Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Week 7 Discussion Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54160)

Hines 10-16-2012 03:42 PM

Week 7 Discussion Thread

Thursday
Seattle @ San Francisco

Sunday
Tennessee @ Buffalo
Washington @ NY Giants
New Orleans @ Tampa Bay
Dallas @ Carolina
Baltimore @ Houston
Cleveland @ Indianapolis
Green Bay @ St Louis
Arizona @ Minnesota
NY Jets @ New England
Jacksonville @ Oakland
Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati

Monday
Detroit @ Chicago

HOPEFULLY the Steelers find an end to their road woes this season. Seattle/SF, Baltimore/Houston, GB/STL, and Detroit/Chicago are the games I'm looking forward to. I think the GB/STL game will be closer than people think. I'm also interested in seeing how Baltimore does without three and possibly four of their top defensive players.

Don Vito 10-16-2012 04:13 PM

It would make me very happy if we throttled the Jets. NOT saying it will happen, but I want it to.

Raiderz4Life 10-16-2012 04:19 PM

Yay!! We might actually win!

bigbluedefense 10-16-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderz4life (Post 3153178)
Yay!! We might actually win!

Don't you want a qb? Root for losses. Lots of them.

Hines 10-16-2012 04:23 PM

It's unreal what Big Ben and the offense is doing on third down. They are converting a league high 52% of their third downs. The next closest? New England at 47%.

Edit: The defense is giving up an almost league worst 49.2 percent of first downs on third down. That is what's killing this team. Oakland is last with 49.3 percent.

Hines 10-16-2012 04:32 PM

Steelers play the Vikings in London in 2013. Booo.

yo123 10-16-2012 05:13 PM

At least its not a home game for you.

21ST 10-16-2012 05:15 PM

Well time for Osi to put his money where his mouth is.

bigbluedefense 10-16-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 21ST (Post 3153240)
Well time for Osi to put his money where his mouth is.

Osi backed off the Bob Griffin comment a long time ago. And has given him a lot of props this week.

It's a nonstory. I'm more concerned about Tuck's washed up behind being able to set the edge and defend against RGIII when he scrambles to his right.

It wouldn't be a terrible idea in my eyes if we put JPP at LE, Kiwi on RE on base downs, and brought Tuck and Osi in on 3rd down to rush the passer: Tuck inside, Osi outside with Kiwi inside and JPP outside.

I know that won't happen though and I'm gonna see RGIII run right around Tuck like he was a tree stump.

BeerBaron 10-16-2012 05:21 PM

I hope the Bears come out charged after the bye week. I have a feeling the Lions are going to be rolling after the way they finished the Eagles game though.

Smooth Criminal 10-16-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hines (Post 3153200)
Steelers play the Vikings in London in 2013. Booo.

How is this not great news? It's a road game for the Steelers and now I have the best excuse I can think of to jet off to London and Dublin.

Can't wait. Very excited to hear this. As soon as I heard the Vikings were hosting a game I was hoping it would be the Steelers.

As to this week, Troy out yet again. Just can't manage to stay healthy. We really suffer when either he or Clark misses the game. No depth at safety and don't have the corners to man up to try to hide it.

AJ Green horrifies me. Just imagine what he could do to Ike who is having as bad of season as any corner Ive watched.

scottyboy 10-16-2012 07:14 PM

i don't know how we're gonna stop bob.

i also didn't know how we were gonna stop cammy cam though.

i also expect the giants passing game to go captain insane-o

Hurricanes25 10-16-2012 07:28 PM

Really looking forward to Sunday. My early game is Was/NYG which should be a great, entertaining game. Then the Jets/Pat should be a decent game. I don't expect the Jets to win but always look forward to their matchup.

SolidGold 10-16-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyboy (Post 3153329)
i don't know how we're gonna stop bob.

i also didn't know how we were gonna stop cammy cam though.

i also expect the giants passing game to go captain insane-o

Bob can be stopped. i think the giants d-line is going to get after him. most of his passes are completions over the middle of the field. just contain him in the pocket and stop the running game.

