Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Post-Week 8 Mock (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54291)

Robcards 10-29-2012 01:57 PM

Post-Week 8 Mock

Re-simmed the second half of the season since so many teams' value has changed quite a bit in the past few weeks (the Ravens, in particular).

1 JAC - Geno Smith - QB - West Virginia
2 CLE - Bjoern Werner - DE - Florida State
3 KC - Matt Barkley - QB - USC
4 CAR - Johnathan Hankins - DT - Ohio State
5 TEN - Star Lotuleilei - DT - Utah
6 OAK - Tyler Wilson - QB - Arkansas
7 NYJ (trade with CIN) - Jarvis Jones - OLB - Georgia
8 TB - Barkevious Mingo - DE - LSU
9 STL - Luke Joeckel - LT - Texas A&M
10 ARI - Taylor Lewan - LT - Michigan
11 MIN - Dee Milliner - CB - Alabama
12 SD - John Jenkins - NT - Georgia
13 CIN (trade with NYJ) - Sam Montgomery - DE - LSU
14 IND - Damontre Moore - OLB - Texas A&M
15 NO - Johnathan Banks - CB - Mississippi State
16 BUF - Keenan Allen - WR - California
17 STL (from WAS) - Eric Reid - FS - LSU
18 PHI - Alex Okafor - DE - Texas
19 DAL - Chance Warmack - OG - Alabama
20 DET - Xavier Rhodes - DB - Florida State
21 MIA - Justin Hunter - WR - Tennessee
22 BAL - Manti Te'o - ILB - Notre Dame
23 SEA - Robert Woods - WR - USC
24 NYG - Barrett Jones - OL - Alabama
25 PIT - LeVeon Bell - RB - Michigan State
26 DEN - Jesse Williams - DT - Alabama
27 SF - Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee
28 ATL - Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame
29 CHI - Eric Fisher - OT - Central Michigan
30 NE - Dion Jordan - DE - Oregon
31 HOU - C.J. Mosley - ILB - Alabama
32 GB - Eddie Lacy - RB - Alabama

Let me know what you think! For the most part I tried to have teams select BPA with needs drafting for special circumstances such as needing a QB, and keeping in mind the team's scheme and how the player would fit in there, or having lots of money tied up in the position or youth at the position, etc. As you should know, teams don't always draft their biggest need, so please refrain from saying 'i dunno i think the bengals need a safety more' or whatever, try to keep it to 'i dont think that guy is a scheme fit because of this and this' etc.

ps- i am a jets fan and therefore the only trade i have is them trading up to get jarvis jones, the current management loves to trade up when they can get a guy theyre in love with and if jones is sitting there at 7 theyd definitely pull the trigger, personally im hoping for that as we need an explosive rusher like jones

vidae 10-29-2012 02:06 PM

I would be shocked if the Chiefs aren't picking 1st overall, but I'll take Barkley at 3.

Raiderz4Life 10-29-2012 02:07 PM

Ty Wilson at 6 is OK with me.

Razor 10-29-2012 02:08 PM

I'd be really, really surprised if BB takes Jordan in the first. He's a great athlete, but when I watch him I don't think he looks like a NFL LDE which is what we need. In this scenario I'd take Jonathan Cooper, who to me is a top 20 player even if he's "just" a guard.

ChicagoBearsVet23 10-29-2012 02:47 PM

Right position for sure. I'd prefer Jake Mathews or Dallas Thomas. Bears FO would like Thomas's versatility to play guard and tackle.

Robcards 10-29-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoBearsVet23 (Post 3167254)
Right position for sure. I'd prefer Jake Mathews or Dallas Thomas. Bears FO would like Thomas's versatility to play guard and tackle.

Not sure if Matthews or Thomas will make good LTs in the NFL. Everything I'm hearing about this CMU guy Fisher is more promising and if anyones stock is going to rise by draft time its him.

Robcards 10-29-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3167193)
I would be shocked if the Chiefs aren't picking 1st overall, but I'll take Barkley at 3.

I feel the same way about the Jaguars. Worst team in the league and its not even close. Only reason they have a shot at not having the worst record in the NFL is because they are in the worst division in the NFL.

Robcards 10-29-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor (Post 3167199)
I'd be really, really surprised if BB takes Jordan in the first. He's a great athlete, but when I watch him I don't think he looks like a NFL LDE which is what we need. In this scenario I'd take Jonathan Cooper, who to me is a top 20 player even if he's "just" a guard.

Yeah, that was a strange one for me, it's always hard to mock Patriots picks anyway. I just don't like mocking guards in the first round. Tried to stick to just Warmack and Jones, and Jones at least has the versatility to play C and T as well. It's pretty rare when 3 or more interior linemen get drafted that early, there's usually about 2 a year.

