Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   NFL Week 11 Discussion Thread. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54491)

Ness 11-12-2012 11:01 PM

NFL Week 11 Discussion Thread.

Thursday November 15th

Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills

Sunday November 18th

Green Bay Packers at Detroit Lions
Arizona Cardinals at Atlanta Falcons
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Carolina Panthers
Cleveland Browns at Dallas Cowboys
Philadelphia Eagles at Washington Redskins
New York Jets at St.Louis Rams
Cincinnati Bengals at Kansas City Chiefs
Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans
New Orleans Saints at Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos
Indianapolis Colts at New England Patriots
Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers

Monday November 19th

Chicago Bears at San Francisco 49ers

Bye

New York Giants, Seattle Seahawks, Tennessee Titans, Minnesota Vikings

niel89 11-12-2012 11:04 PM

The Bal/Pitt game will be radically different depending how the Steelers injuries play out. Great Sunday night game either way though.

Ness 11-12-2012 11:04 PM

Looks like New Orleans will most likely get back to .500. Look out.

gpngc 11-12-2012 11:08 PM

Quick take:

Jets or Rams - the loser is completely done and playing for a draft pick.

Cowboys, Bucs, and Saints - have to take care of business. Dire consequences for whoever doesn't.

Lions and Chargers have an opportunity to get back on the map.

What will the Pats have in store for Luck?

Ness 11-12-2012 11:15 PM

The Chuck Strong story will be the top story after that week if Luck beats the Patriots.

Interesting that the media kept talking about the Panthers in the beginning of the year after the losses kept mounting and wondering what Cam Newton's deal was. Now I barely hear about the team as it looks like the media has moved on from wondering why to just not caring. I wonder if the same will happen to the Philadelphia Eagles if they keep losing.

cmarq83 11-12-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 3181145)

Wide open receivers?

49ersfan_87 11-13-2012 12:03 AM

Primetime games this week could be pretty bad.

MIA @ BUF- Probably will be a snoozefest.

BAL @ PIT- If Roethlisberger is injured this could be Byron Leftwich or Charlie Batch starting...

CHI @ SF- Both Cutler and Smith could miss games due to concussions...which would make it Jason Campbell vs Colin Kaepernick. Do Bears fans know if Cutler will play on MNF? It looks alright for Alex...so far. Still a long way to go to get cleared though.

On Sunday, the 1 PM games i'm looking forward to are GB @ DET and ARI @ ATL. 4 PM i like IND @ NE. SD and OAK are slumping and on paper, will probably lose to the Broncos and Saints respectively.

descendency 11-13-2012 12:10 AM

About half of the people that voted in ESPN's poll think Nick Foles should start over a healthy Mike Vick next week.

Mufasa 11-13-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 3181176)
About half of the people that voted in ESPN's poll think Nick Foles should start over a healthy Mike Vick next week.

Might as well. Even if Vick is cleared to play you can still use the concussion as an excuse to not play him. If Foles plays well, you go with him the rest of the year. If not, you can go back to Vick rather easily.

armageddon 11-13-2012 12:34 AM

Please Eagles, beat the Skins.

Sincerely,
Rams fan wanting the Skins pick to be top 5

soybean 11-13-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 3181176)

the really telling part is that Philadelphia voted in favor of Foles for this coming week.

SuperMcGee 11-13-2012 12:45 AM

Thursday night game! Leaving class early to start tailgating. Class usually ends at 12:30, so it should be good.

This really could be quite an important game. The Colts will be underdogs in New England, so if we can get a win and they lose, that sets up a huge matchup in Week 12 that can put us right back into the wild card race. These thoughts are probably ridiculous for a 3-win team, but that pair of games is followed by home tilts against Jacksonville and St. Louis. Gotta have hope, right?

Ness 11-13-2012 12:48 AM

I actually think this Thursday Night game will be better than last week's. Meh, I'll probably watch.

CJSchneider 11-13-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ness (Post 3181141)
Looks like New Orleans will most likely get back to .500. Look out.

If we play D like we have the last two weeks.

Ness 11-13-2012 01:07 AM

Might not matter. Raiders are giving up way too many points.

Hines 11-13-2012 04:45 AM

Sunday night's game has the potential to suck because Ben isn't playing.

abaddon41_80 11-13-2012 08:19 AM

I think the Steelers are going to win even if Ben is out. Leftwich is one of the more capable backups in the league and I just don't like the way the Ravens defense has played this year and I don't trust Flacco.

Thecollegedropout 11-13-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 3181145)
Quick take:

Jets or Rams - the loser is completely done and playing for a draft pick.

Cowboys, Bucs, and Saints - have to take care of business. Dire consequences for whoever doesn't.

Lions and Chargers have an opportunity to get back on the map.

We've been done for so long already.

If this team has any pride, especially this defense, they do not let Schotty go and try and defeat them.

killxswitch 11-13-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmarq83 (Post 3181164)
Wide open receivers?

You could take that two different ways and they would both be right. Brady and Luck could combine for 800 yards in this game. Or Luck will play like a rookie and it'll be a bloodbath.

Jvig43 11-13-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 3181359)
You could take that two different ways and they would both be right. Brady and Luck could combine for 800 yards in this game. Or Luck will play like a rookie and it'll be a bloodbath.

I think you'll have a shot to win it for most of the game. I think when all is said and done we can get by with a 10 point win, but I could also see Luck playing very well against us. The Pats are eiyther going to blow you out, or let you stick around until the 4th where we do everything in our power to help you win, so unless youre the Jets or the Bills any team has a good shot at beating us.

AntoinCD 11-13-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jvig43 (Post 3181368)
I think you'll have a shot to win it for most of the game. I think when all is said and done we can get by with a 10 point win, but I could also see Luck playing very well against us. The Pats are eiyther going to blow you out, or let you stick around until the 4th where we do everything in our power to help you win, so unless youre the Jets or the Bills any team has a good shot at beating us.

Yup, I think the one good thing (although it's not really a good thing) is even when the Pats play a poor game they can still score enough to be competitive. If the defense plays even mediocre (ie not horrendously) I don't think this one will be close. Likewise if the offense plays well I don't think this will be close. However there have been 5 games this year when neither have done that well and 3 resulted in losses.

Luck worries me and Wayne is having himself a year. The Colts running game doesn' give me any worry though so I think Belichick will put everything into stopping Wayne.

I don't think the Colts back 7 can get close to the Pats weapons in this one

Thecollegedropout 11-13-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jvig43 (Post 3181368)
so unless youre the Jets or the Bills any team has a good shot at beating us.

Thankfully for you guys, you guys get a date with us next Thursday. We are about to make the Patriots D look legendary, I'll tell you what.

Jvig43 11-13-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout (Post 3181375)
Thankfully for you guys, you guys get a date with us next Thursday. We are about to make the Patriots D look legendary, I'll tell you what.

Legendary terrible I hope you mean. I'm pretty certain i could throw for 300 yards against this defense.

AntoinCD 11-13-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout (Post 3181375)

The Jets O against the Pats D is like a midget vs a dwarf in a who's taller contest

BuckeyeDan17 11-13-2012 11:17 AM

We will hang with Dallas for maybe a half then Shurmur will go full ******** and coach his way into a second half blowout.