Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Cornellius Carradine, DE, Florida State (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54258)

duesouth 10-26-2012 06:37 AM

Cornellius Carradine, DE, Florida State

Have seen FSU three times so far this season and I'm super impressed with this guy. Plays the run better than Werner - can get really low and has long arms and strength to set the edge and get off blocks. Might not be Bruce Irvin off the edge, but can dip and rip.

Carradine and Damontre Moore both rising rapidly up my board.

Am I alone in really liking Carradine?

Matthew Jones 10-26-2012 07:46 AM

No, I'm a big fan of Carradine's as well. My only concern is that he seems a little bit slow to react to the ball being snapped. I'd probably rank him in the 1-2 range right now.

Razor 10-26-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Jones (Post 3163782)
No, I'm a big fan of Carradine's as well. My only concern is that he seems a little bit slow to react to the ball being snapped. I'd probably rank him in the 1-2 range right now.

This is my main concern as well. He's consistently the last man to react to the snap which isn't a desirable trait. I think the second round might be his ceiling because of this.

MassNole 10-30-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duesouth (Post 3163771)
Have seen FSU three times so far this season and I'm super impressed with this guy. Plays the run better than Werner - can get really low and has long arms and strength to set the edge and get off blocks. Might not be Bruce Irvin off the edge, but can dip and rip.

Carradine and Damontre Moore both rising rapidly up my board.

Am I alone in really liking Carradine?

I think this perception is fair without understanding their roles in the defense, but within FSU's scheme Werner is much better against the run from the SDE position than Carradine.

Ozzy 10-30-2012 09:44 PM

I was a fan of Carradine last year, kid is a baller and is arguably a better more all around player than his defensive end teammate. Love that size and speed.

mdmgrand 11-26-2012 09:23 AM

Well he has a torn ACL... This will affect his stock because he could have boosted it with workouts. This probably will have him drop to the third or fourth.

http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1441189

duesouth 11-26-2012 09:47 AM

Timing of it isn't great, day three now I think.

bigbuc 11-26-2012 02:04 PM

He'll be a second round pick. A DE with 80 tackles and 11 sacks some GM will take a shot thinking you're getting a full round of value.

MassNole 11-26-2012 02:45 PM

Was named First Team All ACC today along with Bjoern Werner (who should be ACC DPOTY)

duesouth 11-26-2012 02:48 PM

Just got through the full game and the worst performance I've seen from him. Too high off the snap and then Nixon got into him, so he couldn't then do his usual trick and get low. Did have some positive moments, but overall Werner was better in this one. Clearly the injury is the big story - certainly wish him well on the road to recovery.

Abaddon 01-28-2013 12:30 PM

Any chance he could play standing up?

y.f.s. 01-28-2013 12:33 PM

I keep saying he's the best defensive prospect in this class. Sometimes a beat slow getting off the ball and his pad-level needs work, but the way he uses his length, chains together moves, how strong his hands are, how flexible he is around the edge....he's JPP to me.

TACKLE 01-28-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abaddon (Post 3258330)
Any chance he could play standing up?

I don't see why not. He's a better athlete in space than a guy like Chandler Jones who was cut from a similar cloth. yfs compares him to JPP and I can see that for sure but he actually reminds me quite a bit of Suggs.

Iamcanadian 01-28-2013 12:39 PM

He is no worse than a 2nd rounder and if the doctors give his recovery a clean bill of health, he could easily go late round 1, as a steal for late drafting teams, they love to take injured prospects who normally they would never have got a shot at.

SuperPacker 01-28-2013 12:47 PM

Love Carradine. Without his injury he's a top half of round 1 guy.

niel89 01-28-2013 05:07 PM

He probably has the best first name imaginable.

Abaddon 02-12-2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TACKLE (Post 3258340)
I don't see why not. He's a better athlete in space than a guy like Chandler Jones who was cut from a similar cloth. yfs compares him to JPP and I can see that for sure but he actually reminds me quite a bit of Suggs.

Certainly some intriguing comparisons, albeit likely a tad generous.

If he can play a rush LB role, I wonder if that would help him get a better, more consistent jump. Stands to reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by niel89 (Post 3258608)
He probably has the best first name imaginable.

Quanterus Smith respectfully disagrees.

I find myself wondering how far both Cornellius and Quanterus will fall. The idea of stealing these guys in the Rd3-4 range and redshirting them really intrigues me.

Black Bolt 02-12-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abaddon (Post 3272022)
Certainly some intriguing comparisons, albeit likely a tad generous.

If he can play a rush LB role, I wonder if that would help him get a better, more consistent jump. Stands to reason.

Quanterus Smith respectfully disagrees.

I find myself wondering how far both Cornellius and Quanterus will fall. The idea of stealing these guys in the Rd3-4 range and redshirting them really intrigues me.

Why would he play LB at that size?

SunTzu_22 02-12-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bolt (Post 3272028)

Because a decent chunk of succesfull 3-4 pass rushers have similar size?

killxswitch 02-12-2013 08:59 AM

If he was healthy, how would he stack up to the other DE/OLB prospects in this class? I love his production but obviously the ACL is concerning. But if speed wasn't really a part of his game anyway, maybe the risk is lower.

nikkayeah 02-12-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bolt (Post 3272028)

what about his size?

bigbluedefense 02-12-2013 01:49 PM

My only concern is his get off. Traditionally guys with a slow get off don't succeed in the NFL.

What's worse is we won't know if he can put up good numbers at the combine bc of his injury.

So that's my concern. Everything else is there. He has the size, length, I like his technique for the most part, he plays well at the college level, good motor. Everything is there. But he's slow out of his stance, and that's a major concern at the next level.

So you're gambling on him. I'm not sure how I feel about him yet bc of that.

scottyboy 02-12-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3272298)
My only concern is his get off. Traditionally guys with a slow get off don't succeed in the NFL.

What's worse is we won't know if he can put up good numbers at the combine bc of his injury.

So that's my concern. Everything else is there. He has the size, length, I like his technique for the most part, he plays well at the college level, good motor. Everything is there. But he's slow out of his stance, and that's a major concern at the next level.

So you're gambling on him. I'm not sure how I feel about him yet bc of that.

if giants don't go do DE round 1 and carradine's there round 2, do we take him?

bigbluedefense 02-12-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyboy (Post 3272373)
if giants don't go do DE round 1 and carradine's there round 2, do we take him?

It's tempting. I don't know yet. I need more information on him.

Bc if his first step is slow and I see no evidence to suggest otherwise, then he's a mediocre pass rusher at the next level and he's not worth a 2nd round pick to me with so many other talented players who will be there.

But if he does show me improvement there, or if I see evidence sometime in the future of a better get off, then it's very tempting. Bc everything else is there.

Especially since we need a LE. I think he translates to LE in the pros.

y.f.s. 02-12-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3272376)
It's tempting. I don't know yet. I need more information on him.

Bc if his first step is slow and I see no evidence to suggest otherwise, then he's a mediocre pass rusher at the next level and he's not worth a 2nd round pick to me with so many other talented players who will be there.

But if he does show me improvement there, or if I see evidence sometime in the future of a better get off, then it's very tempting. Bc everything else is there.

Especially since we need a LE. I think he translates to LE in the pros.

Page trap.