Pat Sims 90 10-29-2012 04:28 PM

Idk why the Bengals would trade down. They more then likely would stay put and take Jarvis Jones. They love Georgia Bulldogs and Marvin Lewis loves LB/DE Hybrids. The Bengals also rarely trade. Mike Brown will only trade if the team is willing to give up more then what it is worth.

Bengals78 10-29-2012 06:03 PM

Hahaahahahahahahahaahahaha
Pass up the best OLB in the draft (a huge position of need for us none the less) and trade the pick?

Uh. How about no.

RaiderNation 10-29-2012 07:13 PM

I doubt we draft a QB early with all the holes we have, Palmer has been the least of our problems. I'd think we go Jones or Mingo there.

Raiderz4Life 10-29-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderNation (Post 3167516)
I doubt we draft a QB early with all the holes we have, Palmer has been the least of our problems. I'd think we go Jones or Mingo there.

I wish you'd stop saying that because it's clearly not true. Palmer is a problem

jared3 10-29-2012 07:21 PM

Give the Colts "Chance" to help out "Luck"

And I doubt Manti Te'o falls that far in the first round.

coordinator0 10-29-2012 07:48 PM

Te'o would be amazing for the Ravens. They need to get rid of Pees too but he would be a step in the right direction for the defense. That side of the ball looked like **** even before Lewis and Webb went down.

Bengals78 10-29-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderz Fo' Life (Post 3167520)
I wish you'd stop saying that because it's clearly not true. Palmer is a problem

Not for me!
:parrot:

RCSooner 10-29-2012 07:56 PM

Te'o should go higher.

Robcards 10-29-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengals78 (Post 3167441)
Hahaahahahahahahahaahahaha
Pass up the best OLB in the draft (a huge position of need for us none the less) and trade the pick?

Uh. How about no.

He isn't a 4-3 OLB you know that right? Don't see how he fits on the Bengals. If you know something about their defensive scheme that I don't I would love to hear it, but laughing and saying that a guy who would play DE for you and calling him an OLB only shows your ignorance.

Robcards 10-29-2012 08:33 PM

Manti Te'o is going to have to have one hell of a combine like Kuechly did to get drafted higher than around 20. Think he's only slightly better than Hightower at this point and he went 26th. Kuechly is a rare beast and Te'o is not even close to him which is what you need to be drafted in the first half of the 1st round as an ILB.

Bengals78 10-29-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robcards (Post 3167601)
He isn't a 4-3 OLB you know that right? Don't see how he fits on the Bengals. If you know something about their defensive scheme that I don't I would love to hear it, but laughing and saying that a guy who would play DE for you and calling him an OLB only shows your ignorance.

Yes he is. He is talented enough. David Pollack wasn't a 4-3 LB.
Michael Johnson isn't. Dontay Moch isn't.
Marvin likes 4-3 SLB who can line up with their hand down and rush also.
Part of why we were interested in Wimbley and kept Lawson.

Robcards 10-29-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 (Post 3167342)
Idk why the Bengals would trade down. They more then likely would stay put and take Jarvis Jones. They love Georgia Bulldogs and Marvin Lewis loves LB/DE Hybrids. The Bengals also rarely trade. Mike Brown will only trade if the team is willing to give up more then what it is worth.

Carlos Dunlap is 6'6 280 lbs and Michael Johnson is 6'7 266 lbs. While Jarvis Jones is 6'2 and currently around 245, assuming he packs on a little weight he'll be about 250-255 at the combine. And I don't see him playing LB in a 4-3 scheme, and if he did his value wouldn't be worth a top 10 pick as 4-3 OLBs are worth about as much as OGs are. And before anyone says Von Miller, let's be serious here Von Miller is a DE in Denver essentially.

Pat Sims 90 10-29-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robcards (Post 3167613)
Von Miller, let's be serious here Von Miller is a DE in Denver essentially.

Miller has lined up in Coverage quiet a bit this year. I did not know DE line up in Coverage that often.

Jarvis Jones is in a mold similar to Von Miller.

JagWired32 10-29-2012 11:54 PM

Not sure what makes you think we take Geno Smith atm. Gabbert has looked good the last 2 weeks. If he plays like this or similar to this for the rest of the year, hello Jarvis Jones!

Robcards 10-30-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 (Post 3167658)
Miller has lined up in Coverage quiet a bit this year. I did not know DE line up in Coverage that often.

Jarvis Jones is in a mold similar to Von Miller.

So do 3-4 OLBs on non-passing situations, that doesn't make them 4-3 LBs.

Robcards 10-30-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JagWired32 (Post 3167972)
Not sure what makes you think we take Geno Smith atm. Gabbert has looked good the last 2 weeks. If he plays like this or similar to this for the rest of the year, hello Jarvis Jones!

Doubt we'll see the #1 pick not be a QB ever again, if Jags decide to stick with Gabbert they'll just trade the pick.

killxswitch 10-30-2012 12:54 AM

OLB is a need but I think they'd take Warmack, best guard prospect in a long time and it's a huge need. Most pressure this season has been from the interior.