Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   College Gameday Thread: Week 9 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54213)

draftguru151 10-22-2012 10:16 AM

College Gameday Thread: Week 9

Tuesday night:
Arkansas State vs Louisiana-Lafayette (ESPN2)

Thursday night:
#18 Clemson vs Wake Forest (ESPN)

Friday night:
Cincinnati vs #16 Louisville (ESPN2)

Saturday noon:
Tennessee vs #13 South Carolina (ESPN)
Iowa vs Northwestern (ESPN2)
Kentucky vs Missouri (ESPNU)
Ole Miss vs Arkansas (SECN)

Saturday afternoon:
#2 Florida vs #10 Georgia (CBS)
#14 Texas Tech vs #3 Kansas State (FOX)
#9 USC vs Arizona (ABC/ESPN2)
Michigan State vs #25 Wisconsin (ABC/ESPN2)
Duke vs #12 Florida State (ESPNU)
Ohio State vs Penn State (ESPN)

Saturday night:
#20 Texas A&M vs Auburn (ESPNU)
#5 Notre Dame vs #8 Oklahoma (ABC)
#22 Michigan vs Nebraska (ESPN2)
#11 Mississippi State vs #1 Alabama (ESPN)

Grizzlegom 10-22-2012 10:32 AM

Can't f'n wait for the Ohio State-Penn State game. I'm thinking Happy Valley will finally be back in full force for the first time this weekend.

MassNole 10-22-2012 11:57 AM

How sad is it there is a very realistic chance we are seeing an ACCCG preview this week in FSU vs. Duke?

jrdrylie 10-22-2012 12:23 PM

Not sure if it was already posted in the previous thread, but FSU RB Chris Thompson tore his ACL.

MassNole 10-22-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3159813)
Not sure if it was already posted in the previous thread, but FSU RB Chris Thompson tore his ACL.

Over the past 2 years he will have missed a full season to injuries, but in 2011 was JUST over the limit for games played. With the way the NCAA has given out 6th years of eligibility (Case Keenum comes to mind), he should get an extra year.

MassNole 10-22-2012 12:50 PM

So in his press conference today, Jimbo Fisher said the referees got the call wrong on Dustin Hopkins missed FG and that it was in fact good, replay seems to confirm this. The longer the ACC lets referees get away with god awful officiating the worse it gets.

jrdrylie 10-22-2012 01:01 PM

ACC Officiating

MassNole 10-22-2012 01:10 PM

https://o.twimg.com/1/proxy.jpg?t=FQ...aT9NwrQIzfipEs

Holding was NOT called on this play. Numerous others from the past few weeks as well.

draftguru151 10-22-2012 01:30 PM

And the winner for most posts whining about the officials in a game decided by 2 TDs is....

Also Duke will probably lose the next two weeks, and could lose out. The UM/Duke game could honestly decide the division though.

Miami has a bye this week, and then VT at home Thursday night, followed by UVA, USF and then Duke to finish out the season. We could win out and get to the ACCCG. Really need to get healthy this week though. VT game is huge for the program.

Babylon 10-22-2012 01:34 PM

Saturday game that doesn't show up on most people's radar screen is Oregon St. at Washington. Really a pivotal game for the Dawgs to keep from falling to 3-5.

In their favor is finishing up the year with 4 cupcakes so it conceivable they will get to a bowl but it's been a huge step back for Sarkisian and the program.

BuckeyeDan17 10-22-2012 01:37 PM

I expect an insane environment in happy valley. This one's going to be a hell of a showdown.

Cigaro 10-22-2012 01:41 PM

It's a home game and it's Tennessee, so we should be able to stop our losing streak here. Hopefully Florida beats Georgia, I don't want to see the Bulldogs somehow manage to win the East after losing to us two years in a row.

StickSkills 10-22-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 (Post 3159902)
I expect an insane environment in happy valley. This one's going to be a hell of a showdown.

Tents go up tonight. The atmosphere in town is already incredible.

sbh15 10-22-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigaro (Post 3159905)
It's a home game and it's Tennessee, so we should be able to stop our losing streak here. Hopefully Florida beats Georgia, I don't want to see the Bulldogs somehow manage to win the East after losing to us two years in a row.

if Florida doesn't mop the floor with UGA, I'll be shocked

Babylon 10-22-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbh15 (Post 3160082)
if Florida doesn't mop the floor with UGA, I'll be shocked

I like the Gators, as you know, but i wouldn't be as cavalier in my prediction for the game. It's historically a great rivalry and Georgia has the talent to keep it close if not pull the upset.

I don't want Florida fans coming down on me but i think that #2 ranking is a little generous.

Don Vito 10-22-2012 04:47 PM

Ole Miss needs to beat the Pigs

sbh15 10-22-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3160149)
I like the Gators, as you know, but i wouldn't be as cavalier in my prediction for the game. It's historically a great rivalry and Georgia has the talent to keep it close if not pull the upset.

I don't want Florida fans coming down on me but i think that #2 ranking is a little generous.

first of all, Georgia is the single most overrated team in the country, I predicted a Florida win before the season even started. the Gators almost beat this same Dawgs team with a gimpy John Brantley playing in an offense with no creativity and a terrible defense last season.

as for thinking #2 is generous, I don't know what else you are looking for. Florida has dominated teams in the second half with road wins against Texas A&M, Tennessee, and an underrated Vanderbilt team (I'd bet they win their next 5 games), as well as a home wins over LSU and South Carolina.

MassNole 10-22-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151 (Post 3159894)
And the winner for most posts whining about the officials in a game decided by 2 TDs is....

Corey Clark/TDO.com@Corey_Clark
There have been only 3 offensive pass interference penalties this season in ACC games. Total. All three were FSU on Sat. night.

ACC actually does the right thing....

Corey Dowlar/ESPN ‏@cdowlar
David Epperley has been suspended for one game for failure to properly administer the 10-second runoff rule at the end of the first half.

fenikz 10-22-2012 05:44 PM

all 3 were clearly offensive pass interference though

or are you complaining that it isn't called enough?

MassNole 10-22-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenikz (Post 3160230)
all 3 were clearly offensive pass interference though

or are you complaining that it isn't called enough?

No they weren't, especially the one on Rodney Smith. The ones on Benjamin happen nearly every play, and as the stats show until this game are literally never called in the ACC.

draftguru151 10-22-2012 06:13 PM

Just because they weren't called before doesn't mean they shouldn't be called. You should be happy the refs are improving!

TheBoyWonder22 10-22-2012 06:24 PM

I haven't Mississippi St. Play yet this year. How likely is it that they pull the upset over the Tide?

sbh15 10-22-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 (Post 3160268)
I haven't Mississippi St. Play yet this year. How likely is it that they pull the upset over the Tide?

Vegas has Alabama as a 24 point favorite if that tells you anything

Cigaro 10-22-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 (Post 3160268)

They could, they are well coached with decent talent, but with Saban I doubt it.

CashmoneyDrew 10-22-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigaro (Post 3159905)

I'm hoping Clowney can knock some sense into Bray this weekend.