Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Da'Rick Rogers Will Enter 2013 NFL Draft (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54453)

Scott Wright 11-10-2012 02:30 PM

Da'Rick Rogers Will Enter 2013 NFL Draft

Tennessee Tech WR Da'Rick Rogers will enter the 2013 NFL Draft, per @Josh_Ward.

In case you aren't familiar with Rogers, he was a former Top 10 recruit nationally according to Rivals who began his college career at Tennessee and had 67 receptions for 1,040 yards (15.5 avg.) and 9 touchdowns in 2011 for Volunteers. Unfortunately Rogers was sent packing from Knoxville following multiple failed drug tests and transferred down a level for this season.

Rogers is arguably a first round talent but will obviously slip a bit on Draft Day due to character concerns. Top 100 is a possibility though, especially since this is a weak crop of senior wideouts.

Matthew Jones 11-10-2012 02:32 PM

I'm expecting him to go in the second or third round at the latest. His character issues seem overblown based on some interviews I've seen.

AntoinCD 11-10-2012 02:35 PM

Rogers going the opposite direction of Mathieu and it's worked out for him. Sure he may not reach the heights in the draft he probably would have had he been able to stay at UT but I think he will be a second round pick. I do think he has a chance to sneak into the late first if he has a good offseason and can show the issues are in the past. It's actually scary to think how good that Vols offense could have been when they would have had 3 legitimate top 50 draft picks

Pit Bull #53 11-10-2012 02:38 PM

Sig quote says it all.

Don Vito 11-10-2012 03:08 PM

Unreal ability. A divine power forced him to be an idiot and get the boot from UT because those 3 should be illegal together at any level. Scary thing is Rogers might have the highest ceiling of the 3.

vidae 11-10-2012 03:17 PM

He'll go to the Chiefs at the top of the 3rd.

Pit Bull #53 11-10-2012 03:33 PM

This play sums up his game perfectly for me. Bray throws a pass to him in the endzone, he gets sandwiched and completely destroyed between two Cincinnati defenders. Hit hard enough to send his helmet flying. He gets up with the biggest smile on his face while the two defenders are left lying on the ground in agony wondering if they delivered the hit or took it.

descendency 11-10-2012 05:10 PM

Nevermind. Wrong guy. Forgot which one left Tennessee.

Don Vito 11-10-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3178175)
He'll go to the Chiefs at the top of the 3rd.

He won't last beyond the top of the second. After the combine he'll probably go in the first, and honestly anyone who gets him after that is Committing highway robbery.

nameless 11-10-2012 06:42 PM

I had such high hopes for that crop of Tennessee juniors a few years ago. Da'Rick turned out to be a knucklehead, Justin Hunter's knee exploded(although he seems to be coming back well), and I don't even know where to start with Bray.

Anyway, tangent aside, you've got to love this kids talent. I can see him doing a lot better than top 100 if he nails the interviews and tests well. Guys that are 6'3 with speed AND the kind of physical element he brings to the table just aren't a common sight. There's still some things that I would have liked to see him clean up in his game(Can't say if he's been working towards that as I don't get many Tennessee Tech games up here), but you take character out of the equation and you have a guy that's very similar to Julio Jones in terms of ability.

CashmoneyDrew 11-10-2012 07:02 PM

No doubt that he's extremely talented, but I wouldn't touch him before the 4th. He needs an ego check. And even then I would have to have a veteran locker room that would quickly put him in his place if he was out of line. He's got more issues than just pot.

descendency 11-10-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 (Post 3178104)
Sig quote says it all.

lol. I have to wonder about players that make comparisons like that...

BamaFalcon59 11-10-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nameless (Post 3178383)
I had such high hopes for that crop of Tennessee juniors a few years ago. Da'Rick turned out to be a knucklehead, Justin Hunter's knee exploded(although he seems to be coming back well), and I don't even know where to start with Bray.

Anyway, tangent aside, you've got to love this kids talent. I can see him doing a lot better than top 100 if he nails the interviews and tests well. Guys that are 6'3 with speed AND the kind of physical element he brings to the table just aren't a common sight. There's still some things that I would have liked to see him clean up in his game(Can't say if he's been working towards that as I don't get many Tennessee Tech games up here), but you take character out of the equation and you have a guy that's very similar to Julio Jones in terms of ability.

A guy with physical ability like Julio is Patterson, not Rogers.

phlysac 11-10-2012 09:50 PM

Swag

bucfan12 11-11-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlysac (Post 3178496)

Swag

Lol. 10 char.

TitanHope 11-11-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3178100)
It's actually scary to think how good that Vols offense could have been when they would have had 3 legitimate top 50 draft picks

Had Rodgers stayed, it could have been 5 considering Hunter, Thomas, Patterson, Rodgers, and Braysed God.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 3178158)
A divine power forced him to be an idiot and get the boot from UT because those 3 should be illegal together at any level.

They'd have still managed to lose 327-330.

descendency 11-11-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanHope (Post 3178652)
They'd have still managed to lose 327-330.

Tennessee has more dropped balls than every middle school.

katnip 11-11-2012 11:34 AM

Based on what I read in here. He's like former Syracuse, current Buc Mike Williams. Except better physically.