Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Midseason Prediction Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54295)

OSUGiants17 10-29-2012 06:10 PM

Midseason Prediction Thread

Well fellas, we are officially half way through the NFL Season. Been plenty of surprises and a lot to talk about. From the Replacement Refs "Fail Mary" to Brees breaking the consecutive game TD record. It's hard to believe how fast this season is moving, but there is still plenty of good football to be played. So, with the NFL Season at it's half way point, predictions seem a little easier, post them all in here.

Here's my predictions

1. NFC Playoff Predictions:
1. Atlanta Falcons
2. Chicago Bears
3. New York Giants
4. San Francisco 49ers
5. Green Bay Packers
6. Seattle Seahawks

Seahawks > Giants
Packers > 49ers

Packers > Falcons
Bears > Seahawks

Packers > Bears

2. AFC Playoff Predictions:
1. Houston Texans
2. Denver Broncos
3. New England Patriots
4. Pittsburgh Steelers
5. Miami Dolphins
6. Indianapolis Colts

Patriots > Colts
Steelers > Dolphins

Texans > Patriots
Broncos > Steelers

Broncos > Texans

3. Super Bowl Prediction:
Broncos 24, Packers 20

4. Award Predictions:
Coach of the Year: Gary Kubiak

Comeback Player of the Year: Peyton Manning

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Robert Griffin III

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Chandler Jones

Offensive Player of the Year: Percy Harvin

Defensive Player of the Year: JJ Watt

MVP: Matt Ryan

Feel free to post predictions other than playoffs/awards here if you'd like

Gay Ork Wang 10-29-2012 06:17 PM

So bears seahawks again and then afterwards again the packers? talk about deja vu.

BeerBaron 10-29-2012 06:31 PM

If the Bears do win the North, I think it'll be as a 10-6, 11-5 #3 or #4 seed. Probably not #2. I could see the 49ers starting to roll again or the Giants actually playing well down the stretch to take that away.

I agree that the Broncos could end up the #2 seed in the AFC. They have an easy 2nd half schedule and Peyton will only continue to gel with that offense. They might only lose 1-2 more games this year.

Also, if the Colts make the playoffs like you are predicting, they should split the Coach of the Year award between Pagano and Arians.

Pat Sims 90 10-29-2012 06:47 PM

Jones is DROY right now, but I would not be surprised if Burfict ends of winning it.

49erNation85 10-29-2012 06:57 PM

It would be nice if some new team (besides Packers) make it to the superbowl. I hope SF does but unlikely with Alex Smith at QB. We will have another good play off run but choke as always.

Rosebud 10-29-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49erNation85 (Post 3167570)
It would be nice if some new team (besides Packers) make it to the superbowl. I hope SF does but unlikely with Alex Smith at QB. We will have another good play off run but choke as always.

You need a QB who can play at any elite level to go all to the superbowl so your best bets are the Broncos, Bears, Texans, Ravens.

Brent 10-29-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosebud (Post 3167575)
Ravens.

Bulldogs 10-29-2012 07:09 PM

There can't be a way we go one and done again. There just can't. I really hope not at least. Obviously what I say has no merit unless the team goes out and actually gets a playoff W, but now is as good a team as any.

Rosebud 10-29-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 3167579)

Flacco's played at a near elite level sometimes. I don't think there's any chance in hell that he actually strings together enough of those for the Ravens to go to the Superbowl, but it's theoretically possible.

AntoinCD 10-31-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 (Post 3167547)
Jones is DROY right now, but I would not be surprised if Burfict ends of winning it.

Not to turn this into a battle of two homers here, but I would be shocked if Burfict got close to this award.

Playing LB in the NFL just isn't that big a deal anymore. Unless you can rush the passer or cover on the back end you don't get the credit.

Jones this year has 5 more sacks, the same amount of pass defensed and 3 more forced fumbles while only 13 less solo tackles.

Stats don't necessarily tell a full story with how players are doing, however they play a big role in these awards. Sacks and turnovers are the key and Jones leads in both categories

bigbluedefense 10-31-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulldogs (Post 3167583)
There can't be a way we go one and done again. There just can't. I really hope not at least. Obviously what I say has no merit unless the team goes out and actually gets a playoff W, but now is as good a team as any.

Makes me wonder, if Atlanta loses again in the playoffs and still doesn't have a playoff win in the Matt Ryan era, does the head coach lose his job?

BeerBaron 10-31-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3169072)
Makes me wonder, if Atlanta loses again in the playoffs and still doesn't have a playoff win in the Matt Ryan era, does the head coach lose his job?

It happened to Tony Dungy in Tampa, it could happen to anyone. I think Smith would get least one more year though, especially if they enter the playoffs as a 1 seed.

Bulldogs 10-31-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3169072)

I refuse to consider this possibility.

killxswitch 10-31-2012 10:59 AM

So if the Colts make the playoffs with Luck at the helm, and the Redskins don't, how does RG3 win the OROY? Is it just stats or do you think the Colts have a better overall team than the Redskins?

BeerBaron 10-31-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 3169098)
So if the Colts make the playoffs with Luck at the helm, and the Redskins don't, how does RG3 win the OROY? Is it just stats or do you think the Colts have a better overall team than the Redskins?

Dalton made the playoffs last year but Newton still won the award. Whenever it's the AP doing the voting, hype and flash and stats will win out over team success.

bucfan12 10-31-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulldogs (Post 3169076)
I refuse to consider this possibility.

That's be the perfect scenario to fire smith and hire Jon Gruden.

BeerBaron 10-31-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucfan12 (Post 3169109)
That's be the perfect scenario to fire smith and hire Jon Gruden.

He could bring in Rob Johnson to push Matt Ryan and win the SB on the strength of that dominant defense...

...oh wait.

abaddon41_80 10-31-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosebud (Post 3167575)
You need a QB who can play at any elite level to go all to the superbowl so your best bets are the Broncos, Bears, Texans, Ravens.

tjsunstein 10-31-2012 12:35 PM

Matt Schaub would be beyond exposed without that running game.

ph90702 10-31-2012 01:15 PM

The Packers will win the NFC North. Five of their last eight games are against division opponents, and McCarthy has won more than 75% of his games against division opponents. Also, the Bears still have to play Houston and San Francisco, which are no walks in the park. The only difficult game left for the Packers is the Giants.

killxswitch 10-31-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 3169158)
Matt Schaub would be beyond exposed without that running game.

I don't know that "exposed" is the right word, does anyone really have the impression that Schaub is a top tier QB? I think he's a very good passer and fits the system well, but I would not call him a "franchise" QB.

Roddoliver 10-31-2012 03:23 PM

I'd put Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning ahead of Matt Ryan in the MVP race since it's an individual award and both have better stats than Ryan.

Bulldogs 10-31-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roddoliver (Post 3169270)
I'd put Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning ahead of Matt Ryan in the MVP race since it's an individual award and both have better stats than Ryan.

Team success certainly plays a part.

Bert Macklin 10-31-2012 04:07 PM

The saints give up the most yards in a season in history.

Halsey 10-31-2012 04:24 PM

I'll bet anyone anything you want that Mike Smith is not going to be replaced after this season. Even if the Falcons lose 50-0 in their only playoff game. The only place it will even be considered is on news sites trying to create conversation and message boards.