Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Who Are Your Top Small School Prospects? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54334)

DraftSwag 10-31-2012 10:43 PM

Who Are Your Top Small School Prospects?

I'm up in the Northeast Region so I hear about a good amount of D2 and FCS prospects in the PSAC and CAA, but I was wondering who else is out there at the FCS and the D2 level that has the potential to make an impact at the next level. One of my favorite players is Larry McCoy from Duquesne. This 5'10 225lb back is top 5 among active rushers in college football in all divisions. I've heard lot's about Rontez Miles from California University of Pennsylvania and Aaron Mellette from Elon. I love seeing guys like Victor Cruz and Pierre Garcon that come out of nowhere and become impact players in the NFL. Love to hear from you guys who is out there.

norcalgsr 11-01-2012 02:45 AM

Miguel Maysonet, RB Stony Brook

Shakir Bell, RB Indiana State

Tim Flanders, RB Sam Houston State

villagewarrior 11-01-2012 10:34 AM

Wow, I know it's a highlight film and it's against Syracuse but Maysonet's film was pretty impressive. Have to love the vision, patience, ability to cut, and he's got some slippery to his game.

DraftSwag 11-01-2012 01:02 PM

I have concern with these guys measurables. RB is a tough positon to get drafted at especially when you look at how weak the position is at the FBS level. Any better prospects than this. Check out Aaron Mellette and Rontez Miles, these are guys that are potential draft picks. Rumor is that Mellette has mid round talent.

norcalgsr 11-01-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagewarrior (Post 3169803)
Wow, I know it's a highlight film and it's against Syracuse but Maysonet's film was pretty impressive. Have to love the vision, patience, ability to cut, and he's got some slippery to his game.

It's not a "highlight" film. It's ALL his carries. It's the only FBS school he plays this year.

rawdawg 11-01-2012 08:49 PM

Shakir Bell is legit. Seen him play several times. Going to be a steal and I think he can be more of an every down back than his size (5-9, 185) would indicate. The name Darren Sproles keeps coming up with him. His teammate Ben Obaseki is probably a UDFA, but I think he can make an NFL roster.

Mark Jackson from Glenville St. is a mauler at OT. Looks like a RT or RG though. Big boy.

I also like the small school safeties, such as: Rontez Miles (CAL PA), Malcolm Bronson (McNeese), Kejuan Riley (Alabama St).

villagewarrior 11-02-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norcalgsr (Post 3169928)
It's not a "highlight" film. It's ALL his carries. It's the only FBS school he plays this year.

You're right, my bad. Still like what I see in this look against higher level of competition.