Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Trade deadline moved (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54292)

vidae 10-29-2012 01:04 PM

Trade deadline moved

The new trade deadline is 4pm EST on Thursday. It was moved because of the storm. Hooray. More time for the Chiefs to trade Bowe!

LonghornsLegend 10-29-2012 01:18 PM

Are the Packers going to trade for a RB? It's not really the MO of Thompson but Steven Jackson or Deangelo Williams are massive upgrades for a team who can win the SB, and wouldn't cost more then a mid round pick. Neither guy is a longterm fix, but if you go into the playoffs with Alex Green and James Starks your not going anywhere unless Rodgers is playing out of this world.

ImBrotherCain 10-29-2012 01:34 PM

I have been a Steven Jackson fan since he came into the league and I would love to see him in green and yellow. I just don't know if he would be worth anything above a 5th and I don't know how much better he would make this offense.

gpngc 10-29-2012 01:37 PM

With the way the Seahawks do business, I would be shocked if they aren't working on something right now.

RCAChainGang 10-29-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 3167242)
With the way the Seahawks do business, I would be shocked if they aren't working on something right now.

Flynn?........

gpngc 10-29-2012 01:46 PM

It wouldn't surprise me actually.

But more likely that they are looking to add a WR.

Matthew Jones 10-29-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain (Post 3167236)
I have been a Steven Jackson fan since he came into the league and I would love to see him in green and yellow. I just don't know if he would be worth anything above a 5th and I don't know how much better he would make this offense.

I'm not sure either. We all love Steven Jackson but at this point he's a 29 year-old back with over 2600 career touches who's averaging 3.7 yards per carry. Investing in Jackson long-term would be like buying a 2004 BMW with 125,000 miles on it.

villagewarrior 10-29-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 3167250)
It wouldn't surprise me actually.

But more likely that they are looking to add a WR.

I'd take a look at Bowe for Flynn, straight up.

gpngc 10-29-2012 02:32 PM

Prediction: Blount to the Packers for a 6th-round pick. Rodgers loves him.

Legacy 10-29-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 3167286)

You're not the first person I have heard this from. Posters on a Bucs board I frequent have been predicting something akin to this for several days.

I would not be happy with that trade, because that would make DJ Ware the primary back if Doug Martin should get hurt.

Also, why would the Packers, a team that runs a pass heavy offense, be interested in a running back who has been confined to the bench in passing situations for his entire career?

LonghornsLegend 10-29-2012 02:47 PM

Blount in Green Bay would be the worst fit possible in the world. For everything they love to do predominantly he's completely useless, and the things he does do Kuhn does just fine in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Jones (Post 3167253)
Investing in Jackson long-term would be like buying a 2004 BMW with 125,000 miles on it.

Again it's all cost related. It sounds like a crap deal if the car is worth 30k but if it was worth 5k all of a sudden it seems like it's worth it. I don't know what is the cheapest they would give up Jackson for, but they suck and he's not really doing anything out of the ordinary for him this year and is likely gone next year.

If you can start up talks revolving around a 4th or 5th, why not? Considering GB is a legit SB contender with a glaring hole it might be worth that risk. At least he can catch the ball really well and I don't think we've ever seen him on an offense this explosive. It might do his ypc some good.

Raiderz4Life 10-29-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Jones (Post 3167253)
I'm not sure either. We all love Steven Jackson but at this point he's a 29 year-old back with over 2600 career touches who's averaging 3.7 yards per carry. Investing in Jackson long-term would be like buying a 2004 BMW with 125,000 miles on it.

That's actually not that bad mileage specially since BMWs are virtually bulletproof engine and transmission wise. Just saying :P

Ness 10-29-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

They need to stop getting big, slow dudes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but was Benson really doing anything in the time he was there? Obviously both aren't the same player, but I don't see them either as a running threat.

jrdrylie 10-29-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

So you think a team that is extremely pass happy will trade for a guy who sucks as a receiver and pass blocker? As a Bears fan, I sure hope so!

Trogdor 10-29-2012 03:15 PM

If GB just needs someone to pass protect and catch swing passes let them take Felix Jones. Please?

As long as ball security isn't required it'll be perfect.

No backsies.

PackerLegend 10-29-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ness (Post 3167305)
They need to stop getting big, slow dudes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but was Benson really doing anything in the time he was there? Obviously both aren't the same player, but I don't see them either as a running threat.

Yes we do in fact have enough big, slow dudes. Benson actually showed glimpses of hope that we could in fact run the ball. He was able to break some 6-15 yard runs. Now we are lucky to break 2-4 yards ever. He wasnt out of this world by any means but I sure do miss him more then I thought we would. Teams seemed to respect him as a runner, now not so much and we still cant run.

Caulibflower 10-29-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagewarrior (Post 3167285)

Seattle's receiving corps doesn't need another receiver who drops two passes for every catch that makes the highlight reel.

gpngc 10-29-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3167324)
So you think a team that is extremely pass happy will trade for a guy who sucks as a receiver and pass blocker? As a Bears fan, I sure hope so!

They do not want to be as pass-happy as they are. They are pass happy in part because they don't have any good RBs.

Benson had a reputation as a subpar passing game back and that didn't stop them from adding him.

There would be nothing wrong with using Blount as a 40/60 timeshare back with Green and Kuhn.

He plays on running downs only and either gets the ball or PA. Still will add a dimension to their offense they don't currently have.

Legacy 10-29-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 3167357)
He plays on running downs only and either gets the ball or PA. Still will add a dimension to their offense they don't currently have.

Here's the problem... That's pretty much how the Bucs use him and the offense becomes absurdly predictable when he's on the field.

If Blount is in the game, it's almost 100% guaranteed that the Bucs will run the ball on that play. This is part of the reason why he has struggled this year and last.

LonghornsLegend 10-29-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 3167357)
They do not want to be as pass-happy as they are. They are pass happy in part because they don't have any good RBs.

Benson had a reputation as a subpar passing game back and that didn't stop them from adding him.

There would be nothing wrong with using Blount as a 40/60 timeshare back with Green and Kuhn.

Except Benson didn't cost a draft pick. And he wouldn't add any dimensions to their offense they don't have, I'm not even sure how you believe that one.

gpngc 10-29-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend (Post 3167371)
Except Benson didn't cost a draft pick. And he wouldn't add any dimensions to their offense they don't have, I'm not even sure how you believe that one.

Yes he absolutely would. He's a much better pure runner than Alex Green.

Malaka 10-29-2012 04:11 PM

I think the best move for the Packers is trading some later round picks for Steven Jackson. He fits their offense much better than anyone else, and I feel he some sill left in the tank. Fisher's offense and that offensive line isn't doing him any favors.

Bert Macklin 10-29-2012 04:40 PM

Anyone want Ingram? The locker room can use a new washing machine in new orleans.

bigbuc 10-29-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bert Macklin (Post 3167417)
Anyone want Ingram? The locker room can use a new washing machine in new orleans.

Money ball... " I don't want my guys paying for soda "

vidae 10-29-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagewarrior (Post 3167285)

That would be god awful Village. Just awful. Why would we want a guy that can't beat out Russel Wilson of all people? And to give up a #1 receiver for him? No thank you. Not in a million years.