Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Happy Halloween (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54320)

BeerBaron 10-31-2012 09:44 AM

Happy Halloween

I did my partying the last couple of weekends. Went to a zombie themed party as a zombie hunter with an airsoft shotgun and everything. Good times.

I'm thinking of buying some pumpkin spice beer and candy after work tonight to celebrate on my own.

bigbluedefense 10-31-2012 10:37 AM

I feel bad for the kids here. Nobody is going trick or treating bc of the hurricane.

killxswitch 10-31-2012 10:53 AM

I hate pumpkin anything, but especially beer. Bleh.

Taking my kids trick or treating tonight. Too bad it is so cold and wet. I am going to stop by a Halloween supply place on my way home to see if I can find one of those hilarious rubber horse heads. If not, I'll just go with a big Ron Swanson mustache.

Splat 10-31-2012 10:56 AM

Do the world a favor and don't hand out Candy Corn.

BeerBaron 10-31-2012 10:57 AM

I remember one year there was practically a blizzard on Halloween but we still made it out. I think that was the year I went as the red Power Ranger, so like...mid 90s?

Then there was the year my dad decided that we were only allowed to have one piece of candy per day...that also sucked. Don't do that to your kids.

killxswitch 10-31-2012 11:01 AM

BB your father was a monster.

Splat 10-31-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerBaron (Post 3169097)
Then there was the year my dad decided that we were only allowed to have one piece of candy per day...

So, you still have some left?

BeerBaron 10-31-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 3169099)
BB your father was a monster.

Nah, he's a good guy, but he doesn't believe in junk food at all. To him, a "treat" would be some fig newtons after dinner. If my mom makes cookies or a cake, he'll have like one cookie or one small piece of cake, and then no more. If he does eat candy, it's always some kind of dark chocolate and even then, only a little bit.

Also, my brother has always had a lot of problems with cavities even though he takes pretty good care of his teeth. I think that was part of his ban. Which sucked for me who has never had a cavity....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat (Post 3169100)
So, you still have some left?

Haha, no... We were sneaky and my mom secretly sided with us. She'd throw some in our backpacks before school and would turn a blind eye when we would swipe some.

jrdrylie 10-31-2012 11:13 AM

I live in an apartment currently, so no Trick or Treaters for me. I'm just making some pasta, drinking some beers, and watching a few horror movies.

Ness 10-31-2012 11:21 AM

Happy Halloween. I'm going to the San Francisco Giants parade in about thirty minutes. Should be fun. Coincidence that Halloween colors happen to also be the Giants colors and the parade is held on Halloween day. Truly spooky.

CJSchneider 10-31-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerBaron (Post 3169102)
Nah, he's a good guy, but he doesn't believe in junk food at all. To him, a "treat" would be some fig newtons after dinner. If my mom makes cookies or a cake, he'll have like one cookie or one small piece of cake, and then no more. If he does eat candy, it's always some kind of dark chocolate and even then, only a little bit.

Also, my brother has always had a lot of problems with cavities even though he takes pretty good care of his teeth. I think that was part of his ban. Which sucked for me who has never had a cavity....

Now I get this mental image when I think of BB's father.

Shane P. Hallam 10-31-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

I remember one year there was practically a blizzard on Halloween but we still made it out. I think that was the year I went as the red Power Ranger, so like...mid 90s?

Then there was the year my dad decided that we were only allowed to have one piece of candy per day...that also sucked. Don't do that to your kids.

That would be 1993. I can't seem to remember what I was.

BeerBaron 10-31-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ness (Post 3169114)
Happy Halloween. I'm going to the San Francisco Giants parade in about thirty minutes. Should be fun. Coincidence that Halloween colors happen to also be the Giants colors and the parade is held on Halloween day. Truly spooky.

Do you, or anyone else, remember that Bears/49ers game on Halloween a few years back? I want to say 2004/2005-ish.

Craig Krenzel vs. Ken Dorsey. THAT was scary.

BeerBaron 10-31-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJSchneider (Post 3169127)
Now I get this mental image when I think of BB's father.

I think I would have inherited some cool wizard powers if Saruman was my dad.

CJSchneider 10-31-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerBaron (Post 3169134)
I think I would have inherited some cool wizard powers if Saruman was my dad.

Nope, you inherited the power of making delicious candies and kidnapping little orange people.

jrdrylie 10-31-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 3169131)
That would be 1993. I can't seem to remember what I was.

I'm pretty sure I was a clown in 1993.

Ness 10-31-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerBaron (Post 3169132)
Do you, or anyone else, remember that Bears/49ers game on Halloween a few years back? I want to say 2004/2005-ish.

Craig Krenzel vs. Ken Dorsey. THAT was scary.

Yes. I was thinking about that a few days ago randomly. I hated that game. It was on a Sunday night back when ESPN had the rights to Sunday night football and I had to listen to Mike Patrick, Paul McGuire, Joe Theisman, (hated that crew) and look at the 49ers worst team take the field biting tooth and nail just to make a field goal. It was 2004. It was one of the worst games I ever watched. Both teams were terrible. And yes I do remember Craig Krenzel and the commentators started talking about his major in college or something which had to do with nuclear physics or whatever, because there was nothing else to talk about.

tjsunstein 10-31-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3169086)
I feel bad for the kids here. Nobody is going trick or treating bc of the hurricane.

They informally pushed Halloween back to Friday here in NJ because of the storm. Stupid, because theres nothing wrong with today.

dabears10 10-31-2012 12:45 PM

Chipotle burritos are 2 bucks if you are in a costume.

http://www.chipotle.com/en-us/boorito/mboorito.aspx

BeerBaron 10-31-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabears10 (Post 3169167)

The last couple of times I went to Chipotle, this obviously stoned as **** guy made my burrito and he ******* PACKED it full. I like that guy, even if he does just give me a blank stare when I tell him what I want in it.

jrdrylie 10-31-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

I wore a suit to work today. I've never watched the show but on my way home from work I'm stopping by Chipotle and telling them I'm dressed up as NPH from How I Met Your Mother.

FlyingElvis 10-31-2012 01:14 PM

Sweet . . . I know what I'm doing for dinner! I wonder how long the line will be . . .

Also, Happy Halloween!

My favorite holiday, even if the stupid hurricane forced me to take down all the decorations.

Grizzlegom 10-31-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Like Shane said, pretty sure that was 1993. Also, I'm pretty sure I went as Randall Cunningham that year. My parents got black body paint and painted my face and hands to go with the Eagles uniform.

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 3169093)
Taking my kids trick or treating tonight. Too bad it is so cold and wet.

Me too, got the okay to leave work early to get home with lots of time for Trick or Treating :-) Agreed, we might just do the trick or treat at the mall although it's gonna be stupid crowded...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerBaron (Post 3169102)

This is pretty much how I am. Not a big sweets guy at all. I don't eat chocolate so when I used to go trick or treating, I'd come home half-way through and I'd dump my bag and we'd re-give out all the chocolate I got. Smarties and Sweet Tarts are pretty much the only candy I actually like haha.

CJSchneider 10-31-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

I am teaching PE this year, so I could just put my whistle back on and say I'm "Mr. Woodcock".

Jvig43 10-31-2012 02:16 PM

Not a huge pumpkin flavor guy either but I will say this :

Is the tits.