Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Tyler Bray Could Be Benched (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54226)

Shane P. Hallam 10-23-2012 11:31 AM

Tyler Bray Could Be Benched

"If he is loose with the ball, he's coming out of the game and we're going to play (Justin) Worley," Dooley said. "And I told him that." The head coach also called Bray's postgame actions "unacceptable" after the quarterback refused to talk with reporters.

Interesting for a player viewed as a pretty good prospect.

CashmoneyDrew 10-23-2012 11:38 AM

He's had a bad year, no doubt. Hasn't shown any progress from last year.

I don't expect him to declare unless he just really hates college.

SolidGold 10-23-2012 02:23 PM

Bray has all the physical tools but he seems like kind of a headcase. He is the second most disappointing QB prospect behind Logan Thomas who is one of the hugest products of hype and has epically failed.

Matthew Jones 10-23-2012 02:29 PM

I can't imagine any team would want to draft this guy in the first round. His character is extremely concerning, his mechanics are very lazy, he traditionally hasn't produced against top teams, and his accuracy is all over the place. I see more Derek Anderson than Joe Flacco at this point.

TitanHope 10-23-2012 03:29 PM

You don't have the stones, Dooley!

Raiderz4Life 10-23-2012 03:45 PM

Aaawww BrayBray what you doing??

ImBrotherCain 10-23-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderz Fo' Life (Post 3161605)

I dislike your new name... CHANGE IT BACK R4L!!!

Grizzlegom 10-23-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderz Fo' Life (Post 3161605)

Did you get a new car to go with that new name?

TitanHope 10-23-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew (Post 3161404)
He's had a bad year, no doubt. Hasn't shown any progress from last year.

I don't expect him to declare unless he just really hates college.

More likely to be at Tennessee next year: Tyler Bray or Derek Dooley?

keylime_5 10-23-2012 06:14 PM

Bray, Thomas, and Wilson all have been disappointing this year. Not a great year for QB prospects, especially after the last two weeks that Geno Smith had :/

CashmoneyDrew 10-23-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanHope (Post 3161703)
More likely to be at Tennessee next year: Tyler Bray or Derek Dooley?

Bray. But I could see both leaving. Dooley doesn't have an ice cream cone's chance in hell.

TitanHope 10-23-2012 06:41 PM

I'm not all that disappointed in Bray. He's had to play against some stiff competition, and with a defense that is absolutely, 100% putrid, which puts all the pressure to win on the offense. When the defense will give up a 5 minute drive to Miss. State to lose the game, the QB will probably force some things he shouldn't force. Worley will do the exact same thing if he's thrown in there, er, when he's out there until the coaching staff decides to take out Worley/Hunter/Patterson/Neal in exchange for running the wildcat with AJ Johnson, the starting MLB, even when it's a 4th down play. They'll fail to convert, Alabama will score again against this terrible defense, and now the QB is playing from behind against the Bama defense (That wasn't a hypothetical. This really happened last week). But defensive and coaching incompetence is no excuse to be loose with that football!

Bray shouldn't have pouted and blown off the media after the Bama loss, but Dooley needs to shut his nerd face. Tyler Bray is not the problem, and benching your starting QB is the last thing a coach on the hot seat should do. Instead, how about calling out the defense after they get raped by Tyler ******* Russell or Jim Chaney having his head up his ass with these wildcat formations with our MLB and freshman WR. They don't even do the wildcat with Patterson, who is the only guy who should get those opportunities since he's a Super Saiyan with the ball in his hands.

Bray isn't perfect, and he deserves criticism, especially over matters concerning his maturity and attitude, but damn. There's so many other things wrong with this team besides the Braysed god.

descendency 10-23-2012 07:16 PM

I think it's hilarious that pretty much every (except Barkley) first round QB is basically trying their hardest to become the next Jevan Snead.

fenikz 10-23-2012 09:30 PM

Still have no clue why people are hating on Tyler Wilson, he is still beasting with only a little talent around him

Matthew Jones 10-23-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenikz (Post 3161855)
Still have no clue why people are hating on Tyler Wilson, he is still beasting with only a little talent around him

If by beasting you mean padding his stats against Kentucky and Jacksonville State and losing to every decent team the Razorbacks played, then yes. The two FBS teams they've beat are a combined 2-13.

SolidGold 10-23-2012 10:26 PM

I like Tyler Wilson - that whole Arkansas program is in disarray. I was hoping he wouldn't skip a beat since the offense is the same but unfortunately that isn't the case. Ultimately I think Wilson will be a first round pick though. If Arkansas is able to bounce back and go 8-4 or 7-5 I think that will help boost his stock.

Geno Smith has been inflating his stats vs inferior defenses all year. The last two teams he has faced with quality defenses and his numbers are all of the sudden pedestrian. That to me is more of a red flag than Wilson having to deal with an unstable team situation.

bucfan12 10-24-2012 05:10 PM

So, where are all the Tyler Bray supporters to him being the #1 overall pick, heck even a 1st round pick?

CashmoneyDrew 10-24-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucfan12 (Post 3162398)
So, where are all the Tyler Bray supporters to him being the #1 overall pick, heck even a 1st round pick?

I'm here. I forgot it's illegal to be wrong on a prospect. God forbid we aren't all perfect scouts like you. Tar and feather me as you wish, sir.

bucfan12 10-24-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew (Post 3162401)
I'm here. I forgot it's illegal to be wrong on a prospect. God forbid we aren't all perfect scouts like you. Tar and feather me as you wish, sir.

Haha relax man. I'm not just saying you, but I've had my fair share of discussions regarding this. Just many won't speak again when they're wrong.

TitanHope 10-24-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucfan12 (Post 3162398)

Bray has yet to brayke my resolve!

CashmoneyDrew 10-24-2012 05:21 PM

I've definitely lowered my expectations. Hopefully he returns for his senior season and makes the leap next year that I thought he would this year......... and under a new coach and offensive coordinator.

bucfan12 10-24-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew (Post 3162408)
I've definitely lowered my expectations. Hopefully he returns for his senior season and makes the leap next year that I thought he would this year......... and under a new coach and offensive coordinator.

He's got a big arm, but he's got a lot of improving to in my opinion. I'm just not high on him because I don't think he has the leadership nor intangibles to succeed at the next level. His play is too inconsistant and attitude is very suspect.

Definately should stay for his senior year, but he does have the physical tools, in terms of arm strength, to play at the next level. Mentally, I just don't see it.

PACKmanN 10-24-2012 06:10 PM

Leadership is the most overrated trait to have. Just have many players in the nfl are actually good leaders? Plus do you except a rookie qb to be the leader of an nfl offense that has players in their prime and/or veterans? All Bray has to do is earn their respect.

fenikz 10-24-2012 06:19 PM

RGIII seems like the undisputed leader of the Redskins

Freshlete 10-24-2012 09:45 PM

You put any kind of pressure on Bray he gets exponentially worse. I don't see him succeeding at the next level.