Eli should torch the skins secondary.

21ST 10-16-2012 07:29 PM

The giants should easily win though. They will be able to drop atleast 40 and im not sure we can keep up.

Rosebud 10-16-2012 07:34 PM

The giants are gunna come out really flat and have to come back to win it. With how terrible that skins D is right now, I think we'll pull it off, but Washington's gunna get us out of the gates.

bigbluedefense 10-16-2012 07:36 PM

We always follow up a great game with a terrible one. It's the giant way.

gpngc 10-16-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hines (Post 3153139)
Thursday
Seattle @ San Francisco

Sunday
Tennessee @ Buffalo
Washington @ NY Giants
New Orleans @ Tampa Bay
Dallas @ Carolina
Baltimore @ Houston
Cleveland @ Indianapolis
Green Bay @ St Louis
Arizona @ Minnesota
NY Jets @ New England
Jacksonville @ Oakland
Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati

Monday
Detroit @ Chicago

HOPEFULLY the Steelers find an end to their road woes this season. Seattle/SF, Baltimore/Houston, GB/STL, and Detroit/Chicago are the games I'm looking forward to. I think the GB/STL game will be closer than people think. I'm also interested in seeing how Baltimore does without three and possibly four of their top defensive players.

Seattle is in a great spot. Absolutely NO pressure on them. If they lose, which they are expected to, they're still 4-3 without a brutal schedule ahead. If they keep it close, that'll be the 3rd time during the 49ers great run the past two years that they've competed with a top team. And if they win, they're looking at a potentially huge season.

And there's a ******** of pressure on the 49ers after a crushing defeat because a loss would put them potentially in 3rd place and they'd still have to play at Seattle later.

A couple of thoughts:

1) Real big game for Buffalo. On paper they should win, and that would set them up nicely for a run at the playoffs. A loss would be DEVASTATING.

2) The loser of Dallas/Carolina is probably out of it in a tough NFC. A lot at stake there.

3) Houston needs a W (and Baltimore CAN afford a loss so the ridiculous but sometimes correct 'they need it more' situation applies here) to solidify themselves as legitimate. A loss and all of the sudden they start questioning whether or not they can play with the big boys. And that would be a totally legitimate self-evaluation in that event.

4) St. Louis is in a good spot to steal a game.

5) If Arizona loses in Minny, their season officially becomes on slipping-away watch.

6) No one will see the Jets keeping it close on the road against an angry New England team but the offense is actually playing well, Cromartie's balling like crazy, and there's much more pressure on the Pats. Reminds me a little of two games: Houston/Jets on MNF this year and beat-up Giants/Pats last regular season.

7) CLE/IND and JAC/OAK are fun games. I hope TRich plays. Luck's arrow is pointing down after his first truly subpar performance and Weeden's is pointing up with Josh Gordon assimilating nicely. Oakland has to be a little sick right now but their schedule really softens up and their goal should be to finish at 8-8 or 9-7.

21ST 10-16-2012 09:17 PM

Damn the redskins almost had josh Gordon. Rg3 was pushing hard

vidae 10-16-2012 09:22 PM

Yay no Chiefs to watch this week. I need a week break before our next beatdown. But bring em on, I want a new coaching staff and QB!

PackerLegend 10-16-2012 10:31 PM

All NFC vs NFC and AFC vs AFC this week.

descendency 10-16-2012 10:36 PM

OK... Mr Brady, can you and your offense not totally **** the bed in the 4th quarter this time? Please?

Ness 10-16-2012 10:40 PM

49ers better win this next game.

cmarq83 10-16-2012 10:54 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...it-concussions

This explains so much.

NY+Giants=NYG 10-17-2012 09:32 AM

Our defense played up to their potential for once in the regular season. K won't be surprised if fewell has a brain cramp and.Bob looks like a HOFer. Its going to take a couple regular seasons before I trust the defense and Fewell.