland has some playmakers that a flat atlanta team could let burn them.

If it were in Oakland, you might be right. I don't see the Raiders crossing the country and beating a superior team in an early day game.

J-Spot 10-09-2012 01:01 PM

So is it safe to say that this week's 49ers-Giants showdown will be a strong test for both teams and have the potential to be a big "statement" game for either one?

I feel as if the 49ers just crush the Giants like they crushed the Bills and the Jets, then San Fran will have to be considered the best team in the NFC by far.