Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Week 10: Chiefs AT Steelers (MNF, ugh) (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54468)

vidae 11-11-2012 03:24 PM

Week 10: Chiefs AT Steelers (MNF, ugh)

Ugh. Talk about it (or not) here.

King Carls 5 Year Plan 11-11-2012 05:11 PM

Steelers win HUGE! I hope it is bad enough on national tv that everyone is talking about how the Chiefs couldn't possibly retain anyone from the coaching staff and front office. I hope it is so bad that Clark HAS to say/do something. anything. really, we are all just waiting for that shoe to drop. hopefully, Pioli and Crennel can fimd their own flights back from Pitt. Haley is out to prove a point. You prove it, brah!

villagewarrior 11-12-2012 08:20 AM

We's gonna get obliterated.

onejayhawk 11-12-2012 08:40 AM

See Baltimore game.

J

vidae 11-12-2012 09:48 AM

^

From the same guy that said we had 7 to 9 MORE wins than the 1 we already had. Hmm.

villagewarrior 11-12-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onejayhawk (Post 3180379)
See Baltimore game.

J

I'll say it now, if the Chiefs keep it that close they will win the football game.

It won't be that close.

AntoinCD 11-12-2012 10:33 AM

I say the Chiefs pull off a major shock and only lose by single digits

vidae 11-12-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3180433)
I say the Chiefs pull off a major shock and only lose by single digits

Hah, that would be a major shock. Haley wants to put 40+ on us no question.

TheMatriculator 11-12-2012 12:58 PM

Sunday, November 7, 1976...One of the worst defeats in Chiefs history.

Steelers 45, Chiefs 0 at Arrowhead.

Mike Livingston started at QB and he was 11 for 25 with 4 INT.

Pat McNeil was our leading rusher with 19 yards.

I just hope tonight isn't worse than that...but it could be.:facepalm:

At least that team was just god awful. No talent! What is this team's excuse?

vidae 11-12-2012 04:04 PM

No heart. No desire. And no coaching.

vidae 11-12-2012 10:51 PM

That wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be at least. We still lost because of our two biggest weaknesses though: coaching and QB play. Is it April yet? Ugh.

Splat 11-12-2012 10:51 PM

There is no reason why the D shouldn't play like this all the time. It's what upsets me most about this season.

villagewarrior 11-13-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onejayhawk (Post 3180379)
See Baltimore game.

J

Good call.

The defense played fantastic last night, no doubt. However, the touchdown celebration was an absolute killer. No penalty and the Steelers have to punt. Instead they got a first down and went on to kick a field goal.

Also, Tamba Hali needs to go back to not talking to the media. He was much more hardcore beast-mode when he didn't speak at all. Now I hear him talking every week and he's not making as many plays as he oughta be.

King Carls 5 Year Plan 11-13-2012 12:25 PM

Way to keep it classy, Chiefs. A 1-7 team talkin **** in a game they lost. the celebration penalty, headbutting the QB, guttless play calling. I dont care how close it was. a loss is a loss. we're way past the point of moral victories.

villagewarrior 11-13-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan (Post 3181425)
Way to keep it classy, Chiefs. A 1-7 team talkin **** in a game they lost. the celebration penalty, headbutting the QB, guttless play calling. I dont care how close it was. a loss is a loss. we're way past the point of moral victories.

I'm going to take issue with the headbutting. The replays I saw showed helmet to shoulder contact. The refs made some pretty bad calls last night. This over-protectiveness of players getting hit in the head is ridiculous. Eric Winston was wrong: they ARE gladiators. They get paid a lot of money to put their bodies on the line in front of thousands of spectators. They ARE gladiators. If you don't want to get a concussion or suffer from football-related health issues in the future, then quit playing football. Everybody knows what they are getting into when they sign the millions of dollars contract.

T-RICH49 11-14-2012 03:21 PM

re-watched the game.Dontari Poe had a monster game

vidae 11-14-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-RICH49 (Post 3182214)

I can't believe you could make it through a second time. But yeah, Poe played really well. He has been playing well this year for sure. He isn't lighting the world on fire but he is doing his job.

T-RICH49 11-14-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3182269)
I can't believe you could make it through a second time. But yeah, Poe played really well. He has been playing well this year for sure. He isn't lighting the world on fire but he is doing his job.

outside of us taking a 10-0 lead and tying the game up I skipped the other offensive series & just watched the defense lol

T-RICH49 11-14-2012 06:43 PM

also the holding call on Albert on the Bowe TD was garbage

villagewarrior 11-14-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-RICH49 (Post 3182382)
also the holding call on Albert on the Bowe TD was garbage

I'm not too upset about it. As a lineman if you get your hand around the defender's shoulder you will get called for holding every time. Plus, the Chiefs probably win if Bowe's TD stands, and we're going to have a hard enough time fighting off other teams for the 1st pick without having to account for a 2nd win.

TheMatriculator 11-15-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagewarrior (Post 3182511)
I'm not too upset about it. As a lineman if you get your hand around the defender's shoulder you will get called for holding every time. Plus, the Chiefs probably win if Bowe's TD stands, and we're going to have a hard enough time fighting off other teams for the 1st pick without having to account for a 2nd win.

That's all you can ask of any official; be consistent. Besides it they hadn't called Albert for the penalty they would have called a penalty on Bowe for taunting and negated the TD under the current rules. Now that would have really made me upset.

Splat 11-15-2012 08:55 AM

It was nice to see Tony Mo make a few plays. I had forgot he was even on the team...

vidae 11-15-2012 10:00 AM

It all loops back around to QB play, doesn't it? Tony Mo has been invisible, but so has our offense, and we know the reason.

TheMatriculator 11-15-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3182733)
It all loops back around to QB play, doesn't it? Tony Mo has been invisible, but so has our offense, and we know the reason.

Yeah, but in fairness Tony Moeaki hasn't played well for most of the year. He and Berry have taken longer to come around than Charles. It really is a credit to Jamaal that he came back so fast.

onejayhawk 11-16-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-RICH49 (Post 3182214)

Our 1st round pick is a moral victory I am willing to take.

I said, and still think this is ateam with 11 win talent, except at QB. Just how big an exception tha turned out to be has surprised me. However, you cannot stack it all on Cassel. It has become clear that 11 win coaching is also necessary. If nothing else, we should have had this kind of defense consistently this season.

J